PDA

View Full Version : Weight Issues Not Issues

jdotp75
04-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Ok, Not To Be Mean Or Anything, But Why Does It Seem Like Most Cds Are Overweight? I Happen To Love Big Girls, So Once Again, No Offense.

urban gypsy
04-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Years of comfort eating in the closet

Monica55cd
04-14-2006, 03:43 PM
maybe its from feeling not good about myself as a male that I let my weight get out of control....now that I can't suppress the dressing anymore it leaves me having to be a Big Beautiful Woman...i wish i had dressed more when I was younger and more fit...can't turn back the clock but I guess I can try to get the weight down...

Audrey34
04-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Speaking for myself, from time to time I have issues with my own weight. I really envy the thinner girls who can wear something tight, short and sexy. Too often when I wear a plus size dress that I think looks sexy, my tummy stands out and it bothers me. I'm working very hard at losing the weight (I bike ride daily and I was originally 357, now I'm 310). Sorry to be such a whiner. Instead I should ask: can large girls look sexy too?
-Audrey

Julie Avery
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I gain weight when I don't crossdress, and lose weight when I do.

I don't much care how I look in drab, but I do care about my femme appearance.

Julie York
04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
I think you'll find you are wrong. There seems to be a fair mix of body shapes just like any cross section of people.

linnea
04-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I think you'll find you are wrong. There seems to be a fair mix of body shapes just like any cross section of people.

I think that Julie's quite right. There are all shapes and sizes among us, and that's actually a wonderful thing.

DonnaT
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
In my outings experience, there are a lot more TGs not overweight, than overweight. Me, I'm over, but it's a genetic thing.

connie rotten
04-14-2006, 04:55 PM
It seems to me most crossdressers are tall with large feet .:D

Julie York
04-14-2006, 05:57 PM

LOL

Yeah it's a man thing.

hahahahahaha

Caitlintgsd
04-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Yup. and size 14 shoes are SO easy to find!

Teresa Amina
04-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Three years ago I was 195lbs, now I'm 165. Then I suppressed my Teresa self, now I don't. Which came first, chicken or egg? Not sure, but accepting yourself does help!

Sage GG
04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I only know one CD and she is sitting next to me in size 4 Capri pants and there are days I just hate her:rolleyes:. She can also wear a size eight skin tight mini skirt set, Why I talk to her..... I have no idea.

Karren H
04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Lost 50 pounds in 9 months playing ice hockey. Wife made me stop at 170 because I was getting too thin!!! 5' 10", dress size 10 and extreemely happy!!!

Love Karren

kim in n.c.
04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Didnt you know? Its because all that camera equipment weighs so much!!:cheeky:

mudanjel
04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I only know one CD and she is sitting next to me in size 4 Capri pants and there are days I just hate her:rolleyes:. She can also wear a size eight skin tight mini skirt set, Why I talk to her..... I have no idea.

:p I had to laugh at that, Sage...I feel your pain !

Maria2004
04-14-2006, 09:26 PM

5'-11", 130 lbs, size 8. 8-1/2 to 9 (uber wide) in girly feetz :p My wife and I share shoes (w00t!)

Ellie
04-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I've seen quite a mix of sizes.

As for me, I haven't worried about it for years.. I just don't care to waste time being concerned about it. I'm going to be what I'm going to be. Bigger for some time and smaller for some other.

My sig sums it up well... Hehehehe

CharlaineCadence
04-14-2006, 11:18 PM
All i can tell you is that i'm a size 16 - 20 depending where i go with size 9ww shoes and tell you what my best friend she is a gg and she and I shop togeather and you know what we both @#!ch :mad: about the same thing whay they make the cutest outfits for the itty bitty girls, and you know what is worse. finding a beautiful dress in the paart of the rack that for your size and then finding that its a size 2. You laugh it happens alot at marshels. Also waight gain and loss can heppen in you learning to accept yourself for who you are. I have lost 20 pounds not in three weeks just by watching my intake and most of all being my self.

Christina Nicole
04-15-2006, 06:26 AM
I guess it isn't just CDs who are overweight. The statistics show that many (most?) Americans are overweight. I wear size 8 to 10, but I have to pad my hips to fit a size 8. Otherwise it not a good feminine shape.
Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

JeanneF
04-15-2006, 08:00 AM
I think that if you look around, you'll find that it's a pretty good mix of skinny and overweight. Like others have said, most Americans are overweight, so it would stand to reason that a good percentage of American CDers are overweight as well.

For me, dressing has been a good motivator to lose weight. There was a lot more satisfaction the first time I was able to squeeze into a size 12 dress than when I was able to wear a size 32 pant for the first time since high school.

BethGG
04-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I guess it isn't just CDs who are overweight. The statistics show that many (most?) Americans are overweight. I wear size 8 to 10, but I have to pad my hips to fit a size 8. Otherwise it not a good feminine shape.
Warm regards,
Christina Nicole
Yup, I believe 55% of Americans are overweight, so I think it just could be the same with CDs. Maybe you notice more cause you're looking more closely at CDs(like seeing what they're wearing/what they look like)?

Jenn2716
04-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Well if half the general population is overweight, then it only makes sense that half the cd population is too.

Personally, I have struggled mightly with my own weight. I get more than enough exercise playing ice hockey and going to the gym. My big downfall is my lack of will power when it comes to eating. I like how I look most of the time, but I just know that I'd FEEL better if I dropped 50 or 60 pounds.

I think that I might have to start setting some cd related goals to help with my motivation. Like buy a new wig IF I lose 20 pounds. or plan a femme weekend away with my wife if I get to 200. Stuff like that.

Nothing else seems to be working. :sad:

danadoll
04-16-2006, 04:51 AM
A lot of people are over weight today, not just CD's it's the American way poor eating habits. You have to be happy with your self ! I was lucky when I started I weighed 189 didn't like what I saw in the mirror, so I started dancing at home an bought an ABLounge now I can wear a size 4-5.

But being thin is not everything ! it's what's inside that counts ! and you must LOVE yourself !

connie rotten
04-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm 5'6". I'm up to size 10 in middle age. Women's size 8-8 1/2 shoes fit me better than men's shoes.
I put on a good gerdle or corset for the touch up shapping and I can find much better fitting clothes in the women's clothes section at Macey's than in the men's.

Cheery GG
04-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I have to agree with other. i think your wrong...most cd's i have seen are actually very slim. My So Lisa is slim....she really looks after her body, works out and eats well too.....

cheery
xx

heatherM
04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
I've been skinny I'm fat now, about 30lbs over weight, I love big wemen, and I find that the extra lbs make all my most manly features disappear, the adams apple is gone, my but is round my boobs ( 38 D ) are mine now things are just more fem, softer, rounder an I like it, LisaK wow your pretty we're neighbors.

kristytv
04-16-2006, 11:08 AM
i am big myself, i hate it, i feel i dont fit in beacasue of how big i am 5'9 280ish , yes i dress alot but i would feel better about if i were say 200 or less.

Rikkicn
04-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I was talking to my SO about being chubby and she said to me that she thinks it helps me look more femme. Women's bodies are rounder and fuller than a man's so being over weight helps you to pass. It makes male "straight" bodies look rounder and curvier.
I think she may be right in that.

Crisack
04-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm not overweight BUT I don't know many women that have 16" biceps! Actually I dont' know any, lol. In my opnion though, CD'ers that will survive a couple of winters, have a better feminine appearance. Less bone structure showing through in certain areas maybe? There are members here that I've seen that are heavier but still look sexy =)

ReginaK
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Weight isn't really that important (unless it's causing health problems). It's how you carry that weight. Unfortunately, I carry all mine around the middle. I've come down from 268 to 232lbs in the past year. Clothes feel a little better, but I still can't get rid of the gut. :(

jdotp75
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
well i just get tired of feeling like no matter what, clothes just arent made for my size. but i guess all girls go through that.

suzanne claire
04-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I believe that you will find the same mix as in our society. In our country more than 60% have a weight concern. I for health reasons always try to maintain my weight .I am now at 148lbs at five feet nine inches.;)

Kristen Kelly
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
I gain weight when I don't crossdress, and lose weight when I do.

I don't much care how I look in drab, but I do care about my femme appearance.

Suppressed the urg to dress for 5 years put on XX lbs. now that Im dressing and going out i've lost 18 lbs in 6 weeks dressing has motivated to get to below my weight I was 10 years ago. Replaced one happiness with a different happiness Eating to Dressing

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
For me it's from radiation treatments for 27 weeks 5 days a week. No thyroide action now as it's burnt up by cobalt treatments. I gained 80 lbs the first year. From 175lbs and doing very physical work to sitting at a desk when I could work. The rest of the time in a hospital some place for the next 23 years, Fighting Cancer. So yeah I'm over weight. But Happy to be here at all. I'm like 235 right now, and was up to 270 at one time. So I'm ok. Thank God.

I would like to wear a size 16 but wear a size 20/22 and in some things a size 24. But you know what? Thats ok with me. I'm happy! Happy to be alive.

mskilmer
04-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Have to agree with what some of the others have said. I think I'm too skinny. I want a butt!! I think it would help if I added a few pounds ... the problem is adding them where it counts.

Christina Nicole
04-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Weight isn't really that important (unless it's causing health problems). It's how you carry that weight.

Maybe not true. Some clinical research released lately shows that fat cells release certain proteins that can cause all sorts of health problem from diabetes to alzheimers. The more fat cells one has, the research suggests that one would therefore have more TNF-alpha proteins. Some of the data suggest that abdominal fat is the worst, so there might be something to "it's how you carry that weight." But the significance of that as well as the relationships between these proteins and diseases is still undetermined. There's some data on the web if you do a Google search.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole