PDA

View Full Version : Great idea

Maria 60
06-24-2023, 05:31 AM
My family was busy last weekend for Fathers Day and we celebrated it last night. My son in law suggested the perfect Fathers Day would be the wife and children going out and leave us the day to ourselves. He would golf in the morning and lounge on the couch in the afternoon and that would be the best Fathers Day ever. He asked me what he thought of his idea and what I would do. I told him I thought it was a great idea only because I see my children and grandchildren almost everyday anyway and I'm was sure I could find something to entertain myself, but we all know it would be a dress up day for sure. What do you think about his idea and would you make it a dress up day also.

Jillcder
06-24-2023, 06:47 AM
Well that sounds like a great idea to me Im all for any new opportunity to dress.

Stephanie47
06-24-2023, 09:16 AM
I find large family gatherings to be too stressful. For some reason everyone thinks they should crash grandpa's and grandma's house to celebrate Father's Day or Mother's Day. It's the same with birthdays for my wife and me. These events always end up with my wife and I cleaning the house and doing all sorts of meal preparation. I'd rather just go to someone else's home and let them do all the work. Even better is to be left totally alone for the day.......or a week! Hello, Stephanie.

docrobbysherry
06-24-2023, 11:55 AM
Absolutely not! My father's day was spent with my adult daughters, one of their girlfriends, and my ex. Grand kids were with my daughter's ex.:sad:

The BBQ was about their celebrating me and we had a lot of fun! Maybe too much wine? Because when asked I stupidly confessed to taking some Sherry pics on my recent cruise with one daughter. (See avatar). Which upset that daughter and my ex! (They all know I'm a closet dresser!)

So, in my case just discussing dressing was a bad idea on father's day!:doh:

Heather76
06-24-2023, 01:52 PM
I think I could enjoy a Father's Day being on my own as that was my situation this year since we now live 950 miles from any family. The ideal Father's Day would be for all my family to gather at my house and cheer with total acceptance as I present Heather to them. Unfortunately, that will never happen.

alwayshave
06-24-2023, 04:10 PM
Maria, If I had the day to myself it would definitely be a dress up day.

kimdl93
06-24-2023, 06:29 PM
I have the opportunity to dress whenever I choose. I need to remember to appreciate what I have.

Diane P
06-24-2023, 09:22 PM
kim, I'm right there with you. Since my wife passed July of last year I have the house to myself and can dress when I feel like it. All of relatives are out of state and we don't have a lot of friends that are liable to drop by with out calling. I agree though that I also need to appreciate what I have.