PDA

View Full Version : How to handle refrain: you need to learn

Aka_Donna
09-01-2023, 01:03 AM
so I started to settle in for evening in a A-skirt and scoop top with comfortable boat shoes, and again it comes
"you need to dress more". So I changed studs for drops, added a wig and refreshed lipstick to non-blend mode. That worked for tonight. But in the future, who knows. Any suggestions from your experience on how to move forward?

thanks

kimdl93
09-01-2023, 07:27 AM
Its not as though you have to resist your inner voice when its telling you to do something you want to do. Why not go as far as your time allows.

Raychel
09-01-2023, 07:37 AM
I will say the same, Why resist your inner voice.
Do what feel right and best for you and just enjoy the time you can.

That is exactly what I do. I get uop in the morning and thing, This will be the dress for today.
If I change my mind as the day progresses, then I change, just accept and enjoy.

Krisi
09-01-2023, 08:41 AM
You do not have to "move forward". Unless you have changed your identity to female and live as a woman 24/7, you are free to dress as much or as little as you please (considering your situation, wife, children, neighbors, etc.). If you don't feel like getting all dolled up, you don't have to. The goal here is to be happy.

Patience
09-01-2023, 08:53 AM
What does "move forward" entail exactly?

Maid_Marion
09-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Even those of us who wear female clothes all the time vary in their presentation.
l have skirts and skorts but didn't start wearing them in public this year until a week ago, after I filled in my farmer's tan by wearing sleeveless tops.
I'd only wear skirts to work, before I retired.
This week I've gone shopping for groceries wearing pink and light green skots.

Marion

Stephanie47
09-01-2023, 11:18 AM
At first I thought perhaps your wife or girl friend was telling you do "dress more." Either way, her or self, should do what is comfortable.

docrobbysherry
09-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Strangely, after I separated from my ex and we split time having the kids, I had the house to myself? I suddenly spent TOO MUCH time dressing!:eek:

I became so bored with it I seriously cut back. Eventually, I began only dressing to the 9's for photo shoots and outings!:battingeyelashes:
I stopping feeling a thrill at just throwing on a few things and hanging out.:straightface:

As far as moving forward, Donna? Try going out dressed. That changes things from, "throw on whatever I like", to, "OMG, what will people see when they look at me?!":eek:

Cheryl T
09-02-2023, 11:23 AM
I'm confused.
You were dressed. Did you feel the need to be "more dressed"?
I just wear what moves me that moment. I've never felt I had to "do more"

Diane P
09-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Donna, is this an inner voice or girl friend/wife telling you this? As othere have said just dress the way you feel. If your inner voice is telling you to do more trry to figure out why.

Kris Burton
09-03-2023, 02:54 AM
As I read this, I am interpreting "moving forward" as developing your persona further and improving your presentation. That's an admirable goal in my estimation. I'd say continue to observe and talk to other CDs and GGs and be inspired as you do. Be willing to experiment and try new looks as the mood strikes, and lean in to the evolution that will occur.

Erika_M
09-05-2023, 05:32 PM
I think it's just the thrill of indulgence speaking, especially if you don't have a lot of time or you're relatively new to dressing, your brain may tell you you're not making the most out of your time or you're not pushing it to the next level enough.

I made it a point to get some nice work and casual outfits because that kind of scratches that itch to get dressed up a bit. Otherwise I never would since boxer shorts and tshirts are literally unisexual.

Karren H
09-06-2023, 08:53 AM
Personally, my voice is always saying ?Warp speed, Scotty!? Refrain is only applied from external sources (wife and family). And when Scottys warp drives run out of power!

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2023, 10:19 AM
Hi Donna :hugs:, The First page in the Crossdressers Handbook says ,

" The only rule is there are no Rules"

You are on your own, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**