PDA

View Full Version : Old Lady

Mermaiden
04-25-2023, 06:11 AM
The other night I was wearing just a simple tee shirt dress while making dinner for my wife and me. Nothing fancy but comfortable. Afterwards I had to go out to our barn to take care of some th it?s but it was cold so I put a winter jacket over it. In retrospect , a frumpy look. My wife looked at me and laughed and said ?you look like an old lady?. I supposed I did and responded ?that?s not what I was going for, but I guess that?s ultimately the goal?. Kind of funny, thought I?d share.

Connie D50
04-25-2023, 06:17 AM
Cute story thanks for sharing.

Stephanie47
04-25-2023, 09:22 AM
You're fortunate to have a wife that you can be femme around even if it is a "frumpy" look. If one thinks about it women do not dress to the nines all the time. It rarely gets very cold in my area, so the heat is off at night. I turn the heat up to get rid of the chill in the morning. If my wife happens to get up early which is a rare occurrence, she'll roam around the house in PJ bottoms, graphic t-shirt and hooded sweat shirt. We're in our seventies and look like it.

Aunt Kelly
04-25-2023, 09:35 AM
If the shoe fits... :)

Crissy 107
04-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Not a bad comment at all, just an honest observation which is more then ok

Cheryl T
04-25-2023, 10:25 AM
Comfy doesn't have to mean Old.

kimdl93
04-25-2023, 11:40 AM
At this stage in my life, I had better be satisfied with looking like an old lady, frumpy or otherwise.

ShawnaL
04-25-2023, 04:42 PM
I'm in my 60's...and just happy to be a "60's woman!

docrobbysherry
04-25-2023, 08:24 PM
Thanks for reminding me, Mermaiden! Why I either dress all the way or not at all.:heehee:

After the kinky thrill of wearing just nylons, and/or girdles, and/or forms wore off, I didn't like the way I looked part way dressed!:thumbsdn:

That's when I quit just throwing women's things on. If I can't look like an attractive woman? I mite as well be a comfortably dressed man! And, he can look as sloppy as he likes without me caring!:tongueout

Vikky
04-26-2023, 02:52 AM
I am in my mid 70s and guess I look that way in male or female clothes.
Vikky.

Jolene Robertson
04-26-2023, 04:16 AM
Good that the two of you can have some fun with it, priceless. I often sleep in a tee shirt dress and sitting around in the evening watching TV with it on, very comfy.

Krisi
04-26-2023, 06:05 AM
While it is not uncommon for younger folks to make fun of older folks, the older we get, the more we value being "old". Many don't get the privilege of being old.

That said, when I dress as a "lady", I can't help looking like an "old lady". That's because I am old.

nancy58
04-26-2023, 11:33 PM
I love it! Yes, I like looking nice when I go out, but after it dawned on me that women don't feel beautiful all the time, pulling on a pair of sweats and a T-shirt and skipping the makeup sort of fills the need to achieve realism, too.

ShawnaL
04-27-2023, 05:51 AM
One of the (many) pleasant aspects I have discovered in my transition as an older woman is just being a EVERYDAY woman. Many days, especially on weekends, it is just jeans and a t-shirt or sweats. A little mascara and lipstick, and I am out the door!

BLUE ORCHID
04-29-2023, 07:54 PM
Well You are getting to that Age Quickly,