PDA

View Full Version : How to explain "who they are for"

Jennaie
04-14-2006, 06:02 PM
So many post by you girls wanting to know how to approach a purchase, how to explain it. If your shopping in drab and embarrassed, don't lie, just tell them the truth, "they are for my better half". :happy:

Teresa Amina
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Good one! I thought of that as a possible comeback, certainly is true!:D

Dawn D.
04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Perfect answer!:gorgeous:

Sage GG
04-14-2006, 06:26 PM
that's just brilliant, I always say I'm shopping for our daughter, no one blinks when he pays the bill.

Shelly Preston
04-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Depending on the Item you can say

She phones I get to pick it up.

TGKrissyCD
04-14-2006, 06:32 PM
I always go shopping with a list. What I want and the sizes. I guess its my male engineering background. I sometimes do ask a salesperson if the item(s) are on sale and if they have a particular size and color that is not on display. Hey! The store is not a museum, they want to move that stuff out of the door. In all my years of shopping I only had one odd experience. I was in Sears and looking for the high heel pumps on sale and a male clerk said follow me. So I did, however, when he asked what size and I answered, "Size 12" - he threw both hands above his head and started waving then and muttering to himself as he headed down the isle. A female clerk finally waited on me and made the sale.

Tina Dixon
04-14-2006, 06:34 PM
May just give it a try:thumbsup:

Robertacd
04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
So many post by you girls wanting to know how to approach a purchase, how to explain it. If your shopping in drab and embarrassed, don't lie, just tell them the truth, "they are for my better half". :happy:

Sheese :( don't lie at all. It's none of their bleepin' business who it is for.

Say something like this "Look here checkout slave. Wipe that snotty look off your face, ring up my panties, take my money, and you may still have a job tomarrow:Angry3:"

Janelle Young
04-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I have gone into stores before thinking I was going to look at this or that and when I got in I chicken out. Last week I did go and buy a set of makeup brushes, cotton balls and make up remover and for me I thought that was a big step.

Jenniae thank you so much for such an insightful thought. I think I can get that thought into my mind and that will let me shop for just about anything.

Shelley GG
04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi

When we are out shopping together, I always say do you think 'XXXX' will like this.

Not telling any lies here, and people just assume its for the daughter.

Shelley

Deborah757
04-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Nobody ever asked me who I was buying for. I think that either they do not care or or to polite to ask.

Karren H
04-14-2006, 07:08 PM

Yeah, good one, Jennaie!!! And don't forget to say "hope she will like them" hehehe

Love Karren

AmandaM
04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I always ask for a box and a gift receipt.

Patty
04-14-2006, 07:22 PM
I use to say for a good friend

Joy Carter
04-14-2006, 07:31 PM
YEAH AND THEY ARE FOR MY GF AND WE ARE THE SAME SIZE ! gift box please ( beads of sweat roll down the face ). "Thank you on line shopping for saving me such embarasing moments". :eek:

Teresa Amina
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
checkout slave

We Slaves remember Spartacus! Perhaps I should call myself Bolshy Vicky.. ;)

VeronicaMoonlit
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
A simple, "oh they're for me" will suffice. :-)

Veronica

Ms. Donna
04-14-2006, 09:27 PM
A simple, "oh they're for me" will suffice. :-)

Is it just me? I can't remember the last time I got asked for whom I was making my purchase. :confused: Of course, asking to try things on does tend to make the question rather moot. ;)

I think the last time I got that type of question it was like "What size does she wear?" - to which I replied "I take a size __!" She helped me find wanted with an "OK - here you go!"

They've seen us before and they know the deal. Might as well be honest - most people respond pretty well to that.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

trannie T
04-14-2006, 09:28 PM
If you tell the clerks that the panties are for you they call the Transvestite Police and all kinds of sirens go off and they announce on the PA "Crossdresser at register 3." Then they call your mom, your minister and your boss.

Or maybe they just don't care.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Is it just me? I can't remember the last time I got asked for whom I was making my purchase. It's been years for me, but it has happened.

They've seen us before and they know the deal. Might as well be honest - most people respond pretty well to that.

Yes indeed.

Veronica

Stacie Stockman
04-14-2006, 10:08 PM
If you tell the clerks that the panties are for you they call the Transvestite Police and all kinds of sirens go off and they announce on the PA "Crossdresser at register 3." Then they call your mom, your minister and your boss.

Or maybe they just don't care.

Not to mention the Transvestite Police will go the extra step to find all your photos and show them on all the local and national channels.

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
As others have said, I've said it's for me and it's no big deal. A sale is a sale.

OTOH, before I was confident enough to say it was for myself, I occasionally would say "it's for a very special lady" (assuming it was an appropriate kind of purchase, which did tend to illicit an "aaaw, that's so sweet" from the female clerks.

Ron_Rhonda
04-14-2006, 11:40 PM
If they don't want my money, screw 'em.

Girly Sara
04-15-2006, 05:14 AM
I always say the clothes are for me, although i'm very rarely asked. I just say i'm looking for a particular item and the sales person just helps me like any other customer.

The confidence to admit the clothes were for me has only come in the past year or so and it's so liberating. I even ask to try things on in male mode now. I love seeing the sales' girls faces hehe Also had my first ever shopping trip enfemme last month which was truly brilliant but sooo nerve racking at first. It helped that i had my understanding girlfriend with me though...bless her! :)

Sara xxxx

Miss Vicki
04-15-2006, 05:57 AM
When I am asked the Question, Are they for you? I honestly say, YES. However if she decides not to try the item on or puts the item into a dark corner of her drawer, never to see daylight again, or returns the item tomorrow, than the sexy item is for her. I usually get a nice smile and a very helpful clerk.

Jamie M
04-15-2006, 06:00 AM
i think what we all need to remember is that the sales people who do ask anything ( and lets face it ,it's an extremely small minority who will ) are the ones who probably do want to make a point and embarass you in exactly the same way that a bully would in a school playground .

These are small minded people who will try and put you in a corner and the best way of dealing with that is honesty and showing that you're not afraid of the truth. Start making up lies and they will see straight through them and try backing you into a corner . Come out with the truth and they've got no-where to go.

be upfront people and not only will they more than likely try and help you as much as they can but the chances of walking out with the right purchase are much improved. No need for gift reciepts if you get what you were looking for in the first place :)

RachelDenise
04-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Like everything else, saying "It's for me" takes practice. The first time I said that I took a deep breath, was ready to be ridiculed, and calmly said "It's for me". The world didn't stop, my heart was pounding, and the clerk said "OK, let's see what we have". It still wasn't easy. Moe frequent trips have eased it a bit, but when you're tall and full figured (like me), it may be obvious who the things are being bought for.

Laura Jane
04-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Not that I've been asked, but I would borrow the line from Minder, They are for 'Her indoors'.

Around Christmas time I went to M&S at Marble Arch to get 'her indoors' a few treats and bought a load of Underwear and Sleepwear and when I got to the front of queue for the tills, I ended up being served at the one with two young girls on it and one of them got all excited over one of my choices, a lovely textured black lacy pair of boy shorts, a line she hadn't seen before, she was feeling the texture and having a good look at them holding them up and was saying how she was gonna get a pair of them. I managed not to turn red during all the fuss and not to blurt out any line about who they were for!

No one else was taking any notice anyway, all busy get their christmas presents.

Amanda Harriman
04-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Sales ladies, especially lingerie sales have heard it all but know the truth. There's no fooling them. They'll know if it's really for the wife or for you. They're also somewhat used to it- there's a lot of crossdressers out there (just look at the numbers on the forum!).

As for guts, well that's different for everyone. Some of our forum buddies are out and about all the time, while others never venture out. I go out ever so often 2-3 times a year and am getting more and more used to it. But I still get nervous. When I get nervous I simply remind myself that it is not illegal. I have just as much right to wear what I want and shop where I want as anyone else. Sometimes I'll call ahead to check if it's alright.

jodybi35
04-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Still makes my heart race, but I don't get as red in the face as the first couple of times I made panty purchases. And I have never been made to
feel bad by any sales girl. In fact, by being totally upfront and honest, it
has been my experience that they are very helpful. Sometimes I will ask
them if they have guys who come in and buy for themselves and they all
have replied yes. So, it seems to be a lot to do over nothing as they are
nothing more to the clerks than a sale. I have enjoyed seeing a lot of smiles
on faces though.

Natalie tv
04-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I often shop for makeup and other items,most of the time i dont get any problems,other times i might just say, if the item is the wrong one, can my wife bring it back.The usual reply is "of course just keep the receipt"

wendy
04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't say anything, to me, it is none of their business who I buy 'female' items for.:D

Eric/a
04-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I've never had any trouble with sales people, but sometimes other customers are a different story! I was in a Parisian lingerie department one time - and that's the department store, not the city! - looking through some babydolls, and had two or three set aside. Even without saying anything, I guess I was a little too obvious about holding them right out in front of me to get an idea if they'd fit me! All at once, an older lady comes up and says, "You know those are for women don't you?" As tempted as I was to ask her if it was any of her business, my "nice" side won out, and I just said, "Well, I hope these'll make one out of me!" I've used ever since, whether I'm shopping for lingerie, swimsuits, dresses, shoes, you name it. Worst case so far, they just say "I'm sorry I asked," and walk off, but every now and then it makes a good conversation starter!:D

connie rotten
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Most of the places I shop the sales people know me. To bresk the ice with a knew sales girl I say things:cheeky: like "if I were your doll would you dress me in this."
I always buy something so the see me as a sure sale.
If I said better half the reply would be "you don't have one."

nancy58
04-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Jennai, that's the best one I've heard yet. I hope I can recall it if I ever need it.

Nancy

rachellenicole
04-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I to have gone into a department store and asked what size, to which I replied I wear a 7 panties and a 38c bra, she raised an eye brow and smiled. It's none of their biz, but that was kind of fun. There are a lot of men shopping in the womens departments these days, hummm...
My wife and I are going shopping tomorrow, I'm going to try on my future purchase in-store for the first time, YIKES!!!

Rachelle