PDA

View Full Version : The summer drought of dressing

Misty_cder
06-09-2023, 01:06 AM
This week is my kids last week of school. The summer drought of dressing is upon me. I look forward to reading everyone?s post about their adventures over next few months.

Emily in the south
06-09-2023, 05:21 AM
It will go by fast for you Misty.
I will post about my three day road trip in Oklahoma when I return Tuesday. Leaving later this am.

Emily

Di
06-09-2023, 05:21 AM
Misty
Does it help to window shop online?
Plan later outings ?
Underdress?
Or is it better for you to just stop for the summer?
I heard people do both and was wondering what worked for you.
Enjoy the kiddos they grow up so fast.
Have a great summer.

Sandi Beech
06-09-2023, 05:57 AM
My drought started in March so I know the feeling. Once the kids get to high school age, you just have to blink and then they are grown and you have an empty nest, so enjoy the kids while you can.

I mostly work on various projects around the house to help keep my mind off CD when I have no chance to dress up and go out.

Hang in there.

Sandi

audreyinalbany
06-09-2023, 09:28 AM
It's tough to 'thread the needle' between our desires to dress and our families. It's easy to fall into the trap of resenting them being around and forgetting to treasure the time together.

bridget thronton
06-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Shopping online or in person helps me get through the drought

Cheryl T
06-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Perhaps this part of your life will take a hiatus.
Look at the bright spot. You will have time with your family. We sometimes overlook what a blessing that is until it's gone.

ClairFlair
06-09-2023, 11:35 AM
It's a tough time of year. Summer fashion is the bet. Light and airy. But, terrible time of year for wig sweat, so not a total loss. Reset and work on my tan.

WandaRae2009
06-09-2023, 11:41 AM
I feel your pain. My wife works for the schools, and I only have a week left before she is home every day. Dressing will then be rare rather than almost every day since I work from home. I can't wait until school starts again. LOL

audreyinalbany
06-09-2023, 12:44 PM
this is probably the single thing I hate most about crossdressing...I spend too much time hoping my loved ones will "stay out a little longer" or "go out shopping' or "go see a movie." What I really want to do is treasure the time together, but part of me gets frustrated with having my own desires thwarted.

Diane P
06-09-2023, 01:38 PM
hang in there Misty. Like Emily I'll post about this weekend, probably on Sun.

Misty_cder
06-09-2023, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. Here are some responses to questions:
- Window shopping, both online and in person, helps maintain that pink fog we all talk about.
- I underdress all the time now, and during these summer dressing droughts, I find myself paying more attention to matching what I’m wearing under my male clothing.
- Given the ages of my kids, my wife and I only have a few years left with them before we become empty nesters. That is both exciting and sad at the same time. Excited about my wife’s and my next chapter of life, but also sad our kids are growing up. It is the “facts of life” as some would say.

Jane G
06-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Don't be sad about becoming empty nesters. It never actually happens.:heehee:

Michala
06-12-2023, 12:05 PM
My wife and I have been empty nesters for more than 20 years. Not completely empty as our children then had our grandchildren. Soon they will also make their parent's empty nesters. 2 are already on their own, one in college, another in college in a year and then the last gone off to do whatever they choose to do in 4 years. Now it's a treasure when they have time to come and visit or we go there. Never can dress when any of them are involved. In fact since my wife is not also retired my dressing is very rare at this point.

Not all bad as I would rather spend time with any of them than dress at this point.

Stephanie47
06-14-2023, 03:40 PM
Misty, been there, done that. Heck, that was before we had a computer, so there was not even any chance to read this site or others or peruse the internet for pretty clothes. Can you ship the kids off to grandparents for a day?

luuv2dress
06-15-2023, 08:51 AM
I too am in the beginning stages of the summer drought ughhhhhhh. I personally wear panties to hold me over along with window shopping online and time to time use bath & body shower gels as well.

Sara Ann
06-15-2023, 05:22 PM
My ex is gone and so are our kids, and so I've been doing a LOT of dressing en femme while going out and about town lately. But I have a fairly unique summer problem now.

My pain-in-the-butt next door neighbor sits on her front porch for literally hours on end everyday, chainsmoking and playing on her phone. She has an completely unobstructed view of my front door and my portion of the driveway. To avoid those inevitable questions about the mystery woman who gets into my truck and then drives away when I'm not around, I've usually gone out when she's at work, or only between an hour after sunset to an hour before sunrise.

Problem is that the spring/summer sun sets well after 10 pm right now and sunrise is before 4 am with a fairly bright twilight in between in my part of the state. That kind of restricts when I can leave the house dressed up.

On the other hand, a few friends already know about me starting out in amateur drag. And, I'm at that point in my life that I really give zero effs about what others think about me.

EmilyShy
06-17-2023, 01:03 PM
Wow. I thought I was alone in this Summer Dressing avoidance. I don't get chance to dress much at the best of times but summer is very difficult. Not even had chance to read in here either lol

sometimes_miss
06-19-2023, 09:58 AM
In the warm weather months, I frequently wear a woman's bathing suit, with an appropriate cover-up around the house. Currently working on an above ground pool of sorts, so I can take a midnight dip during the summer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRjPXSzG-X0

Natalie5004
06-19-2023, 11:07 AM
Being an empty nester for years... I can see a problem in about 3 - 4 years from now when my wife retires.

She has spent time with me dressed but she really does not think I dress 3 to 4 times a week all day.

As a bonus for fathers Day here in the US I spent about 8 hours dressed in 3 different outfits this Sunday. The only comment was, "What are you doing? Giving me a fashion show??

I almost talked her into us going out for Ice Cream in the later part of the day, I told her that she can drive. She decided she did not need ice cream after all. That would have been the 2nd time we have been out together with me dressed.

Jade P
06-21-2023, 06:07 AM
Dont like the summer heat. Makes wearing womens hosiery under pants a little too warm. I am closeted and underdress only in public.

alwayshave
06-21-2023, 06:32 AM
Misty, I feel your pain. Perhaps you'll get a weekend to yourself.

Maria 60
06-23-2023, 01:19 PM
The worst part is everywhere we go we see the women wearing those adorable summer dresses that makes it even harder

Nicci
07-25-2023, 11:16 PM
I actually have plenty of time to dress. Unfortunately during the summer at my job I stay so busy I'm usually too tired to do anything but tuck in a nice pair of panties in otherwise boy mode

jjjjohanne
07-30-2023, 02:12 PM
Wow! Misty is that really you in your Avatar? You're beautiful!

Georgia Rose
08-04-2023, 07:01 AM
I live in southern Australia where we have daylight saving for 6 months of the year. It is not possible for me to dress in the summer months without coming out. I know this would not work in the retirement community I live in. My dressing period is for 6 months and is interrupted by all sorts of events. My wife is ok with me dressing and in fact bought me 3 dresses this year. Mind you, she continually requests my opinions on fashions, colours etc in regard to her own wardrobe. I aim to dress 3 evenings a week but some weeks it works out to be 1 and others 4 or more. Frustrating, yes, but makes for an easier life.

Misty_cder
08-05-2023, 11:54 PM
Wow! Misty is that really you in your Avatar? You're beautiful!

Johanne, my avatar photo was taken when I had a chance to take my time learning how to do my make up. It took me about two hours to produce that result. For a long time, I felt my make up skills were lacking and I have started reading more on how to properly apply it. I am looking forward to the start of the school year in a few weeks to not only dress again, but start applying make up to help complete my look. On a different note, I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time. I commend you on having the courage to openly dress in public.

Deborah G
08-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Misty, The time goes fast; we are ready to start school for the fall again.! I still find time to be Deborah, no matter the time allotted. Enjoy your family time, but also your Misty time.! Deborah

Bri
08-07-2023, 12:21 AM
I actually don't have kids at home anymore but the Grandsons are here until school starts. But my summer drought is because it's so dam hot. We keep the house at 78, which feels cool when it's 100 degrees outside and dewpoint 78. However 78 is still hot when you put on your bra and shape wear and stockings. So I tend to not dress much in the summer because of that. It has also given me a true appreciation of what GG's go through in hot weather to try and look good. Or what they may think looks good. I tell my wife to just be comfortable and that's what she does. I understand completely.

Karren H
08-07-2023, 06:08 AM
My parents shipped me and my brother off to summer camps for a few weeks to a month. To different ones, on the other side of the state (Texas). Probably all full up this year but something to keep in mind in the future?

jjjjohanne
08-14-2023, 07:56 AM
Misty, you follow my blog? Yay! Thank you!
I started that thing so that I would have a place that I control where I could record my experiences. I used to tell all of my stories here. But, I thought that if this site went away, I would lose it all. So I started my blog. Originally, I did it only for myself. I don't have a big following. I do not promote my blog. But it makes me happy that someone out there is listening!

Joey

1Ladyjade
08-19-2023, 06:30 PM
For me the drought has been from the heat. After work I am free to dress. But when the temps are triple digits. The idea of coming home taking a shower dressing up and then taking another shower before the wife gets home is too much. I enjoyed my day today while she was at work. I was really needing my Jade time.

BrendaPDX
08-19-2023, 09:25 PM
I feel for you, but I am in the same boat, I haven't dressed in over half a year. Hope others will take pity on us.

ambigendrous
08-20-2023, 10:13 AM
Summer is the perfect time for sundresses! I have 4 that are made from a very light material - they weigh almost nothing! With spaghetti straps they are perfect for those days when it's approaching 100 degrees outside. Of course it helps that my wife doesn't mind me being "comfortable" around the house!

Misty_cder
08-20-2023, 05:52 PM
The end to my summer drought of dressing will soon be over, my kids finally starting school. Fridays are my typical day to dress because I work from home on that day. Except for a doctor appointment in the morning, the day is clear of meetings. I already pick out my outfit, a simple blouse and jeans. Depending on how long the doctor takes, I might attempt a quick makeup application. Looking forward to getting back into the pink fog.

Shannon Lace
08-24-2023, 04:51 PM
Hello Misty. My wife is a teacher and is off for the summers and I work from home. She doesn?t know about my crossdressing so that?s why I look forward to school starting. Earlier this spring she was away at a convention for 4 days so I took advantage of that. My hair is very long so I treated myself by going to a salon and having my hair cut and styled in an elegant style so I would look better when dressed. Stylist is a friend of mine and keeps my secret. What a wonderful 4 days to be free. Yay for school!!!

CDMargret
08-24-2023, 05:14 PM
Hooray for kids back in school. I SO know your situation. Luckily my kids have grown and moved out. That pink fog you speak of, it never lifts at my place. Enjoy your Fridays.

Freddi
08-25-2023, 01:37 PM
Sadly my drought of dressing is just about to begin and will last a while longer than a few weeks.....hopefully in a way.....as my widowed father is having to move in with us as its becoming clearer he's struggling at home on his own. So needs must and my dressing will be confined to the bedroom occasionally.

Cheshire girl
08-25-2023, 03:55 PM
For me summer is a lovely time to dress in my most feminine clothes. Nothing nicer than stepping out in a maxi dress and wedge sandals!

Misty_cder
08-27-2023, 12:55 AM
Well……my Friday didn’t go as planned. When I came out of the doctors, I was greeted to a flat tire. I picked up a nail while driving to the appointment. Since I was in male mode, I got the jack out and changed out the tire, and dropped it off at the mechanics as I headed home. Did a quick check of my work emails and discovered I was roped into helping one of our project teams with an urgent issue and had to be on camera for a call. There went wearing the blouse. At least I got to wear a nice skirt for the call. My next few Fridays are booked full of meetings that require me to be on camera unfortunately, but I have a great opportunity scheduled in a few weeks. I’m going to get a professional make over and finally learn how to properly do my make up. I don’t know at this time if I will venture out in public for the first time or not. Regardless of what happens, I will post about the experience.

agapoula19
08-27-2023, 04:37 PM
...and just like that, the summer is almost over! :)