PDA

View Full Version : A humorous moment

Angela Marie
03-29-2023, 06:03 AM
My wife and I were talking last night about the high cost of weddings. We started talking about the wedding announcements in the NY Times years ago. The society page lol. Quite frequently in the announcement they referenced the brides "coming out" festivities. My wife and I grew up in similar middle class circumstances so I obviously knew she did not have such an experience. Being the wise ass that I am I looked at her and said "where was your coming out party"? Without missing a beat she said "I'd rather know where yours was" We had a good laugh. Life can be tough but the humorous moments do help take the edge off.

alwayshave
03-29-2023, 06:07 AM
Angela, Too funny!

Di
03-29-2023, 06:38 AM
How fun!
I love reading light hearted teasing about the cross dressing between couples . Reminds me of our back and forths we would have . Your wife sounds delightful.

bridget thronton
03-29-2023, 08:24 AM
That was a very clever reply

Sandi Beech
03-29-2023, 08:37 AM
Ha, yes that is kind of funny.

Sandi

Robbiegirl
03-29-2023, 09:05 AM
Humor is always the Best !
My wife would occasionaly remind me while we were dating that I had told her and her sisters how brave and daring a guy I was !

Then the first time i surprised her by putting on her Maidenform Bra and panty set she rolled her eyes and Said with a giggle " Is putting on my lacy underwear your idea of Brave and daring " ? " Well I can't wait to see my sisters reaction when I tell them about this " LOL

Crissy 107
03-29-2023, 09:44 AM
A great story! Thanks

NancySue
03-29-2023, 09:46 AM
I love those humorous moments. My wife will occasionally come up with funny one liners. When dressed, which is often, she will say something to the effect that I can?t wait to put on, what she can?t wait to take off like underwire bras, hose, heels, shapers, etc. Humor is good.

Cheryl T
03-29-2023, 10:10 AM
It's great you and your wife have those moments to share.
I am blessed to have a supportive spouse and she and I have times like that as well. They are special moments.

docrobbysherry
03-29-2023, 10:14 AM
Cute story, Angela!:)

But, I believe you're confused about those old "coming out" parties. They were debutant balls for young women just entering society, not brides!:heehee:

BrendaPDX
03-31-2023, 03:27 PM
Too funny, thanks for the smiles.

Geena75
04-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Nice comeback! I remember when the phrase in a wedding announcement was that they were 'setting up housekeeping.' I suppose when a first-timer comes to a group meeting we could call it their "coming out party."

Diane P
04-02-2023, 05:37 PM
Well Geena then my 'coming out party' was the Girls Night Out in OKC Mar 11th. Angela that is a reaaly cute story between you and your wife. Glad to hear you have such a supportive SO.