PDA

View Full Version : Another small step

Heather76
06-13-2023, 10:57 AM
For years when one of us leaves the house for any reason, my wife and I always kiss good-bye. Equally important is we always kiss each other good morning. When I initiate the kiss, I usually will say, "I'd like a kiss from my favorite miss." This morning after showering and dressing, I went to the kitchen. My wife was in the kitchen, too. When I walked in, she turned around and said, "Can I get a kiss from my favorite miss?" She gave a little smile and added, "Sometimes." I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor.

My daughter and SIL came for a visit last Monday, the 5th. They leave today. My Heather time has been limited to after heading to our bedroom for the night. I told her I could hardly wait for tonight when I can get dressed up again. She just smiled. The point is, she made, to me, a significant step in being more comfortable with Heather being around the house. Tonight, after I am dressed (still minus the wig and lipstick) I plan to walk into our family room and ask if she'd like to give a kiss to her favorite miss. I expect to see her raise her eyebrows and roll her eyes in fake indignation and say, "Sure."

Life is good and always getting better.

JulieC
06-13-2023, 12:37 PM
That's fantastic Heather!

Krea
06-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Yay! These small signs of supportiveness from a partner mean so much. :thumbsup:

bridget thronton
06-14-2023, 01:36 AM
She clearly loves you

Jemima Stephens
06-14-2023, 08:04 AM
That's a lovely step forward

docrobbysherry
06-14-2023, 03:04 PM
So sweet!:o

Diane P
06-14-2023, 10:49 PM
Heather I'm glad to hear that your wife may be moving toward acceptance. I think if my wife hadn't died last July, and I started CD'ing as I did in Sep, she would have been accepting of it. Part of my reasoning is that when we lived in Montana a friend of hers at Montana State University transitioned from male to female and my wife was very accepting of that. In fct our friend was more nervous about how I would react. I didn't remember the man she had been as he was really quite and kept to himself a lot. So when I gave her a hug at Thansgiving she was really relieved.

alwayshave
06-15-2023, 04:16 AM
Heather, I'm glad your wife teased you. It is a type of acceptance.

Heather76
06-22-2023, 09:29 PM
And still another small step again today. My wife rarely ever comments on what I'm wearing. Well, today I have to make a 20 mile drive to LOWE'S and it's raining. That means I'll be wearing my golf raincoat - very lightweight but water repellant. If I'm going shopping and will be wearing anything over my golf shirt, that means I'll also have a lace bralette on with DD triangle forms inside. As I'm kissing my wife good-bye, does she say anything about the forms? NO! What she says is to make sure the lace doesn't show. I told her I'll be buttoning the bottom button on the shirt's neck and it won't show. I know the forms are as fake as they can be; but, I love everything about wearing them.. When I got home, I changed to my work clothes; but, I left the bralette and forms in place. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will have worn a bra, or bralette, with forms for 36 continuous hours (minus time spent bathing.