PDA

View Full Version : foundation help

jamie_44
04-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I have been using Maybelline Dream Matte for awhile, it works well but I have trouble with it in the humidity. Do any of you girls know a product that works better? I think you southern girls might know what I'm talking about.
Thanks, Jamie

sharifemme
04-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Jamie...

I've used all kinds of foundation, liquid, creme to powder, Dermablend, Coverblend, Cornsilk, etc. My favorite is the Bare Minerals that comes from Bare Escentuals. If you don't have a really heavy beard stubble, it covers really well without looking like it was troweled on, doesn't crease and it doesn't get shiny with perspiration for quite a while. Only drawbacks are the price and it's a little messy to apply. You'll find "dust" all over your clothes, the sink, and the floor. that's why I do makeup before dressing. The best prices I have gotten were on E-Bay.

Sharifemme

urban gypsy
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I have been using l'oreal cashmere perfect, colour warm sand.

Karren H
04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Move up north??? hehehe

Love Karren

Jillian310
04-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Karren, you are such a hoot! BTW, what foundation do you use? I have been steered to MAC, but can't find it any where handy. Hugs, Jill

Deidra Cowen
04-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Mac seems to be the best to me personally. The majority of my Tgirl friends in Atlanta use it also. But I have to admit on hot days it will melt a bit on you...esp on the dance floor! There is a trick you can do that another girl taught me last summer. Believe it or not when finished with your makeup, spray hair spray on your face. It will protect and hold down the foundation even in very hot conditions.

But regardless I find that you have to be careful in the middle of the summer and stick close to air conditioning. When I get in my car I immediately crankup the AC! LOL

Jennaie
04-15-2006, 01:01 PM
After applying your foundation, be sure that you "press" in a setting powder, don't worry about using too much, then using a large blush brush, brush any powder that the foundation would not hold. Then blend with your blush and contouring color.

Rita Knight
04-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Jamie and Gurlz,
I sweat a lot and live in New Jersey. What works best for me is MAC Full Coverage Foundation. Most of my makeup is drug store quality. I use this everytime I dress. Believe me, the MAC holds up to sweat the best.

A sage GG
04-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Try powdering before and after a liquid foundation. or this will sound crazy but if you sweat in the slightest heat find a antipersperant and apply before prefferably nonscented and clear.

Good luck from a GG

jamie_44
04-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Girls, thanks for all your responses, I think its time to experiment with the info. Hugs Jamie

Karren H
04-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Karren, you are such a hoot! BTW, what foundation do you use? I have been steered to MAC, but can't find it any where handy. Hugs, Jill

Awwwww Thanks, Jillian... I use L'oreal onestep. Its a paste with a sponge applicator and I rarely ever use powder.

Love Karren