PDA

View Full Version : Wife is having a party

Natalie5004
03-25-2023, 07:26 PM
Tonight we have about 8 women in the house.

And I am not one of them....

Darn it.

kimdl93
03-25-2023, 07:50 PM
Thats got to be maddening.

NancyJ
03-25-2023, 07:57 PM
I feel the same way when my wife has a group of women over, which she does often, actually. I do love helping her prepare, however. I put on one of my aprons, clean bathrooms, etc., and help set the table and prepare food in the kitchen with her before her guests arrive. She knows that I like helping, and she shows her appreciation later. But I do fantasize about being accepted as “one of the girls,” a fantasy I have had most all of my life!

Crissy 107
03-25-2023, 08:08 PM
Natalie, It may be time to crash the party!

Ok, are you invited to be there, in drab, and hang out with the ladies?

alwayshave
03-25-2023, 08:11 PM
Natalie, I am sure you would make a lovely addition to the group.

Natalie5004
03-25-2023, 10:00 PM
Natalie, It may be time to crash the party!

Ok, are you invited to be there, in drab, and hang out with the ladies?

Yes I am. Now they all went to the Hot Tub and I am left behind cleaning up.

I am not complaining but it sounds like that. I really love hanging with women and I do wish I could have shown them Natalie.

dejalee
03-26-2023, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling left out and disappointed about not being among the group of women in the house. It's understandable to feel that way, but it's important to remember that your worth and value as a person are not determined by your presence in a particular group or setting.
Remember that there will always be more opportunities to connect with others and be part of a group in the future. And in the meantime, know that you are still a valuable and important member of the community, even if you're not physically present with the group. It's important to prioritize our own needs and desires, even when it feels like everyone else is having fun without us.

Diane P
03-26-2023, 01:55 AM
Sorry to hear you are feeling left out. Maybe you should have a talk with your wife to see if the next time Natalie can be there.

mbmeen12
03-26-2023, 03:12 AM
It's obvious, have your own gurls night in....

Crissy 107
03-26-2023, 05:19 AM
Yes I am. Now they all went to the Hot Tub and I am left behind cleaning up.

I get what you are saying but you got to be with all those ladies! Do you think your wife may have confided in any of them about Natalie?

Jillcder
03-26-2023, 06:27 AM
How fun would it be to sit with the ladies as a lady then slip into a cute one piece and join them in the hot tub. I know Im dreaming.

GretchenM
03-26-2023, 06:58 AM
My wife and I hold two large tea parties a year, one at Christmas and one in the Spring. We both work hard at making the goodies, but that is mostly my wife that does that as she is so good at doing fantastic dishes of finger sandwiches, cheesecakes, torts and many other things.

It is mostly my wife's friends and the attendees are mostly women. I wear something that is a bit on the feminine side but no full dressing. I love talking with the women and joining for a couple of minutes small groups, but mostly I am the tea maker and the "hired help" reloading plates with goodies to keep everyone happy. I have thought of wearing a June Cleaver like apron, but can't find one.

Nevertheless, just having a house full of women and some men as well as a few children does my Gretchen side good and she enjoys it all a lot. I have always preferred associating with women for obvious reasons so it is a bit of heaven for me.

DianeT
03-26-2023, 10:54 AM
It seems many of us are Desperate (to be) Housewives (from the 50's) :)

I have thought of wearing a June Cleaver like apron, but can't find one.
It's time to add sewing to your many skills!

docrobbysherry
03-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Nope, not for me! :thumbsdn:

I find hen parties just as boring as all male, sausage fests. After the first 1/2 hour, nothing new comes into their conversations!:sad: