PDA

View Full Version : Mindfulness and Crossdressing: Relax and feel the present

marieclaire
08-31-2023, 12:34 PM
Mindfulness is the practice of consciously focusing on the present moment, noticing sensations, feelings, thoughts, and the environment without judgment.

It is a technique that promotes personal development and helps to deal with stress and anxiety and other disorders.

You probably enjoy crossdressing, but for a variety of reasons—including ones beyond crossdressing itself—you may feel anxious when you do. You may fear being caught dressed as a woman – and this can detract from your experience: You become anxious and don’t enjoy the experience as much as you should, including not taking all of your available time. You may feel anxious about underdressing outside the home, fearing that someone will discover your secret – including thoughts such as “if I get sick or have an accident and go to the hospital, I will be exposed”. You may be having trouble understanding or even accepting your attraction to women’s clothing. Or you are simply anxious or worried about other reasons, such as an illness, a professional issue, among other things.

You can apply mindfulness practice to crossdressing in a number of ways. You can dress like a woman by taking this present moment and noticing consciously and non-judgmentally how you feel. This experience will definitely do a lot of good for your mind and deepen your self-knowledge and strengthen connections with your feminine side.

The first exercise I’m going to propose here: put on a bra. I like the bra exercise because it is a piece that imposes its presence. Sensations like the touch of the straps on the shoulders and the “hug” that the band gives to the body make it a piece impossible not to be felt by those who wear it – many women love to unbutton it when they get home, after spending hours together.

Choose a bra that you like and wear it consciously. Pay attention to how you wear it, from choosing it to fitting it into your body. Notice the straps touching and squeezing your shoulders. Realize and feel the touch of the fabric on the body, identifying which fabric it is composed of (lace, cotton, satin or other). Feel the hug feeling it provides. If using any padding, feel the weight of the padding. In the mirror, identify and see how it feels to see yourself wearing a bra. Note the projection (if any, if you are wearing padding or a padded bra). Realize the difference when wearing some clothes over the bra.

At all these times, be non-judgmental. Just watch your feelings, sensations and thoughts as if they were cars driving down the street and driving away. This goes for all the exercises we propose here.

The same goes for panties: you can consciously wear panties. Feel the touch of the fabric on the body and notice the difference between wearing panties and underwear. Realize how your body adapts to the panties. You can see yourself in the mirror wearing the panties and just observe how you feel and what you think about it.

If you want to wear a skirt or dress, wear it consciously. Feel the sensation of using a different cut piece. Feel the touch of the fabric on the body. Notice how the piece moves when you walk or walk. Feel the wind. In the mirror, observe what it feels like to see yourself in this outfit.

You can also apply makeup. Consciously choose how you want to apply makeup and the materials you will use. Apply makeup mindfully, paying attention to how the materials interact with your body as you apply them. With makeup on, feel the feeling you get when you have makeup on your face. In the mirror, notice how you feel to see your face transformed.

Shoes? Consciously wear the shoe – how about a high-heeled one? – and notice how your feet feel in relation to it. Walk around wearing them and notice how you feel and how you walk in them.

You may feel anxious about dressing like a woman. Either for fear of liking it or for fear of being caught by someone. Mindfulness is a great tool to relax, but if you need it, you can use relaxation techniques. I recommend diaphragmatic breathing: inhale slowly through your nose and place your hand on your belly. Try to expand the belly – not the chest. Then, slowly exhale through your mouth. Repeat a few times until you feel relaxed.

You can do one exercise or do them all in combination – that is, assemble yourself completely. One way or another, this is an experience that will be very positive for your crossdressing practice and for your mental health.

– Do you get anxious when crossdressing?

– Have you heard about mindfulness? Have you ever thought about the relationship between mindfulness and crossdressing?

– Have you practiced what I taught here? Share your experience.

DianeT
08-31-2023, 04:58 PM
Hi Marie Claire, thank you for this very thorough cookbook. I never was anxious when dressing even before I revealed it to my wife, simply because I never felt it was a wrong thing to do, only that it could not be understood by others, and because since I turned an adult I never did it when there was the tiniest risk to be caught.
My wife told me about mindfulness, I tried it, like I tried relaxation techniques but I don't buy into these kinds of exercises. I don't criticize them, but it's just not for me, too much directives, and I have my own ways to relax and enjoy what I'm doing, crossdressing being one example that works wonders in my case.
I would dare saying that I practiced what you are advocating, since my favourite activity when dressing is lounging on a sofa in hugging clothes reading a book or watching TV and listen to the tactile sensations and the emotional feelings brought by this immersion in a sea of feminine cues.
Judging by the sheer number of members who consider that dressing is very relaxing, I guess I am far from being the only one listening to their feelings and sensations.

docrobbysherry
08-31-2023, 09:04 PM
I do not find dressing relaxing or mindful. I DO find it very diverting!:devil:

Mind u, I don't throw on a few things and go on line or watch TV. Those days r long gone! When I used to hang out luxuriating in the feel of nylons and a bra and breast forms, etc!:o|

Now, I dress all the way or not at all. And, because it's for either a photo shoot or and outing I have to concentrate on what I'm doing every second or I'll miss or screw up something!:doh:

Altho not relaxing or mindful? I do find that all the regular. scatterbrained, random thots that usually run thru my head vanish!:eek:

All I can think about is my dressing. And, that in itself is a blessing!:battingeyelashes:

Sandi Beech
09-01-2023, 07:05 AM
Don?t get me wrong, I am not being critical in any way as this may work for some. I just don?t see it working for me.

I am more like doc in that I enjoy going to clubs fully dressed to have a few drinks drinks and some dancing. Because it takes me a very long time to get ready, I am usually in a hurry. I do not have time to savor the moment when I am putting on clothing items etc.

What really gets my attention is the interaction with people who treat me as a female when I am presenting that way. It has worked very well for me so I have no incentive to change anything.

Sandi

Di
09-01-2023, 07:42 AM
Is the anxiousness because you are not accepting of yourself? Guilt or hiding?
Not sure why all that just come to terms of it . Nothing wrong with crossdressing. Unless hiding from a partner ….that would be stressful.
Just be you, if going through all that makes you enjoy it that’s fine …..but in general I wish for no anxiety just be yourself.

Cheryl T
09-02-2023, 11:25 AM
Early on I had that fear of being discovered, but that has long since passed.
Over the last 3 years I've become more "me". I've relaxed to the point that I don't have to think about what I'm doing any longer. It's become as natural as all else I do.

jacques
09-03-2023, 02:35 PM
hello Marieclaire,
I practice mindfulness to ensure that I don't leave my lingerie and hosiery in inappropriate places,
lub J