PDA

View Full Version : opportunity to dress, but didn't feel like it

DawnLabelle
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey all,

My car died this morning so I didn't go into the office, and being home when my neighbors aren't home gives me pure privacy and the perfect oppotunity to dress up. I did go through a couple of bins of clothing my neighbor is trying to get rid of, so I did dress for a while technically (although no wig or makeup) while I was seeing what would fit and look good, but once I was done trying things on and putting the rest back in the bins, I had no desire to stay femme'd up for the rest of the day while I worked, and its not like I get an opportunity like this often.

I have been going through rough times lately, and im not the cheeriest person in the world either, and I have been questioning the whole dressing thing alot lately, the old "why" questions.

anyway, can anyone relate?

Dawn

Casey Morgan
04-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I can relate, but in a slightly different way. I recently joined a group (not CD) and some of the members know I'm a CD. I knew one of the members dresses as often as possible. Tuesday night I found out that there's one more. These two have me really asking myself just who I am as a CD. It's a little different question than yours but it's putting me in the same place. I haven't worn any women's clothes in a week. (The questioning started a bit ago, but two full-time CDs is really letting me compare and contrast personal styles. The ladies are just different enough.)

Megan_Renee
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I know that when I'm stressed I'm more likely to be in a skirt than not. But sometimes when I'm in a great mood I can hardly wait to get home and put on a skirt. For a while I thought that it had something to do with my emotional status. Depressed / Stressed = femdom. But I realize that is something of a cop-out. I read online that some psychologists claim we're replacing our mothers care and comfort.. (WT?!)

I guess I dress to dress. I enjoy it. I like the way it feels. Sometimes there is something sexual about it, sometimes there is not. Sometimes I feel more organized dressed up, sometimes I feel like a ninny locked up inside.

there's my 2cents...

Megan

Karren H
04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah on a trip to VA in February, dressed going down, and dressed both nights and was going to dress coming home but was just too tired to even think of going through the process. Emily said that I should stop at the nearest hospital and get a checkup because I was obviously sick!! LOL

Love Karren

Julie Avery
04-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a string of events that would bring out the inner grump in anyone, and it's the inner grump getting rough with the self by asking the old "why" questions.

I love to eat oysters, and I know some people find them revolting. I've never asked myself why I like oysters.

I reckon it's quite healthy to engage in a little self-examination when bad things happen. Folks who never do that, always end up blaming others for every bad thing that happens to them, some of which they have actually brought upon themselves.

However, it's unlikely that your crossdressing caused your car to conk out :p

OK, I'm taking off my busybody Dr. Freud mask now.

I think you're fine, and you'll be fine. And yeah, I've felt that way before.

Ellie
04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't dress up every chance that I get either.

I don't doubt cross dressing as a whole just sometimes I'm just too lazy to go full femme.

Doesn't stop me from lazing about in pantyhose and experimenting with nail colors though... hehehehe.

For me dressing up is a stress reliever (like I'll need after today) and when I'm tired and feeling lazy, fully dressing up can be more trouble then it is worth (meaning I'll be too late at night by the time I'm dressed to do much).

I went all last week without dressing since I had to work a trade show but I had cute pink toe nails and some silky panties under it all.

One of the advantages to not feeling the need to have been born a female and cross dressing just for the fun of it is that I can set it aside for a while when I need too.

As for the question "Why"... if nothing else, for the fun of it. There simply doesn't have to be a "greater" reason. At least not for me. 0.02

Teresa Amina
04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I find it very different now that I live alone. Before I would grab the chance whenever it was there since it was that random opportunity. Now I often build up the desire some. Today I got some really cool stockings in the mail, but something else is on the way and I want TWO new things before I Fully dress again. But my poor hair begged this morning to be on my head, so I wore her until it was time to go to work! And last night was trash night- I wore my shorter heels to push the trash thing down the driveway- clop clop clop!:D

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
As Ms. Donna said elsewhere: "Sunspots... Phases of the moon... Bad planetary alignment... Bad Karma... Take your pick."

Myself, I find my interest goes in phases -- and yeah, there's been times when I was having a bad day and just couldn't muster up enough interest to get dressed. Nothing wrong with that...

Like Teresa, I live alone and I think that does make a big difference (or any other situation where you can dress whenever you feel like it). I think a lot of people have pent-up desire because they can't dress as much as they want -- or at least as much as they think they want to. But if you can do so when you want, you find you reach your own "natural equalibrium."

Richelle
04-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Dawn,

Do not feel that you have to dress. Just dress when you have the desire. I dress and went out last weekend for the firt time in months. Just not have the desire.

Just enjoy what you doing and if that happen's to be wearing a dress great if not great.

Richelle

Ms. Donna
04-14-2006, 03:32 PM
As Ms. Donna said elsewhere: "Sunspots... Phases of the moon... Bad planetary alignment... Bad Karma... Take your pick."

:yt: What Marlena said... :D

Love & Stuff,
Donna

DawnLabelle
04-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I guess im stressing out over nothing then. I'm still in the mindset that this causes alot of problems in my life, so if I'm in a situation where I could dress all day, yet I don't want to, I start to question why should I even bother, why don't I just purge it all and put it behind me so I can get back to a "normal" life.

yeah yeah I know, there is no such thing as a normal life, if I purge I'll be back to it one day, and its not the dressing that is the problem but its how I see it, and the guilt I feel over it. My logical side knows these things, but damned if I can't get it through to my actual id / subconcious / psyche / whatever :).

Thanks for the input ladies
Dawn

mellisa45
04-15-2006, 03:05 PM
well i dont really know where to start, i have a job on a boat in the north sea. so for the last year on my time off which is six weeks i have had no inclination to dress in those six weeks off. I could put it down to my wife making catty remarks, and me being defiant not to dress which is killing me. I get very unhappy inside, i desperatly want to but, all i do is end up wearing panties, which i wash myself secretly. should i say damm it and just go ahead and dress, which i think would cause my wife's displeasure, or stay unhappy and abide by her rules. mellisa

Julie York
04-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I reckon it's quite healthy to engage in a little self-examination when bad things happen. Folks who never do that, always end up blaming others for every bad thing that happens to them, some of which they have actually brought upon themselves.

Well put! That's how people learn. The trouble comes when you are given a problem with no answer......"Why do I want to crossdress?"

It's right up there with one hand clapping.

And yes Dawn..I think most of us can relate to that.

annekathleen
04-15-2006, 03:37 PM
I guess we have our moods!
Sometimes I cant wait to get fully dressed, including wigs, breast inserts, stockings and high heels.
Sometimes Its just a pair of panties under my jeans as I head out for work.
I usually wear panties 24/7, but there have been times ( like right now ) that I reached into my "male" underwear drawer and put on a pair of BVD's.

Tina Dixon
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I been there, in fact I just posted a thread along the same matter days ago, when my wife found out I just lost interest for a while, just the other day I through on my stuff, but I think my main problem is I need more now than just getting dressed at home.

stephanie100
04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Could be Dawn you are ready for the next step out of the house dressed
steph

sportschick
04-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I am a very occasional crossdresser, though I've got the whole thing going when I do it, about once a year. I've gone through times where the desire's strong for a month or two then zero for many months or even years. In my case that's a plus, as I'd like to be free of it, but most indications are that's unlikely. Anyway, it doesn't seem like a problem to me if you don't want to...unless it causes you some problem or other.

DawnLabelle
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Could be Dawn you are ready for the next step out of the house dressed
steph

This does cross my mind alot, often when dressing pops on the brain, I get the urge to femme up, go to an outdoor cafe and read. I know you'll all just say do it, but right now theres no way I'd put myself that far out in the open. I do want to go out to a t-club, or tranny friendly place (where there are others!) but this is something that I'd want some accompaniment for, and I'm actively looking for sisters in my area. But I digress, when I get the thoughts of dressing, because I wouldn't want to go out alone, I just say oh well, why bother then. I kinda wish I had some girls I could call up and head out for a night like that.

my I ramble ;)
Dawn

KathrynW
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I have been going through rough times lately, and im not the cheeriest person in the world either, and I have been questioning the whole dressing thing alot lately, the old "why" questions.
anyway, can anyone relate?
Can I relate? Major big time Yes, I can relate...
Do I have the answer? No, sorry I don't....
If you figure it out, get back to me, ok?

I start to question why should I even bother, why don't I just purge it all and put it behind me so I can get back to a "normal" life.
yeah yeah I know, there is no such thing as a normal life, if I purge I'll be back to it one day, and its not the dressing that is the problem but its how I see it, and the guilt I feel over it. My logical side knows these things, but damned if I can't get it through to my actual id / subconcious / psyche / whatever
whew...I think you've been reading my mail...or my mind...what little is left anyway...
I can't really remember the last time I had the burning urge to cd. But, I know better than to purge again. Been there - done that - doesn't work.
Bottom line is this, Dawn... You're not the only one dealing with these feelings.
If that helps any...

stephanie100
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
There must be a place in Montreal a club or TG support group, I know that Taronto has loads but not sure of Montreal. I did live for 12 yrs in Onterio but a long time ago.
Steph

Nlenro-nu2
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes I'm Nlenro-nu.2.. I can understand ( prefer that word to relate). I often go through my female clothes and think why should I bother if I can't do it all the time? Sometimes I wear female things regardless whose around and other times.. You would never guess me to be a crossdresser! The why's for me are: I see no benefit in being a male. Males are put down regardless what they do. Males are never moucho enough.. yet they are suppose to be sensitive too! How can that be? Males clothing is the pits none of it ever fits right! I find it pure hell being a Male! My only escape is
crossdressing. I don't have the money to get a Gender Change but I don't know if I really want that! I sure don't want a male for a mate cause I don't like being one so I don't think I'd like a male for a mate would I?

DawnLabelle
04-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Bottom line is this, Dawn... You're not the only one dealing with these feelings. [/FONT]
If that helps any...

Lol, well in a way, yeah it does help to know im not the only one out there with these messed up feelings. Thanks, and thanks to all who posted their thoughts and opinions.

Hugs
Dawn

RenaCD
04-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey Dawn you have been reading my mind too! You could cut my stress level with a knife lately and usually when I'm stressed its Dressing that pulls me out.
But this time is different, I have the opportunity but its just not there, the Mood. One thing I know is the work I'm doing at this time,I wouldn't wish on anyone,man woman or beast I love my work but this one is the pits Literally.
And that whole thing just adds to the Stress level what a circle.
Bottom line your not alone Sis!
Big Hugs Rena0.02