PDA

View Full Version : I did it

StephanieLake
06-21-2023, 03:46 PM
Inspired by a post by Christie Ann, I decided to go on a hike today as a MIAD, technically a MAIS since I wore a skirt, no wig or makeup since I don't have any, just the skirt, a flowery t-shirt and my B forms. It was a 5.8 mile hike to the Goat Mountain Fire Lookout in the Sierra National Forest. I only saw one other person on the trail on my way back. We said hi to each other and he continued up to the top as I went down. Since it was a weekday, I figured traffic would be slow but I found myself getting disappointed that that there weren't more people on the trail. Well, maybe next time. That will be tomorrow as I plan to go for a walk to the dam wearing a flowery skirt, t-shirt and my C forms. Boy am I getting brave. Lol

Natalie5004
06-21-2023, 04:06 PM
Great job. Getting out dresses is fun, right?

StephanieLake
06-21-2023, 04:52 PM
I love it and wish I could do it more often. Each time I go out I am less nervous then the last time.

Christie ann
06-21-2023, 05:08 PM
Woo hoo. Congratulations on a successful outing. The summer is young, lots more time to go out again.

AstridCD
06-21-2023, 06:13 PM
Wonderful. You have inspired me now. I have to do this soon. I really have been wanting to get out and about in a skirt. Congratulations.

alwayshave
06-21-2023, 07:45 PM
Stephanie, That is wonderful. I wish I could go for such a hike.

Heather76
06-21-2023, 10:21 PM
I am a psychic; and, I see many more outings in your future. Enjoy every one of them.

Jemima Stephens
06-22-2023, 04:14 AM
Great stuff! I walk the dog en femme, but stick to pants/jeans so I am still presenting male, although I sometimes change into a skirt/dress when in the woods

I fear the local neighbours/villagers seeing me and telling my Wife or Children

StephanieLake
06-22-2023, 02:39 PM
I did it again. I went for what I call my "dam walk". It's about 1 mile or so, across the primary and secondary dams at the lake. I was wearing a blue floral skirt that ends a couple inches above my knee, women's T-shirt, women's sandals, bra and my C forms.

There were a couple cars in the lot, which meant at least 2 people already out on the dam or the trails leading off. I almost chickened out but said, the heck with that, I need to do this. I got out and started down the dam. About half way across I saw 2 women walking towards me. I held my head high, shoulders back, and walked towards them like it was nothing. Although my heart rate was telling another story. Lol. We smiled at each other, said good morning as we passed and continued on. There were a couple guys walking and another pair on bikes. They didn't say a word.

On the way back to the cabin, I decided I wanted to sit by the water for awhile. While I was there, I walked past several people, and a few walked past me while I was sitting. I even went and used the restroom before I left. No interaction or reaction by any of them, at least while I could see them.

I'm beginning to believe that most people just don't care, or if they do, they don't say anything. I don't get the opportunity to do this very often, every few months is all, and in the past have just gone out for evening walks during the off season. I see myself going out more during the day on future trips up here. Now I just need to get a wig and learn how to do makeup.

JulieC
06-22-2023, 08:57 PM
Steph, I'm convinced that people do notice, but the vast majority of people these days just don't react in a way that we notice. They might talk amongst themselves about the person they just saw, but who cares? Nicely done :)

Bea_
06-23-2023, 05:32 AM
Your outings are inspiring. I?m hoping to go for it soon and stories like these make it feel a little less stressful. Thanks.