PDA

View Full Version : Girl watching

Shannon Lace
09-01-2023, 10:57 AM
Not being a perv. When I started dressing I would watch women no matter where I was. I would notice everything about them. Their makeup, their outfits, their hair, their shoes and how they walked and all their little mannerisms Got a few smiles from them along with some dirty looks. I learned a lot from observing

Stephanie47
09-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Guilty as charged! Of course, there is a difference between observing and leering. I do observe nicely dressed women in the wild, but I do not stake out a park bench and just gaze. My addiction is wearing dresses so my eyes are drawn to women who wear dresses. One reason I watch Wheel of Fortunee is to observe Vanna White. I am a little disappointed if she is not wearing a dress and heels. The local weather "girls" (actually women) and newscasters do get my attention too. My wife usually make a comment if a woman's dress is ill fitting. That gives me an opportunity to share a comment.

My wife, who was 5'2" and 115 pounds, use to take a verbal beating from construction workers on their lunch breaks in mid-town Manhattan. One day she stopped and lit into them and gave them a verbal talking to, asking if they would like it if their wives or daughters were victims of what they were doing to the women on the street. Her outrage was so intense she drew the attention of a security guard of the building she had just exited. After that every week when she had to go there the security guard walked her to the subway entrance. I wonder who he was really protecting?

Shannon Lace
09-01-2023, 11:25 AM
Good for her Stephanie! As a man I always treated women with respect. I was actually out fully dressed once when I received a few whistles. If they only knew, lol

Karren H
09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
I still do that. Watching to see what they wear and how they wear it. I play Guess What Type of Bra they are wearing. Usually end up deciding they we?re wearing the wrong bra! Lol.

NancySue
09-01-2023, 11:48 AM
I?ve always been a people watcher, more a female watcher. I also enjoy watching, not leering, the things they do. Body language, attire, makeup, if any, etc. I?m continually looking for women in hose and heels. Sadly, locally, it?s mostly jeans, yoga pants, tee shirts, flip flops, etc. yes, one can learn a lot by observation.

GretchenM
09-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Shannon, it is a great way to see the diversity of female expression and learn a great deal, but not as the idiots Char talked about. When I as a kid from age 4 to about 10 I not only watched girls because I wanted to be one but also I found that I was often accepted to play in their games. They liked it, but I did not behave like the other boys. I behaved more like the girls and stuck to their rules.

Just don't be obvious and direct in your observation. I have no trouble starting brief conversations in the store and I am sincere but I am also multitasking and examining expressions, speech, appearance. Then I wish her a good day nicely and move on. If you are natural and not aggressive most women are fine with it. But if you show any aggressive or sexual aspects in your speech or mannerisms as a lot of men do it is over very fast. In a word behave like another woman would. It doesn't matter how you are dressed; what matters is how you behave.

docrobbysherry
09-01-2023, 01:23 PM
Now, why would a trans or any straight man for that matter look at women, Shannon?:straightface:

I don't think I've ever done that in my life!:tongueout

Becky Bloodstone
09-01-2023, 01:41 PM
Sometimes I'll be looking at a women, not necessarily checking her out like that but looking at her clothes or attitude and she'll notice and give me a, eewww what are you doing? look. Then I'll be embarrassed the rest of the day. Happens often actually. Guess when I do that I need to go into the checking them out like that mode and be sneaky about it.

celine.crossdresser
09-01-2023, 01:52 PM
Our hobby made me see girls with other eyes. Really you can learn a lot about style, behaviour and what make women so special. It helps me to improve my crossdressing.

I try always to be discreet, sunglasses helps a lot during summer. You can watch and learn without being noticed. Fun thing is when you are with other guys and they keep pointing for gorgeous girls, they are looking only for the girl itself. They never wonder that I am looking beyond that.

Heather76
09-01-2023, 08:25 PM
I almost always try to observe how women dress, walk, gesture, etc. What I've discovered is women my age (78) are all over the place. Some still try to dress stylish. Others are good to go in anything. Most wear little makeup compared to their younger counterparts. How they walk is determined by how much physical trauma their bodies have suffered over the years. All I have to do is slow down my speed and take shorter steps and I walk like 80% of them. I don't believe us older gals have to give "a show."

Lorna
09-02-2023, 04:28 AM
The OP says "when I started dressing..." Thinking about it, I started dressing because I was so fascinated by the (young) women I encountered every day and, especially, by what they wore. Watching girls walking along the street in their school uniforms and dresses, wearing nylons and girls' shoes...what was it like to wear those things? Inevitably, as I got older, "watching" extended to how they walked, how they sat, talked, gestured. It also extended to all the other things women wore, both visibly such as dresses, skirts, blouses and less visibly such as bras, slips and other underwear. I don't remember ever wanting to be a woman, just to find out what the clothes felt like, but it was "watching" that started it. Many years later, I still enjoy watching...but it's now quite rare to see clothes I would want to wear.

Jolene Robertson
09-02-2023, 05:27 AM
I totally do that too. Thursday while my wife and I was at the hospital (she was having a test done) There was a beautiful woman who came in and sat down, well dressed and just plain beautiful in her presentation. I hadn't noticed her when she came in (I was getting a cup of coffee) but my wife mentioned her and how beautiful she looked. I said that yes I was admiring her too. When we went to leave my wife stopped and told her that we both admired her presentation and she was of course flattered at the comment.

Jillcder
09-02-2023, 06:20 AM
Im a woman watcher and have learned so much on how to walk, sit and general mannerisms. I love watching the ladies on the weather channel, world news and local news I pay close attention to their styles and love looking at their cute dresses the funny thing is when Im watching with my wife she often comments to me about how cute a dress is that one the ladies is wearing makes me wonder how much she knows or suspects about my dressing.

Davina2833
09-02-2023, 06:27 AM
She knows!!!

Helen_Highwater
09-02-2023, 07:38 AM
While it's certainly true we can learn from each other there's only one true source of knowledge and that's the female community. They set the standards, the benchmarks that we seek to aspire to. Hence observing what they wear, how they move, mannerisms, this is vital if we're to appear in public and blend into the crowd.

I'd now say that I typically scan those females around me rather that pick out individuals unless there's someone who does stand out from the background. Then I'm analysing what it is that makes them different. Some are just truly beautiful women. They have figures that very few of us can hope to imitate but for others it's how they're dressed. they have a sense of style and that's something we can hope to copy and hence is worthy of closer inspection. What are the elements that make up the look. Could I buy the same and hope to achieve an appearance close to that this woman has?

Details get filed away and hopefully my knowledge of what works and what doesn't grows. And that's the benefit of woman watching.

CDMargret
09-02-2023, 07:52 AM
I have so done this too. And totally watch our local young weather girl who wears the cutest dresses. Once the news anchor woman was wearing this black and gold striped top. So 80's. I just had to have it so I crawled into the internet and found one. My size. Ordered it and the day she was wearing it again I ran to my room, put it on and took a selfie with her in the background. Such a funny fun exciting moment.

StephanieLake
09-02-2023, 08:31 AM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that watches the weather girls. I actually pick my news stations by what they look like.

Debbie Denier
09-02-2023, 08:47 AM
Its the source of inspiration for many of us.I used to work in an office with 30 women . Different ages,styles and fashions.Gave me most of the ideas of how to dress.Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Cheryl T
09-02-2023, 10:52 AM
I began doing that in my teens.
I learned so much over the years by observing women. What styles I like and think would look good on me. What styles don't.
What makeup works or is just too much, what looks good on a shape like mine or looks just awful. What colors, patterns, shoes, stockings might or might not work. How to accessorize.

So much to learn and so many teachers.

alwayshave
09-02-2023, 11:27 AM
I always observe women in their entirety. I do not leer. My wife will often ask about someone who walked by, I'll respond and she'll say "I didn't even see you look." This is where great peripheral vision comes in.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
09-03-2023, 04:48 AM
I don't notice mannerisms as much as I admire the clothes. Mentally critiquing their outfits, being jealous because I'd like to be allowed to wear similar clothes in public.
And I admire their tattoos and jewelry as appropriate.

Oh, and as a straight guy, I look at the woman as well while trying not to stare and look like a creep.

Maria 60
09-03-2023, 08:37 AM
My wife doesn't even flinch when she sees me stairing at another women, she knows I'm checking out how there put together. When she notices I put my eye on something she will ask me if she has to start looking for that outfit to buy for me because she knows I will want to duplicate that look when I dress.
Well thanks for sharing at least I'm not the only one who looks like a perv.

Kelli_cd
09-03-2023, 08:45 AM
I also "lady watch", with same purpose. I also believe that most of the time the panties I'm wearing are prettier than what they're wearing. I'm so vain!
My workplace is about 70% women. The watching opportunities are endless.

Connie D50
09-05-2023, 06:48 AM
I watch women more for current cloths style. (dream I could look and move like there do :) )

Claire M
09-05-2023, 09:51 PM
I definitely am a "woman watcher" ... mostly to study what they are wearing, how they are wearing their makeup, hair and nails with respect to their overall appearance, and their mannerisms. I can't help but watch a beautiful, confident and nicely dressed woman, even if her outfit is totally casual. Most of us strive to be or emulate our ideal of what a woman is . You can watch all the YouTube videos you want but nothing compares to studying the real thing!

JenniferR771
09-05-2023, 10:11 PM
It is natural for young women to want men to notice them. That is what fashion, style and clothes are all about. And also hair and makeup. (Perfume--maybe). Married women not so much. Older married men--should have better things to do.
Last week I counted women coming through the building. Sad--only 25 percent were wearing dresses.

ellbee
09-06-2023, 02:37 AM
Well, I guess I should probably be the one to say this...?

GG's, if any of y'all have been reading all this & are now totally creeped out or whatever? Please don't be! :)

Seriously, the overwhelming majority of CD'ers who do this? Entirely innocent, regardless how it may come across. (And we're sorry for those, too! :heehee: )

Listen, we really dig the GG community, ya know? And we want to be a part of that -- as limited as it may be, of course. We just want to play along a bit, to enjoy some of the things that are usually (and unfairly!) "restricted" to GG's. Obviously some of y'all enjoy doing whatever, at least some of the time, yeah? Well, so do we! :wave2:

What, just because we're natal males, now means we can't, or wouldn't want to?? Please. :brolleyes:

We ain't letting you have all the fun... We're joining in too, LOL!

But in order to do that? We kinda need some help sometimes And what better way to go about that, than going directly to the source?

You know, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :battingeyelashes:

Anyway, there's a GG who lives in the building next to mine. Probably late 20's, early 30's. Sitting out in my car, which I usually do fairly often (for other reasons :devil: ), I can see when she's coming & going -- and I'm always sure to look. Fairly attractive & fit, sure. But you know what *really* catches my eye?

The fact that she can put together & wear a completely different kind of outfit every day, and it always looks fantastic on her. Seriously, she's a total fashionista! :GD:

I've been trying to figure it out, yet I'm having a difficult time! I really don't know how she does it... Well, I've picked up bits & pieces, but still. Serious envy of her fashion sense -- and the balls to wear it & own the heck outta it! It's never a dull or average look, and I'm always hoping I get to see what she's wearing any given day.

Yeah, I'm sure she's built up quite a wardrobe. But that still doesn't explain it all! She really does have a knack for that... And while that probably can't be totally taught? I still try to learn what I can, so I can then apply it to own dressing. :thumbsup:

Oh, and CD'ers aren't the *only* ones to, well, "watch."

Just yesterday, there was a mid- to late-20's GG-visitor in my building. Never seen her before. Looks like she was helping her grandmother(?) with her laundry in the common laundry-room area.

Well, if the laundry-room door is open all the way, as it was? There's a direct line of sight when someone comes in the front door/lobby/hallway.

And guess who "enters the chat," strutting her bad-girl self back to her apartment? It's me! :laughing:

Yes, I looked pretty cute & femmy wearing nothing but my clothes from the women's dept, including dark tights & shorts to show off my shapely gams, ha! Did I mention I was in guy-mode?? Though I did have the hood up from my lightweight hoodie, so it kinda looked like long women's hair? LOL

Oh, this granddaughter-GG checked me out for probably longer than I would have liked, for sure! It wasn't bad or anything, just probably not something she saw every day? She obviously knew it was a natal male, I wasn't trying to hide that. Yet at the same time, I did look pretty feminine, too, ha!

She did the friendly-GG smile (you know the one!) as she surveyed my eye-catching-&-holding outfit -- as well as the very sight, itself, before her eyes. Eeeek! :confused2:

Nah, she seemed cool with it, from what I could tell. And I seem to have gotten her approval of my presentation? I really don't do a half-shabby job of it, ya know, from what I've heard!

But yeah, she was totally "tranny-watching"! :roflmao:

I simply returned the friendly-GG smile. I didn't mind that she was *really* looking at me & studying me. Whatever. I not only just dress for myself, ya know.

Besides, what's good for the goose is good for the gander! :)

MoniqueAsh743
09-06-2023, 03:18 AM
Since I began to more embrace my crossdressing I have to admit I do really look at the women I see to appreciate how they are put together, how effortlessly beautiful some look, a degree of jealousy as to their beauty and also wondering if their underwear is like mine.

Also as a hetero male there is the natural attraction but like most people out there that don't know our secrets they just don't realize what we are looking at.

Jasmine23
09-06-2023, 03:58 AM
I think we're all guilty of doing this! I love observing how well dressed women put their outfits together and find myself daydreaming of wearing the same outfits and jealous that I can't look as good as them. It does give some inspiration as to what to wear and might look good. I have occasionally been caught looking and hate the fact I might have made any of the women uncomfortable as they probably thought I was leering at them, when I was really just admiring their outfit, women compliment each other on their outfit all the the time and I'd love to that too, but, that would probably come across as creepy.

JesseVF
09-06-2023, 07:05 AM
Actually I don?t really do this girl watching thing probably because while I?ve underdressed my whole life I?ve only started having the opportunity to buy and wear clothes the past year or two. It?s been difficult to find things that at least look reasonable but I?m learning trial and error - lots of returns to Goodwill.
I?m going to start observing more (discretely) so hope to learn more.
jesse

BLUE ORCHID
09-06-2023, 07:42 AM
Hi Shannon :hugs:, That is the best way to learn how to Blend in, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Amber11
09-06-2023, 12:25 PM
I also find myself looking at women. Admiring thier outfits, makeup, hairstyles etc. I also notice thier mannerisms and the way they conduct themselves. I don't stare or anything like that. Just notice certain things I would like to emulate. I love women, they are gods perfect design IMHO.

melissalynn
09-06-2023, 12:56 PM
One of the things I sometimes do on my commute to work by train is watch the GG's put on their makeup to see if there's anything I could possibly learn and use. One of the things I have not figured out from these peripheral views is how they keep a steady hand with all the bumps of the train.

Patience
09-06-2023, 03:05 PM
I like to see what outfits women are wearing so I can try to reproduce them. It helps with blending when going out.

Sometimes Steffi
09-06-2023, 09:32 PM
Now, why would a trans or any straight man for that matter look at women, Shannon?
I don't think I've ever done that in my life!

Doc. I'm not sure if this comment is serious or facetious, but I'll answer it anyway.

I guess that I'm a "trans-lesbian". Even when I'm en femme, I'm still attracted to GGs. I often flirt with them. Since they know I'm a CD it isn't threatening to them. At Keystone, the night clerk at check in was very cute. Yes, I flirted with her. Yes, I asked for advice putting on my eyeliner. Yes, I asked her to put eyeliner "wings" on my eyes. Yes, she did.

Sometimes I'll be looking at a women, not necessarily checking her out like that but looking at her clothes or attitude and she'll notice and give me a, eewww what are you doing? look. Then I'll be embarrassed the rest of the day. Happens often actually. Guess when I do that I need to go into the checking them out like that mode and be sneaky about it.

I look at the newscasters and weather ladies to see if they're using a different shade of lipstick. Is this one more orange than her usual red?

I also give complements to women who really have it all together. For example, I set next to this woman on the bus and told her that I really liked her unusual green nail polish. She actually put he phone in her purse and we talked for the 20 minute ride to work. I told her about some of my daughter's nail polish designs, and I told her about mine (Green on the big toe and red on the little toes signifying Christmas holly), but I told her that it was my daughter's Christmas style.

Cheshire girl
09-07-2023, 03:17 PM
I’ve always noticed what females were wearing. From an early age I envied the impracticality of girls clothes hair makeup and shoes. I have often copied the style of others.I always notice if a woman is wearing a dress like one I have already!

sometimes_miss
09-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Now retired, I spend many of my lunchtimes at a local office park which has restaurants nearby, so I pick up something to eat, and go sit on a park bench in the warm sunshine. I always wear sunglasses and some sort of baseball style cap, so as to enjoy watching the ladies walk by on their way to eat, without giving a clue that I'm looking at them. 11am until about 2pm is prime girl watching time.
During colder weather, the mall has plenty of benches to sit on, to watch the world go by, and since it's nearby the local college, there's plenty to watch there, too; as there's plenty of women's clothing shops there, it's always fun to watch the girls pick out new clothes.

Lucy W
09-09-2023, 04:18 AM
I watch women all the time, i take note of their clothes, hair, make up and mannerisms, I try to copy them, it's not at all sexual as i am sexually attracted to men,

steffigirl37
09-09-2023, 05:46 AM
I have always admired the way women dress. The clothes, the shoes, the jewelry. How they wear their
hair and makeup. It has always intrigued me and many times I have tried to emulate their style. Although I have tried to be inconspicuous, several times I have been caught looking. Most ended with a smile and a wave from them. I have worked in the construction industry for many years and can remember at one point having to sign papers indicating that if we were seen looking too long or harassing women with look?s or ?catcalling ? we would be removed from the site. I seen it happen several times. This was particularly true around college campuses and office buildings.

Vintage4sarah
09-10-2023, 05:02 AM
I have always observed and appreciated women who dress with good taste or have a certain appeal. Since I strated going out to places about 10 years ago, I have been far more observant of all of the little details that go into making a lady pleasing to the eye. I try my best not to leer, but casually observe and remember all of the styles details and mannerism of woman. If I want to be out as a woman in public I need to mirror them and their behaviors.

April Rose
09-10-2023, 11:21 AM
I'm always looking at women, hoping for fashion cues, or how they carry themselves. Lately,:o if I see someone with a nice outfit, be it dressy or completely casual I don't want to stop looking until I see what they've done for shoes. :o:daydreaming:

BrendaPDX
09-10-2023, 12:52 PM
People watching is a great pastime. Some people dress and act, wanting to be watched. Some people dress to be overlooked. Some people dress to blend or be accepted. I dress and act to blend.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
09-10-2023, 03:23 PM
There are 2 kinds of straight guys.
Those who have sometimes let their eyes linger on an attractive woman, and liars.

Sabine7
09-11-2023, 07:59 AM
I love watching women for hours, in reality, online, on webcam, pics. How do they look, how do they dress, how do they move. Watching their hairs, makeup and legs, how high are their heels, etc.
It will never be boring to me but the opposite, always inspiring and exciting.
I even don't know at what point in time, I had started to watch them not as a man but just woman, their sister, willing to copy their patterns.

Bea_
09-11-2023, 09:18 AM
i was in a conversation with 2 or 3 other men and one woman at work years ago. The subject turned to which feminine attributes caught the guys attention. One guy had a foot fetish. I think another mentioned breasts. In general the answers were in a predicable range of attributes. I said that I noticed a woman's style and tried to explain that whatever the size or shape, a woman's style could enhance any of it. I was totally serious but i got some really odd looks and the conversation stopped there.

So yeah, I always admired style, long before i started dressing.

Teresa.Smith.VA
09-11-2023, 10:45 AM
I like the comment of OrdinaryAverageGuy

"There are 2 kinds of straight guys.
Those who have sometimes let their eyes linger on an attractive woman, and liars."

Pattiesues
09-27-2023, 07:18 PM
I am always looking at women. My wife knows I admire good-looking women and doesn't say anything. We also will talk about women on tv programs and how their outfits look.

Elizabeth1980
09-27-2023, 09:35 PM
I went out early this morning, and it was interesting watching the types of sportswear that women were wearing while out walking their dogs, cycling, etc. A lot of them wear yoga pants and sports bras. The bright colours interest me as well as the materials of the clothes such as lycra, polyester etc.

Di
10-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Well, I guess I should probably be the one to say this...?

GG's, if any of y'all have been reading all this & are now totally creeped out or whatever? Please don't be! :)

Seriously, the overwhelming majority of CD'ers who do this? Entirely innocent, regardless how it may come across. (And we're sorry for those, too! :heehee: )

! :)

I remember Sher and I getting coffee and we would discuss different styles of clothing.
Downtown was always busy and we could check out the newest trends and see what we might want to try.
So I am not creeped out.
Sher was Sher and other relationships I had before I would have been creeped out but it truly was about the clothes and how stylish some were with her.

EmilyShy
10-06-2023, 05:06 AM
I'm a watcher probably too much lol. I always notice women and first check out what they wearing (or more so that catches my eye) I tend do a top to bottom sweep and always check out the shoes (very very rare they are heels of any kind) then I re glance back up rechecking everything. Hi used to think there was something wrong with me but I find it's more common that people let on, I suppose the difference is I'm Honest about it lol. This is not just when out n about I do it on TV shows as well :)

I think I'm discreet but probably not, my SO knows I do it

Lacey New
10-07-2023, 06:44 AM
I belong to that group.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 2 kinds of straight guys.
Those who have sometimes let their eyes linger on an attractive woman, and liars.

I belong to that group

Staci
10-08-2023, 08:44 PM
I do the same thing. Especially if I see someone who is wearing an outfit that you would like to wear. So I guess I?m really looking more at the outfit.

audreyinalbany
10-09-2023, 09:10 AM
always makes me feel a little odd...most guys see an attractive woman and think "I'd like to get with THAT." I look at an attractive woman and think "I wish I looked as good at THAT"

Claire M
10-09-2023, 10:04 AM
....... or "I'd love to see myself in that outfit" and sometimes I find myself thinking "I want to BE her" (maybe I'm more trans than I think)

Sabine7
10-10-2023, 08:05 AM
It's an old story that happened to me years ago. We had a meeting in our company's office. A lot of people crowded around in a meeting room. I was watching my good female colleague standing by the opposite wall. In fact, I was contemplating her legs in black stockings and high heel sandals. Apparently, I had to have difficulty to resist doing that. Very soon, she asked me why I was looking so at her. I answered promptly that I liked her shoes. It was not the best possible answer, I know. But it was true. She answered, she would lend me those shoes. It was a joke and all were laughing around. She didn't even know much I would appreciate that.