PDA

View Full Version : Envious

Jillcder
05-25-2023, 01:52 PM
Yesterday as I was getting in line to checkout at a big box home improvement store a lady wearing a short sundress with heeled sandals was in front of me she had all the right accessories polished toe nails beautiful long hair she looked fantastic. I immediately noticed from behind her smooth legs were muscular and being a crossdresser myself I just knew she was one of us. I was totally envious and politely said excuse me but I just have to tell you I love your outfit she smiled and thanked me for the compliment after she finished checking out she thanked me again and was on her way. I know some do not agree with making contact but I always enjoy the compliments myself. Also I hope she is part of this forum and reads this she represents us well!

CrossKimmy
05-25-2023, 02:05 PM
I always wondered how many of us handle compliments and handle being complimented in public. There are many times where I?ll notice a woman?s nails or shoes or something and would love to say how much I love them and ask there they got them etc without looking odd or creepy.

Fiona_44
05-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Jill - I know some will disagree but I would love the opportunity to pay a compliment to and have a chat with a sister CD. Of course it all depends on where you are and what the situation is. Some locations and situations are not appropriate for doing it. And like you I enjoy compliments.

Kimmy - I've complimented woman on various things like their hair, their sense of style, dresses, shoes and it has always gone well. I even told one woman that she could have been Jill Biden's twin sister, the resemblance was remarkable. And then I said "And Jill Biden is beautiful". She loved it and put her hand on my arm and said thank you. I love mingling with GG woman, a large percentage of them are much more open to the trans lifestyle versus men who are much less open to it.

docrobbysherry
05-25-2023, 07:57 PM
I don't go out to vanilla venues dressed because that's pointless for me.:thumbsdn:

But, I have seen what appeared to be other dressers when out. I don't approach them because I don't know what to say?:eek:

"Your dress is pretty." They'll think the old man is coming on to them!:doh:

"U look good. I dress, too." A female would be intitled to rip my head off!:devil:

I don't dress to these vanilla venues because I just want to be left alone. Not be center of attention. So, I assume other dressers feel the same?:battingeyelashes:

Maria 60
05-25-2023, 08:23 PM
I believe it was a great way to communicate with a compliment. A few years back I was in line at a coffee shop and I also was admiring the women in front of me and eventually I started to see more details. Musclure legs and a flat rear and she turned around and I realized it was a sister. I wanted so bad to shout out something to her to applaud her courage but I just didn't know what to say and once she left I felt this feeling of disappointment that I didn't say something like a compliment. And then again maybe it was better I just said nothing but it seems like the sister you seen appreciated the compliment

Crissy 107
05-25-2023, 08:37 PM
I think what you said was fine. Who here would not like a compliment when out and about.

TAG
05-25-2023, 08:55 PM
I think you did it the proper way and she took it the way it was meant.
When I first started going out dressed I got several complements, but they were from GGs.
But that was in 2008 so 15 years ago.

SaraLin
05-26-2023, 05:47 AM
I agree with Tag.

While it seems to me that the LAST thing she would want it to be talked to in a way that says "I know your secret and you didn't pass,"
I can imagine that she would absolutely love to be complimented as a lady who's looking nice.

At least I know I would.

kimdl93
05-26-2023, 05:52 AM
You offered a polite compliment and she received it graciously. All is good.

alwayshave
05-26-2023, 06:45 AM
I don't have a problem with compliments per se. I wouldn't give them to someone who I did not know.

GretchenM
05-26-2023, 07:01 AM
Nothing wrong with giving complements to someone unless there is an agenda attached. However, a lot of people are not accustomed to that happening because it is pretty uncommon. It should not be uncommon as positive interchange makes social connections stronger, something this world needs a lot more of. Perhaps she was trans in which case it can be even more appreciated. A sign of strong empathy in yourself which is a primary trait and characteristic of female-like behavior and thinking on your part. A step toward universal acceptance of diversity.

Stephanie47
05-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Could be she was trans or a cross dresser or a GG with muscular legs from cycling. Either way I think she would have be appreciative of a genuine compliment. One does not get all beautiful, especially going to a big box hardware store, not to be noticed. The other day I had about an hour to kill waiting for a prescription to be filled at my local Costco. I bought a slice of pizza and sat at a table just outside the exit of the store. One, just one woman was wearing a sun dress. Disappointment.

BLUE ORCHID
05-29-2023, 08:00 PM
I think that you just made the Lady's Day,

TheHiddenMe
05-29-2023, 10:16 PM
I always wondered how many of us handle compliments and handle being complimented in public. There are many times where I?ll notice a woman?s nails or shoes or something and would love to say how much I love them and ask there they got them etc without looking odd or creepy.

In late March I flew pretty to Raleigh/Durham and I got two compliments on my booties, two on my patterned tights, and while waiting for my friends to pick me up at the curd, a lady walked up to me and said "you look very nice." The next day the receptionist at our lunch restaurant said she liked my dress. I am quick to say "thank you" and let them know I heard and appreciated the compliment.

Yes, my voice doesn't match my clothing, but my assumption is they knew I was trans to begin with

Jillcder
05-30-2023, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the comments girls. To be clear I was confident she was a crossdresser or trans. I made sure to compliment and back off I did not want to give off a creep vibe but I just could not resist contact since she was wearing my favorite outfit.

mbmeen12
05-31-2023, 02:34 AM
Now you added more context, she (CD/Trans) enjoyed the compliment. Now if a GG, I'd be like, boarder line, out of line.

Heather76
05-31-2023, 07:55 PM
The only times I've offered a compliment to a person I don't know is when I've mentioned to a couple sales associates (at different times) that I really liked their fingernail polish. In today's litigious society, I prefer not to be sued for being a sexual pervert. And trust me, complimenting a woman (X or Y chromosome variety) on her clothing can be seen as a sexual advance. If you're still in the workforce, I believe your HR department will confirm this.

Sometimes Steffi
06-01-2023, 09:16 AM
I regularly complement GGs, but I'm careful to make it about something they've done and not something they are. I've told a lot of GGs that I loved their jewelry, their nail polish, their makeup, their lipstick, the colors of their dress, their shoes, etc. I've always gotten a very favorable response, typically, something like, "Thank you." I've often (where appropriate) asked them where they got it, as If I wanted to get it for my wife.

I gave a complement to the receptionist at my doctor's office just yesterday. She had done her eyes with very long "wings". I told her "I loved the way she did her eyes". She thanked me.

Another time, I complemented a GG on the subway about her braids. I said something like I really love your braids. She thanked me. Then she said, "You made my morning. If fact, you made my whole day." We parted with smiles.

Another time, a waitress at a bar had the most unusual nails. I told her that I loved her nails. I asked her where she got them done. She said, "I did them myself. It got too expensive to keep getting them done so I learned how to do it myself. I said that she should make a you-tube video about how she did it.

Another time. I was going up in the elevator with a GG whose perfume made me go weak in the knees. I told her that I loved her perfume. She told me what is was and who made it. She practically spelled it out because it was Japanese perfume. Eventually, I got a small bottle for myself.

I have many other examples.