PDA

View Full Version : Out without wig and makeup

Angela Marie
06-18-2023, 10:55 AM
Well I decided to take a big step. I went out dressed in a real cute top from Chicos, black leggings, and flats. Shopped at a few stores. I was, of course, nervous but all went well and I felt fantastic. I?m sure that at some point I?ll get comments or negative reactions. But I?m so comfortable in my femininity that the downsides place in comparison.

NatalieGirl
06-18-2023, 11:02 PM
You go girl!

bridget thronton
06-19-2023, 01:26 AM
Well done

GretchenM
06-19-2023, 06:05 AM
I have found that going out in partial or mixed expression produces less concern in others that going fully dressed which I have done only a few times. But once again and unfortunately it depends largely on where you go, what you do, and probably now what part of the country you live in as well as the attitudes in the local community. Do what feels right to you, but do keep your wits about you. Don't go anywhere that a GG would not go to alone. Have fun, though. It is a new adventure.

kimdl93
06-19-2023, 07:03 AM
Sounds like its working for you, so keep doing it!

CDMargret
06-19-2023, 07:40 AM
That's so fantastic. I have been venturing out wear matte tights with shorts without issues...yet. Next I want to find the right shirts, blouses, tops. Enjoy!

Diane P
06-19-2023, 07:57 AM
Good for you Angela! It sounds like you had a really good time and that is what matters the most.

BrendaPDX
06-19-2023, 10:00 AM
Hi Angela, Good for you, I am happy that you had a rewarding outing.

Angela Marie
06-20-2023, 09:47 AM
Thanks for all the kind comments. I am increasingly moving further and further toward my feminine side; not only externally but internally as well. Although I will never transition due to age and social constraints it is liberating to reach this point.

Christie ann
06-20-2023, 05:42 PM
I just thank all those people before us ( us included) who have worn the “wrong” gender clothes out in public. It used to be a guy wearing feminine clothes would be thought of as a sissy. As someone from this forum told me I was doing. But now, when I wear my skirt and top sans wig and make up it because I just want to wear my skirt and top. I truly love going out in the whole ensemble with wig, breasts and make up, but sometimes, for a variety of reasons, that can’t happen and I am glad we have this alternative to use.

Glad it’s working!

Alexandrea
06-20-2023, 05:50 PM
Amazing! wish i had the confidence to do that!!! Im still scared to go out, just having to talk to people in my manly voice whilst dressed scares me! My anxiety is bad when im in drab never mind when in fem mode.

Jamie001
06-20-2023, 11:04 PM
Christie Ann there is nothing wrong with being considered a Sissy. I am a proud sissy.

Christie ann
06-20-2023, 11:24 PM
Without trying to hijack this thread. I apologize for the vocabulary. My point was that, while not main stream, it is also not unheard of for a genetic man to be wearing more feminine clothes in public, while in just the recent past it was quite unusual. I applaud Angela for being comfortable in her femininity to wear that really cute top.

Rachelakld
06-22-2023, 03:28 AM
lucky, I tried it once - took a selfie, now have a photo of an old man with false boobs, in a dress :(

ellbee
06-22-2023, 09:18 AM
At some point, it's like, screw it, gotta just do it -- whatever "it" may be, for anyone. :laughing:

Seriously, though. If you really feel the need to do something, it's probably just gonna keep gnawing at you, until you throw on your big-girl panties & grab the reins.

Been my experience, anyway. :)

Angela Marie
06-22-2023, 09:51 AM
I actually did do it. Loved it and I am going to continue. I have, as the say, crossed the Rubicon.

ellbee
06-22-2023, 10:06 AM
See? That's how it's done, ladies! :GD:

Anyway, yes, to this day, after *decades* of this in my life, I still sometimes try to challenge myself, at least in small ways.

"Ooh, I don't believe I've done this before... Okay, let's do it! :thumbsup: "

All part of the life-long journey, I suppose? :strugglin