PDA

View Full Version : feeling feminine

Barb Valentine
04-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I finely got a chance to get all dress up (doesn't happen to often)
I put on my panties,bra, breast forms,pantyhose,a not so little black
dress,a pair of earring,and my wig.
I look in the mirror and said wow I don't look half bad, very feminine
I decided to take some pic's ,got out the camera snapped about
6 pic's to share with yous and OMG I still looked like a guy in a dress :(
I know I can't pass but this was heartbreaking
I still feel feminine just don't look it
Thanks for listening
Barb

RachelDenise
04-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Like I have been so there. I always feel so fem yet I know that I look like a guy. Must be the 6'3" and the weight that goes with it. For me, it's all in the mind.

ChristineRenee
04-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Well Barb...at the end of the day...all of us T-girls are really just a "guy in a dress"...ya know? It's all about illusion anyway. Some have a bit more to work with and can look more femme and sexier...but it's not a contest here. Just try to be the best that YOU can be. After all, very few of us here...including myself...can "pass" on the street...but that's ok. We're not GG's...never will be. I enjoy the dressing...the feeling of being feminine...and the effort to look as pretty and feminine as I can. I think for the majority of us here, that's what we should focus on. Just my opinion here...and I am referring to CD's primarily and to those who are not planning to fully transition...but I think that waaay too much emphasis is placed on this "do I pass?" aspect. Again, for the majority of us...it is not a realistic concept anyway. It is an activity to be enjoyed...a release of pentup feelings and emotions and the expression of your inner femininity. The opportunity to do it, and the effort that goes into it, should be your primary focus here. So my fellow sisters...I say...embrace it, enjoy it, and have fun with it!;)

Penny
04-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Well, yes we TG's are both masculine and feminine. The degree varies. Just
because we are physically male, doesn't mean we have to deprive ourself from
feeling pretty in some way or other. Neither does anyone else have the right
to denigh us from being us. So enjoy who you are and the great gift you were given. When I say great gift, I mean it. Most men will never experience
the pleasure we receive in such a unique and personal way the we do because of their insensitivity, lack of passion and creativity. So what if after
all said and done, we happen to look like a man in a dress. The truth is that
most of everything that is pretty, is disigned for a woman.

Karren H
04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for listening
Barb

Hey Barb, want me to post some of my guy in a dress photos!!! Ekkkkkk I know the feeling. But keep practicing, your playing catchup to the real girls!! hehehe

Love karren

Bev06 GG
04-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Every last one of us here are men in dresses!(Except those GG's!) We all look like what we are. That's not bad. Just different. Enjoy yourself Hun. Remember. We don't want to look too good because the GG's will get jealous. You know how they are!;) Oh those women!

Love
Jeannie

PS. We do have better legs though!Ooops! I hope no GG's see this or I'm dead!:)
Tee hee, yeah your dead. Only thing is in my case its true. AWWWWWWW im not really jealous but I could scratch your eyes out.
BEVxxxxx

Bev06 GG
04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks for listening
Barb
Barb,
It happens to all of us, its the CAMERA, they are just so crap sometimes at catching our natural beauty. Believe me I have thrown mine at the wall on many an occassion. Just enjoy yourself, if you looked in the mirror and liked what you saw then go with that.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Julie Avery
04-15-2006, 01:00 PM
I think I know exactly how you feel, Barb.

I just try to play the hand I've been dealt they best way I can.

I may look silly, but I feel pretty, I feel feminine, it touches something very near the center of all that I am, and I'll take that over drab any old time.

Star
04-15-2006, 01:17 PM
It happens to me too. When I am dressing and looking the mirror I see myself beautiful. A picture show a different story. As someone said "we are what we are."

Joy Carter
04-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Like it was put to me early on in this forum have fun with this side of your self find others who like to socialize and enjoy you femininity. As long as you project your self as a quality person who cares about thier appearance people will have a positive opion of you as a person.

Hugs and more Hugs to you Barb

ericalynne
04-15-2006, 06:47 PM
men in dresses...i THINK NOT...in our hearts and souls we are women...we always were and we always shall be

carol ann
04-15-2006, 07:01 PM
You just have to keep trying and finding something a little more feminine each week. the skin toners, moisturisers, working on the breasts and the figure, watching the diet. its amazing if you think feminine you gradually become more feminine

Lauren Richards
04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
It is not how the photos look that matter. It is how you feel. Keep on feeling good about yourself, and the photos will come along.

Daintre
04-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Julie, your reply hit the nail on the head for me. I know that I will never pass in public, but my dressing means so much to me. When I dress I feel something very warm deep inside. :happy:

Jennaie
04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Barb:

We all have to deal with those feelings. Most of the time I don't even want to look in the mirror. HUGS.

paulaN
04-15-2006, 09:11 PM
been their and done that. I'd still like to see your photos. I would bet that most of us would say hay not bad girl, not bad at all. It's the feeling fem part that is the most important. keep on gurlen.

EricaCD
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
My first 6 pics were truly horrible. In fact, probably my first 600 were hideous. The guy-in-a-dress feeling comes through frequently in photos even when other pics from the set turn out well. Do not be disappointed and don't give up! (Assuming that looking feminine in photos is a goal you want to achieve.)

First of all, plan on being unimpressed with the vast majority of the photos you take. I plan on keeping about one pic out of every 20 I take. Even when taking pics as a guy I only like they way I look about 25% of the time. Get a digital camera (if you don't have one already) so that you don't go broke developing film, and take zillions of pics.

If you have a series where you don't like how you look, then when you have a quiet moment take another look and see if you can figure out what exactly you don't like. Figure bad? Pose not at all feminine? Makeup too heavy? Then on the next pic attempt you will have something to think about addressing.

I will bet that you will be very pleasantly surprised with the improvement in about 7 photo sessions. Keep it up and let us know how it turns out!

Erica

Barb Valentine
04-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi Ladies
I would to thank you all for all your support ( it makes my feel so much better)
I decided just not to take any more picture (too depressing)
Because it how I feel not how I look that matters

Thanks again
Love you all
Barb

barbaracd
04-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi Barb, I always feel very sexy when i put on my female attire but I don't think I could out and pass, but that's alright as long as I feel that I'm sexy and enjoy the way i look to myself. It's a great feeling.

JoAnnDallas
04-20-2006, 08:58 AM
One thing I have noticed is I can see a difference between what I see in the mirror and what I see after I take a photo. I have taken a photo, printed it on my photo printer, then hold it up so I can look at it and my reflection in the mirror and there is a difference. I see a BIG difference in my makeup. Looking in the mirror I will not see many imperfections, but looking at the photo, I can see tons of imperfections.

Mabey it is the resolution of the camera, or how the flash highlights areas, or mabey the color of the flash. I once tried taking pictures without the flash and still noticed a difference. Mabey it is how I applie my makeup, but I think it has to do with the color balance of the picture.

I can also take the same photo file and with some graphic software fix the imperfections and then the resulting photo looks a lot closer to what I see in the mirror.

So don't let it get you down that your photo's don't seem to reflect what you see in the mirror.