View Full Version : dressing makes me happier

jacques
03-24-2023, 12:39 PM
hello all,
an observation -
when I am unhappy dressing makes me happier
when I am stressed dressing takes the stress away
but when I am depressed I don't dress.
(The depression is a side effect of my chemotherapy and I know it will will go away soon when the treatment stops)
stay healthy!
luv J

AmyJordan
03-24-2023, 06:51 PM
Hi Jacques
I know I speak for everyone here that we all wish you a speedy recovery and you will be back happier than ever. Take care

kimdl93
03-24-2023, 09:51 PM
Yes, get well soon!

Diane P
03-24-2023, 11:08 PM
Jacques for what it's worht I'll add you to my prayer list. Get well soon.

dejalee
03-25-2023, 12:51 AM
It's interesting to hear how dressing can have different effects on our mood depending on the circumstances. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through chemotherapy and experiencing depression as a side effect. It's important to remember that depression is a medical condition and there are resources available to help manage it.

It's also important to be kind to ourselves during difficult times and to do what makes us feel happy and comfortable. If dressing makes you feel better, I encourage you to continue doing so, even if it's just in small ways. Remember that there's no one right way to be transgender, and everyone's journey is unique.

I wish you all the best with your treatment and recovery, and I hope that you'll find some solace in your favorite ways of expressing yourself. Remember that you're not alone. :)

bridget thronton
03-25-2023, 01:50 AM
I agree dressing make me a happier person - hope chemo goes well

Debs
03-25-2023, 03:01 AM
Jacques when you are better I'll pop over and take you out shopping, get well soon, Oh and lunch will be on you, lol

Jolene Robertson
03-25-2023, 04:06 AM
Prayers for a fast and full recovery.

jacques
03-25-2023, 12:17 PM
It's interesting to hear how dressing can have different effects on our mood depending on the circumstances. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through chemotherapy and experiencing depression as a side effect. It's important to remember that depression is a medical condition and there are resources available to help manage it.
:)
hello Dejalee,
thanks for your reply - Luckily I recognised it as a side effect of the chem and not "real" depression with a psychological cause. I decided to ride it out rather than add more meds to the cocktail. It is almost over now - 9 days to go and then the drugs will be out of my system.
I was unlucky enough to be on the jury for a suicide inquest - I learnt there that having no interest in your personal appearance was an indicator of depression.
stay healthy!
luv J

Kelli_cd
03-25-2023, 01:01 PM
I've noticed that overall I'm a gentler person when I'm underdressed. I'm easier going, less prone to quickly anger at something.

alwayshave
03-25-2023, 08:14 PM
jacques, I hope you are in remission in no time. I also don't dress when depressed.

jacques
03-27-2023, 03:11 PM
hello,
thank you all for your kind wishes.
Only 7 more days of chemo to go.
luv J

Natalie5004
03-27-2023, 03:56 PM
Please get better.

I get antsy when I am away from dressing too.

Melinda Jean
03-27-2023, 09:56 PM
In short, CANCER SUCKS!. I hope you have a good outcome to your treatments. As a cancer survivor myself (so far), my experience has been positive thinking that has helped immensely, even though that goes against my nature.

I will say that I have the same emotions as you have had. Dressing relieves my stress, which in turn makes me happier. Even if it is temporary.