PDA

View Full Version : I am Supergurl

Brandie.n
03-13-2023, 11:57 PM
As a teen I was the typical ugly duckling I was really skinny to skinny. I looked like a camp survivor skinny I was a hateful racist teen I was a product of my raising. Blacks with blacks, white with whites, Baptist with Baptist etc. When I was the ripe old age of 19 I found out I had stage 4 Leukemia. I was told to take chemo or make my funeral arrangements. While I was taking my treatments I realized how stupid I was and Vowed to change for the better. And I am happy to say I beat cancer and have been cancer free for 20yrs now. I turned my life around eating healthy accepting everyone. I have traveled all over the us been in pride parades etc. Then one day I was having chest pain I walked into the ER and said I am having a heart attac. The check in person said WHAT? I said time is of the essents here the cardiogist asked me how did I walk in people in my condition got an ambulance ride in. Since then I have had 5 more heart attacks. Because of everything I went threw I was tired of hiding Brandy so I decided to let her out and come out to everyone. When I came out everyone said yea we know we been waiting on you to admit it. My parents accepted me and my mother even got a 8x10 picture of brandy in her she room. I decided to dress as Supergirl and go to Superman celebration and I was a hit. People told me I looked good had pictures taken with me and of me. I was asked to model with vendors Supergirl statues product etc. I made new friends I was flying. Even got invited back this year.

Cancer Warrior
Heart survivor
Supergirl

mbmeen12
03-14-2023, 12:49 AM
Good for you and stay strong. Watch out for kryptonite....

docrobbysherry
03-14-2023, 01:43 AM
Wow! For nearly 10 years Supergirl has been hiding out among us!:eek:

I'm glad u finally decided to reveal your true identity, Brandie!:thumbsup:

Jillcder
03-14-2023, 05:01 AM
What an uplifting story thanks for sharing.

Heather76
03-14-2023, 05:16 AM
You don't just dress like Supergirl, you are Supergurl. You were right to live your life as you want because, as you know, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Your story is one of bravery, tenacity, and overcoming adversity. Thanks for sharing it.

Jolene Robertson
03-14-2023, 05:37 AM
Great story Brandie,

How inspiring! Hope you are with us for a long time to come.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Mermaiden
03-14-2023, 06:15 AM
Glad I logged on this morning and found this post. Inspirational.

mykell
03-14-2023, 06:18 AM
truth justice and the brandie way....thanks for sharing with us....

alwayshave
03-14-2023, 06:50 AM
Brandie, You are a supergirl.

GretchenM
03-14-2023, 06:52 AM
Wow, Brandie, that is a story to behold. Such an inspiration to us all. You turned a lemon into lemonade and mostly by your own efforts and determination to follow a different road from a land of darkness to a land drenched is sunlight and truth about yourself and your relationship to the world.

Crissy 107
03-14-2023, 07:39 AM
Congrats, that is such a wonderful story!

CynthiaD
03-14-2023, 07:54 AM
Great story Brandie. Thanks!

Lana Mae
03-14-2023, 08:40 AM
I'm not so sure that you are Supergirl! You might be Wonder Woman! LOL Glad you worked through all of that! Special Hugs Lana Mae

Ursula Harrison
03-14-2023, 08:43 AM
If this thread doesn't encourage others to get out and embrace their femme selves then nothing will.

Diane P
03-14-2023, 11:03 AM
Brandie, if I hadn't gone to the Girls Night Out Sat in OKC your story would have helped me decide to go out as Diane. You are an inspiration to all of us and I hope you are with for many more years Supergurl!

NancySue
03-14-2023, 11:20 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. It?s now time UP, UP and AWAYYYY.

jayme357
03-14-2023, 10:00 PM
I simply can’t find words to adequately express my admiration for you. Your courage is such an inspiration. Most of us spend too uch time complains how unfair life is. Not you! If everyone had your courage and commitment this would be a far better life that we live..

Davina2833
03-15-2023, 01:42 AM
Brandie,

Thanks for your story. Very enlightening, you go girl!

We love when you visit with us.

Davina

chrissy111
03-15-2023, 10:15 AM
Thanks for such a inspiring story, you rock!!!

Brandie.n
03-15-2023, 12:40 PM
I was going to post this in another thread but here it goes.
While I was there a 2 preteens came up to me and held out there hand and said give me some skin Wonder Woman. I knew what he was going to do but I played along and he pulled his hand away said to slow and ran. 30 minutes later they found me again and asked hey are you a guy? I said yes they giggled and ran. An hour later I was having a break sitting at a outdoor cafe sipping a lemonade. Here the Kids came again but not full of piss and vinegar like they was. I got Excuse me Wonder woman my cousin wants his picture taken with you please. I got up said ok lets do it by the Metropolis sign.( I was painted on the wall saying Love from metropolis.) I took my picture with him both their faces lite up and said THAK YOUU WONDER WOMAN!!! They ran off never to be seen again.

Diane P
03-15-2023, 11:30 PM
Glad to hear that the two idiot children decided to come back and be better behaved. Sounds like you really made the kids day by having a picture taken with him.

Crissy 107
03-16-2023, 05:41 AM
A nice ending, thanks for sharing

CDMargret
03-16-2023, 08:09 AM
You truly are a Superwoman. Thank you for sharing and stay strong.

Brandie.n
03-16-2023, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear that the two idiot children decided to come back and be better behaved. Sounds like you really made the kids day by having a picture taken with him.

I think the kids was curious they was around the age I was when I first wanted to crossdress and the cousin had the urge.

ShawnaL
03-16-2023, 06:23 PM
Thank you, Brandie...I needed a "lift" today and WOW - did this ever do the trick!
BIG hugs! Shawna

Sabine Janus
03-18-2023, 03:18 PM
Brandie

"While I was taking my treatments I realized how stupid I was and Vowed to change for the better."

What happened specifically that changed your view?

SJ

NonbiNancy
03-18-2023, 11:09 PM
Such a wonderful and inspiring story. You're living proof that we really can make those difficult choices, let go of how others define us and thrive. And you did it all in midst of such adversity.

Big hugs!! -Nancy

Brandie.n
03-19-2023, 06:13 AM
Brandie

"While I was taking my treatments I realized how stupid I was and Vowed to change for the better."

What happened specifically that changed your view?

SJ

While I was taking chemo I was sitting in a seat facing the city skyline. I started thinking how many people there was in that city going about their everyday life. While I was sitting there attached to a medicine bag my life depended on each and every drip. Then it hit me Im fighting for my life in a fight or flight mode and where is all the people I hated on? Out in that city living their life while I am fighting for mine. I made a vow of change right then and there. Every one deserves to live their own life as they seem fit.

Diane P
03-19-2023, 01:59 PM
Brandie.n congratulations on your epiphany!

DianeT
03-20-2023, 07:50 AM
You are a Supergirl indeed. And you wear the costume nicely. Your life story is inspiring.