PDA

View Full Version : If mother knows, is she supportive?

heathr1
04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
???

cutieamy06
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
i love my mom sooo much. She is 110% supportive!

heathr1
04-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I asked because mine found a skirt belonging to me in my room and sympathetically asked me about it, promising to tell no none.

I told her it was a friend's although she knew I was lying and no more was ever said.

Not sure she'd have been too pleased had I owned up to wearing her things though.

Caroline Simmons
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah my mum was supportive (passed away 3 years ago ) but she used to embarrass me buy asking if she could borrow a pair of tights whilst other members of the family were about. Mums can be reall cool about having another daughter about the place...... can se her smiling in the picture above my PC as i type this

Caroline xx

livy_m_b
04-13-2006, 05:10 PM
It's all lost in the dim mists of time. My mother always wanted a girl and I was the first child of her second marriage and I think her hopes were higher. My twin died young and I imagine I was cared for perhaps too carefully. My hair was allowed to grow long and since it was curly, my appearance was pretty girly. When young I wanted to spend my time with my mother, doing the kinds of things she did, sewing, embroidery, cooking, cleaning, talking. Was I different or did she know or accept - it was the 50's probably none of the above applies, but it was a special relationship.

Lisa Marie
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
my mom wanted a girl also. But she wouldnt approve of me dressing up like a girl for any reasons.

DonnaT
04-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Yes, and she's given me clothes and jewelry.

ReginaK
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
my mom wanted a girl also. But she wouldnt approve of me dressing up like a girl for any reasons.

Same here. My mom wanted a girl as well and I doubt she'd approve of my crossdressing.

size7satin
04-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Mom know but we never talked about it.

Stacie Stockman
04-13-2006, 08:30 PM
My mother used the knowledge I was different as part of her never ending campaign of embarassment against me.

Ann lee
04-13-2006, 10:19 PM
i think my mom would of suported me, but she passed away 15 yrs in june, but we were so close.

lela
04-14-2006, 01:52 PM
My mother passed away when I was very young. I think she knew of my desires because she knew that I used to sneak her lipstick and nail polish from her vanity all of the time. If she were here today I know that she would be very supportive. My moms aunt, my great aunt knew and she loved it. She was always giving me jewelry and nighties.

Ellie
04-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Mine doesn't know and since she is going on 80yo I'm not going to be the one that gives her any heart-stopping news. Although, I would like to think that she would be supportive if she knew.

Toni Shelton
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
My mom wanted and thought I was a girl before I was born as well, She told me once, she had a girls name for me. We lost her to cancer about 20 years ago, I don't know if she'd approve of my crossdressing. But she did teach me to sew, cook, clean, She'd tell me someday you will be glad you know these things and you will thank me. Maybe she knew deep down who I was,, Deep down.....?????? I use her maiden name on here as a kind of rememberance to her.

Petrina CD
04-14-2006, 03:56 PM
My mom and dad wanted a girl. I have vivid memories of my dad telling people I should have been a girl. My mom let my hair grow real long when I was a toddler and I have seen pics of me with what looks like my hair in a bun or somthing. I looked just like a girl. I also have memories of nail polish beeing put on my nails. I guess the die was cast at that point .

Petrina cd

linnea
04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
My mom told me several times that she had wanted a girl; I was her second child. She had me wear girl's panties from a very young age through elementary school, but she kept my hair short in a boy's style and she never dressed me like a girl except to try on dresses a couple of times in department store dressing room where she was also trying on clothes.
She died about ten years ago, and now I wish that I had told her. She caught me trying on one of her girdles once, but she never said anything about it. I think that she would have been supportive.

Siobhan Marie
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Both Mum and Dad know, but we don't talk about it which is fine by me.

Hugs Anna x

Maria-Christina
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
My mum and I were always best mates until she died in 2003. This was before Maria and I was well in the closet with no clothes of my own and wearing her's at every opportunity. She caught me a few times but seemed more angry that they were her clothes rather than the fact I was dressing. I managed to talk my way out of it but she said if I wanted clothes buy my own and keep it all in my bedroom and she would never step foot in there again. Would she support me/is she supporting me now from above? Hmm, that's a hard one. I would like to think so but somehow I doubt it.

Maria

gender_blender
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
My mother knows and she's coming around to the idea that I am who I am and that it doesn't get in the way of my successes, but rather enhances my life with uniqueness.

~Charlie

urban gypsy
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Having 3 older brothers and only one older sister my mum always wanted another girl, so when young I was dressed fairly girlie.
But when I came out to her and my mother in law in one afternoon shopping trip they have been very supportive and all of us including Ann marie have been out while I'm Emelda.

Karren H
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Though she never caught me borrowing her things while growing up I think she knew but never said anything.

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
My grandmother was always telling me I should have been a girl. I was, she just didn't know it. She always took my part. I wonder what Grammie would think if she could see me now? Ericka

joanlynn28
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, my mother is supportive of me, told me what I do in private is my own business, but she also told me not to ever come over to my parents house dressed up. Mixed signals here don't you say.

michelle19845
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
i've had lots of close calls on being caught,but mom don't know.i think step mom and dad know ,just i haven't talked to them since they may have found out.i don't think they'd have taken it well if i was still there.

Clare
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
I never told my Mum, but i'm sure she either knew or suspected!

When I was young kid, I thought I was careful, but in hindsight I guess I left too many clues. Once she walked into my room when I putting on pantyhose and I ran out saying I had to visit the bathroom urgently. Another time I was trying on her eyeshadow in the bathroom when she again walked in. The examples go on...

I guess as an adult, I should have told her about my crossdressing desires, but was never able to bring up the topic. She passed away 5 years ago and even today I wish I had told her. My hope is she would have understood, if not accepted, but I'll never know now.

Anima-87-388
05-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I love my mom, she is really supportive. She takes me shopping all the time too :)

russian_queen
05-04-2006, 01:52 AM
You know, our mothers really feel what we are. It is never a surprise for them, when you break the news to them or they find it out by themselves. And i think the most usual CD's mother's reaction is (either spoken aloud or to themselvew) "Well, so I thought". I didn't tell mine, but once i fell asleep after having too much beer and having forgotten to take my pantyhose off... And when she woke me up, she did say something about the PH, like, they are nice or something. But that was that! No surprise or panic!

Toni
05-04-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm amazed at just how many of you girls think your mothers would be positive about your crossdressing or indeed actively helping you to crossdress. Mine died in 2000 and she always thought of me as "That filthy little b*****d". I would have loved her to have been supportive but alas it was never to be.

RachelDenise
05-04-2006, 04:50 AM
My Mom knew about my dressing as she found my stash when I was 13. She left me a note to get rid of my stuff (I didn't, just hid it better) and though she knows, we have never talked about it over the years. There have been several times in the last few months that I have almost broached the subject with her, but I haven't quite had enough courage.

KarenNY
05-05-2006, 11:12 PM
My mother knew and was very supportive through my teen years, then I purged and I don't know if she thinks I still dress or not...

Lenore
05-06-2006, 08:43 AM
My Mother did noy understand, How she find out was went in 1983 I put down my feelings about crossdressing in a notbook in a form of a letter to her about my crossdressing, I did not want her to read it but she find it and read it and wake me up, she wanted me do what the norm was and not crossdress, and she want me to go in to the National Guard to make me a man, I did not pass the test to get in so I did not go.

Nastasha
05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Yes, mine knows. One of her friends saw me buying panties one time, I tired to play it off like it was for a gf, but I didn't have one at the time. She snooped, found my stuff, and we had a little talk about it. She didn't want anyone to know so she offered to buy me things now n then if I wanted her too.

She doesn't really "APPROVE", but knows its part of who I am. We don't talk about it now, don't think we ever will again. I'm ok with that.

saturnion
05-07-2006, 03:01 AM
My mother caught me wearing her pantyhose. She never approved and sent me to physcoligist to no avail. She just learned to accept it. Now she has pasted.

Delila
05-07-2006, 04:57 AM
I am really glad that so many people have supporting mothers, it shows hope for the general public. My mom knows that i dress but pretends to the fullest extent possible, she conducted regular raids of my room as a child and took and threw away anything that i did not hide well and even some of the things that i did if I came out to her now she would probably have a heart attack.

Tiffy
05-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes my mom knows. She is ok with it and has given my clothes and things. She thinks I should join a local group.

April Marie

chantelle
05-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Who here,would not have a supportive mum.It is a advantage to have a cd for a son.She can understand more than a dad.My mom said she knew al this time.