PDA

View Full Version : summertime

jacques
06-13-2023, 03:31 PM
hello,
Summertime has arrived in East Yorkshire, UK, so it is nice to cool off in the evenings wearing a summer dress!
But, it does mean that as a stay-at-home dresser I have to avoid scaring the neighbours and passers by in the loner daylight hours.
luv J

Debs
06-13-2023, 03:41 PM
I went dressed last week to the Trafford Centre and bought all new summer dresses, did have a cheeky glass of wine whilst I was there, I bought an amazing summer dress and decided to stay in it, it was a lot cooler than the one I went in, lol

Rachelakld
06-14-2023, 04:33 AM
Being from Yorkshire- think we can dress how we want, when we want, where we want :)

docrobbysherry
06-14-2023, 03:02 PM
Just returned from a trip to Northern UK, Ireland, and Scotland. What u call "cooling off" over there during evenings we call "freezing" and heavy sweater weather, in SoCal!:doh:

Stephanie47
06-18-2023, 11:18 AM
I live in an area that has moderate weather year around. Given the latitude of where I live there is about an additional hour of light in the evening. Of course, going out in the dead of winter means nightfall by five in the afternoon. Obviously, it is easier to leave my home at a reasonable time for a drive and stroll under the cover of darkness. Our backyard use to be very secluded until my neighbor pulled out an exceedingly tall row of laurel bushes. Now, no privacy. I loved sitting in the backyard during the entire day and evening. Now, unfortunately it is totally in-home. Sad, sigh!

Jamie001
06-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Stephanie, you can still sit dressed in your backyard. Don't let your neighbor stop you. It is your property and your right as long as all the appropriate parts of your body are covered, enjoy yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

It is time to get out the cute sandals to wear all summer and book a pedicure every three weeks with a nice summery bright nail polish on your toes!

jacques
06-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Just returned from a trip to Northern UK, Ireland, and Scotland. What u call "cooling off" over there during evenings we call "freezing" and heavy sweater weather, in SoCal!:doh:

Hi,
it is 25 degrees Celsius (77 F) here today an we are melting!
luv J

Maid_Marion
06-28-2023, 09:29 PM
I have a private back yard surrounded by shrubs and trees. The front yard is the opposite. I have plenty of passers by that want to say hello to the person who grows gorgeous flowers all season long!
There are folks who enjoy looking at my yard when they pass by on their daily walks and commutes by car.
Sometimes I'll garden in the front yard wearing a very feminine pink skirt and top.

Marion

MsEva
06-29-2023, 11:42 AM
Not that I would dare to go outside as neighbors are home like all the time, and our houses are very close but I do pop out to our screened porch from time to time. Summer means that I get to wear my bikini around the house. That is fun.

Karren H
06-29-2023, 01:15 PM
I have yet to figure out what the appropriate attire is for a red and purple alert day! Probably wouldn?t matter since the smoke is so thick from the canadian forest fires that the neighbors probably could t see me.

alwayshave
06-29-2023, 07:27 PM
jacques, Here in DC no one would see you as the smog is pretty thick from the Canadian wildfires.