PDA

View Full Version : A little validation feels great

Heather76
09-04-2023, 02:15 PM
As I've mentioned in the past, a lady that works where I volunteer knows that I CD. When I first told her, we had several nice discussions. She is my daughter's age - early 50s. She couldn't understand why my wife wasn't fully accepting and supportive. Anyway, I know I have an ally in her. On the few occasions I've been out in public, I can talk with her and get positive reinforcement. We recently had occasion to talk and I had told her my wife had declined to go shopping with me for an outfit so I figured I just have to buy a new dress on my own.

A few days ago when my volunteer schedule coincided with her work schedule, she asked if I had bought myself a birthday present. I told her I had bought a dress. She wanted to see it; so, I told her to check her text messages in a day or two. I sent her a couple pictures I had taken while wearing it. She replied that she really liked the dress and complimented me on how nice I looked in it. It's times like that when it really doesn't matter if I look good or not. The affirmation is so much more important. I know I look like a MIAD; but, I cherish her friendship and the support she gives me.

Debbie Denier
09-04-2023, 02:36 PM
A little validation goes a long way. A friend ship to cherish Heather. I would be careful so not to make your wife jealous.

alwayshave
09-04-2023, 02:42 PM
Heather, I'm glad that you found an ally.

Fiona_44
09-04-2023, 02:50 PM
It is nice to have a friend with whom you can be open and honest about dressing.

Heather76
09-04-2023, 04:06 PM
A little validation goes a long way. A friend ship to cherish Heather. I would be careful so not to make your wife jealous.

Not to worry. I am 110% devoted to my wife. Always have been and always will be. My wife has met her but is not aware she knows I CD. It's probably best left that way.

BLUE ORCHID
09-04-2023, 04:38 PM
Hi Heather :hugs:, That's Wonderful, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Connie D50
09-05-2023, 07:12 AM
Heather, what a nice friend you have found who doesn't like a nice compliment.

Stephanie47
09-05-2023, 10:43 AM
Always nice to have a positive reaction. I know the feeling of rejection of a wife. Even if there is a positive from women, there are many who are affirmative but they fall into the NIMBY grouping.

docrobbysherry
09-05-2023, 12:01 PM
How nice for u, Heather!:thumbsup:

Personally? I have a mirror so I know what I look like.:daydreaming:

Rather than hearing I look fine, I prefer constructive criticism. Those folks that look carefully always see things I missed.:straightface:

Diane P
09-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Heather, glad to hear you have found some one you can talk to about CD'ing.