PDA

View Full Version : CD question: How important is looking sexy to u?

docrobbysherry
09-09-2023, 04:39 PM
I ask CD's because they don't dress all the time. So, we can take the time and make the effort to look really pretty whenever we dress. Hot even, should we care to!:battingeyelashes:

I understand "sexy" is a subjective term. U can debate or explain what it means to u if u like?:heehee:

U may comment on whether u dress for yourself and/or others also?:hugs:

Or, anything else about "dressing sexy" that pops into your mind! :eek:

CharlotteCD
09-09-2023, 04:49 PM
Sexy? If I'm feeling that way inclined then yes, I would like to feel sexy and look sexy.

99% of the time I wanted to simply pass and that means being functional, fashionable or comfortable.

I'd rather pass than be sexy any day of the week. After all, once the clothes come off you're looking at a 200lbs 6ft5 "bloke".

Raychel
09-09-2023, 04:54 PM
For me I have no desire at all to dress sexy.
I just dress the way I feel most comfortable.

Not like anyone is ever going to see me anyways.

audreyinalbany
09-09-2023, 05:33 PM
if by 'sexy' you mean 'sexually attractive or alluring,' then for me the answer is never. I like present as a reasonably good looking older woman, not necessary as sexually desirable to males

EmilyShy
09-09-2023, 06:15 PM
Lol. I just grab any opportunity to dress. If it's sexy or pass then that's a win but most of the time it's a quick hour here or there and I take what I can get if that makes sense

Sandi Beech
09-09-2023, 06:21 PM
I suppose you could classify my attire as an attempt to look sexy for lack of a better description. I can not really explain why I do it to be totally honest, but I know I like the thrill and attention I get. It is pretty addictive. It is not like I am out of place with my attire at some clubs. You would be surprised at what I have seen women wear at times. The thing is, I think we are alike in some ways. Still I realize I am in the minority here, but I have had some really fun times. A few were not so great but that was because I had too much to drink. Now I put strict limits on how many drinks I have and that completely corrected itself. I have to say, the number of hugs I have gotten, mostly from women, but even some men, is pretty staggering. That is just not happening at outings to go shopping etc.

The bottom line is that i would say looking sexy is pretty important to me. I have no complaints. It works for me ; )

Sandi

BLUE ORCHID
09-09-2023, 07:21 PM
I love everything from Casual to supper Sexy,

TheHiddenMe
09-09-2023, 07:31 PM
It's not so much to look sexy---other people decide that--but I want to FEEL sexy.

Not every time, but with my dressier stuff, I definitely want to feel sexy.

JulieC
09-09-2023, 07:57 PM
There are times when I crossdress that I feel sexy, but I would seriously ever doubt that I look sexy. When I feel sexy, the last thing I want to do is look in a mirror, because I think I look hideous as a woman. It would certainly deflate my self perception at that point.

What I don't want to do is look hideous to my wife. I'm sure I don't look well, but what matters is like yesterday, when she came home. I was fully crossdressed, and she hugged me very warmly a few times through the evening. That's what matters.

Becky Bloodstone
09-09-2023, 10:52 PM
I hope that I look somewhat attractive, though I don't think that I do. In pictures I can fool the camera and look better than I actually do though.

Karren H
09-10-2023, 12:00 AM
For me it is everything about dressing. If they weren't sexy I don't think I would have grown my breasts let alone keep buying all this lingerie. Really think as I get older that I am trying to hold on to or create the feminine youth I never had.

Lucy W
09-10-2023, 12:23 AM
I know I don't exactly look sexy :weep::weep: but i do feel sexy in my bra and panties or my basque.
i just wish i started my journey a lot earlier when i was a teenager that way i would have been a lot more feminine but i can't turn back the clock i have to deal with what i have now.

Mary Loo
09-10-2023, 01:30 AM
I’ll reply to this one. I always want to FEEL sexy. As a standard heterosexual cross dresser it is a large part of what hooked me on cross dressing to begin with, especially in my youth, and still continues today. Now whether I look sexy or not is a different issue. I think so in my own mind, at least when dressed well, but it IS subjective and I am sure others might disagree.

To more accurately answer your question, yes, it is fairly important to me, but moreso to look “feminine” which to me is inherently sexy. Meaning I don’t dress in clothing that is overly sexy, just nice dresses and such that in MY mind IS sexy by definition. I don’t TRY to dress “sexy” or wear things over the top. Then again all my dressing is only for me and only at home so I am the only audience and really the only opinion that matters, but truly the only opinion at all!

Debbie Denier
09-10-2023, 02:58 AM
Not as important as feeling sexy. As others have said its all in ones mind by creating the right illusion.

Helen_Highwater
09-10-2023, 03:33 AM
I never dress especially if going out to look sexy. Dressing mutton as lamb springs to mind. If I can appear as a well dressed older, confident woman then I'll take that.

Alice Dore
09-10-2023, 05:58 AM
No, not important to me. I wear what I like on that particular day, sometimes loose, sometimes more tight. Sometimes jeans othertimes skirt or dress. I guess I like cuter clothes more than others but in no way that means sexy for me.

Angela Marie
09-10-2023, 09:33 AM
Sexy? MMM at 69 I think I do pretty well but sexy is not a description I would use. I would look a bit out of place. Oh for the days of yore lol.

April Rose
09-10-2023, 11:53 AM
I am with Mary Loo on this. I try to look as feminine as I can, and there is something inherently sexy in that. But it is about being ladylike and youthful, or at least as youthful as an old tranny like me can be.

sometimes_miss
09-10-2023, 12:45 PM
Despite arguments to the contrary, most female clothing is designed to be 'sexy'; that is, to accentuate the differences in a sexually physically mature female figure, and draw attention to that, in the perspective of a heterosexual male's eyes. I know, I know, lots of women demand that we accept that 'We don't dress for a man, we dress for ourselves!' but somehow, both styles of dressing seem to almost always wind up being the very same thing.
So I can't say that I dress to feel sexy. I dress to support the illusion of being female, because that's what part of my mind tells me I'm supposed to be. Even though that's incorrect, it's stuck in my mind. So I have to live with it, and the easiest way to relieve the disagreement in my head over what I am, and what I think I'm supposed to be, is to provide myself with as many of the visual, physical, auditory, scent, etc., sensations that support the 'I'm a girl' feeling. While it's not about sex, perhaps if I actually was a girl, it might be.

docrobbysherry
09-10-2023, 12:56 PM
Just to remind folks that I directed this post toward CD's who only need to dress occasionally and therefore tend to dress to the 9's!:battingeyelashes:

Where as trans and other girls who go out dressed often have neither the time, energy, or desire to dress that way. When blending is your main goal? Sexy may be the LAST thing on your mind when getting dressed!:devil:

BrendaPDX
09-10-2023, 01:31 PM
When I dress I dress to look pretty not sexy, so I usually don't pass because women here dress for comfort. Nice jeans, tee shirt, and sneakers if I want to blend. But what's the fun in that.

OrdinaryAverageGuy
09-10-2023, 03:08 PM
I am CD, not trans. I like to dress sexy, but it's really more ****tty, (misspelling intentional to try to keep the word there). I think I'm sexy, but I also know that I'm not, because I'm a realist.

When I truly dress to blend, it's usually because I'm not CDing at all, but rather taking my family to the sports bar. Lee Rider jeans, sometimes a woman's cut t-shirt (sometimes a men's shirt), toe ring and anklet, always panties or thongs (it's all I own any more). I've travelled many times in leggings. Just trying to push the envelope a little.

As to the OP though, and the addendum a couple of posts up, when I dress to the 9's it's really only to maybe the 5's since I don't do makeup or try in any way to look like a woman. Still like to believe I look sexy, even though I don't.

[edit] guess I didn't fool the bad word censor algorithm. Maybe "tarty"?

Fiona_44
09-10-2023, 07:00 PM
I live full time and usually dress like a pretty, stylish middle-aged woman. But there are times when I do dress sexy, sometimes when casually dressed, more often when dressed up.

JennyOpalstar1
09-10-2023, 08:55 PM
Interesting topic...

Well, looking "sexy" is a wonderful goal, I guess. When I get the chance to dress en femme, partially or 100%, I love the feeling of the breast forms moving and jiggling as I walk. When I get the time, I love the look of painted /press-on nails. The feel and the fit of the clothing, the stockings, etc....it is all part of a wonderful exploratory freedom for me. I suppose that when I see the feminine forms/outlines on myself, there is a rise in adrenaline and dopamine.
Given all this, I am not sure whether I am staving off my particular flavour of gender/body dysphoria, or whether I'm trying to finish exploring just what my version of being a "man" is.
As for being sexy....hrm...well, I guess that for the longest time, being somewhat unable to see/understand the social rules around me, I was never "sexy", by the definitions that I had at the time. That "I-am-a-troll-and-those-beautiful-girls-are-either-mocking/pitying-me" was driven home pretty deeply into my poor confused male brain. "Sexy" meant having the same ability to draw positive attention to oneself as those (all) girls had. They had the social power at the time, and I did not feel I had any.
So...I guess that getting feminine shapes on my chest and feminine colours on my fingernails and face equals having "sexiness"...

[I think I've opened up another corner of m'brain here...hence the half-baked response here. <shrug> Our Journeys are all unique.]

;-)
Jenny O.

Kelli_cd
09-10-2023, 09:31 PM
I'd need to lose about 50 lbs if I wanted to even consider sexy!

AmyJordan
09-11-2023, 04:34 AM
Hi Its very important to me to try and look as pretty and as sexy as I possibly can. Maybe if I was trans and thought of myself as female it wouldn't be so important as inwardly I would feel like a woman but as a man I feel I must immerse myself completely to not feel strange if that makes any sense, besides this is the looks my wife loves and that's what is important

kimdl93
09-11-2023, 07:01 AM
I go for classy and stylish when I am not dressing casually.

Sabine7
09-11-2023, 07:31 AM
I am not fully sure about the meaning of the word sexy. To me it would mean successfully feminized or looking like a real woman.
A good looking mature woman is my ideal. I don't like the other side of the word meaning sexually provoking.
I guess half of my brain is female and that is why I feel an urge to dress as the woman. When en femme I feel completely like the woman, want to be the woman and I would remain in this state for ever if only possible.

Teresa.Smith.VA
09-11-2023, 10:19 AM
I don't dress to look or feel sexy. I do dress to blend. My wife has been a huge influence on how I look.

docrobbysherry
09-11-2023, 11:02 AM
Thanks for your post, Amy. Many of the girls hear don't understand what it feels like to NOT have an identifiable female inside.:sad:

So, if we can't feel like a woman at least we can feel the satisfaction of looking like one, rite?:daydreaming:

And while we're at it, why not present as our ideal woman? As pretty and sexy a woman as we can create!:battingeyelashes:

Stephanie47
09-11-2023, 11:05 AM
To me "sexy" is in the eye of the observer. It has more to do with the state of mind and actions than the clothes or makeup. The most recent (within the last decade) "sexy" woman I have seen was a petite strawberry blond getting out of the cab of a cement mixer wearing work boots, jeans, flannel shirt, vest and hard hat. See had the most beautiful smile I have seen in decades, other than my wife's. I've encountered many women who looked "sexy" by any standard, but then they opened their mouths and spoke.

Me? It's a knee length dress in a bright floral pattern and heels. I feel attractive and at ease as long as I stand twenty feet away from the sole full length mirror in the house.

Sandi Beech
09-11-2023, 01:09 PM
Just a follow up thought. I assumed your OP was referring to how we dress in public. I find it a bit odd that not many people jumped at the idea of trying to look sexy when they go out, but there are a LOT of posts and even pictures of people wearing lingerie and such in privacy. I know my wife never ran around the house in a bra, panties, thigh highs etc. Just look at the thread, what are you wearing now and many describe their underclothing in detail.

Some must like sexy more than the posts reflect.

Sandi

Cheryl T
09-11-2023, 03:15 PM
Well, at my age it's not important to look sexy any longer.
That was something that always pushed me years ago. Now, being older and more mature, I don't strive for sexy any longer. If it's a side benefit of all my effort now and then than I will accept it and revel in it.
Now more than anything I do my best to look pretty and hearing the occasional compliment in that vein is heart warming.

racquelr
09-11-2023, 06:03 PM
for me, if I'm "dressing up", it's all about looking sexy. I'm not going out, so I don't need to "blend in".
crossdressing is a fetish for me, not a lifestyle. I don't feel like a woman inside, but I like wearing women's clothes and looking like a woman.
So, when I'm dressing, I'm dressing to make myself look like a sexy woman (harder to do now with the weight I put back on, but I'm working on losing it again).
When I'm dressed up in wig, heels, and women's clothes, I want to be turned on by who I see in the mirror, otherwise, for me there's no point to it.

nancy58
09-11-2023, 07:39 PM
I dress for me. At 65, I believe looking sexy is way back down the road. Also, as I prefer women, I wouldn't want men hitting on me anyway.

docrobbysherry
09-11-2023, 07:41 PM
Racquel, I couldn't have said it any better!:hugs:

Snide_lobster
09-25-2023, 06:01 PM
Short answer yes, long answer I want to look as pretty as I can (so also yes).

Bea_
09-25-2023, 07:22 PM
When I look at genetic femaies, "sexy" has such a wide range of expression that it's hard to define. I wear things that give me the feeling for myself of what I feel when looking at an attractive woman. I look in the mirror and will never "look" sexy in the way that I see a woman looking sexy. I like the way I look in my pics and in the mirror, but it's not at all the same way I look at a woman. It feels sexy, no matter how it looks.

There is nothing in my men's wardrobe that could ever make me feel sexy.

Emily in the south
09-25-2023, 09:42 PM
Yes, all part of the fun for me..
On a scale of 1 to 10, 11

Emily

mbmeen12
09-26-2023, 01:22 AM
U may comment on whether u dress for yourself and/or others also

Absolutely, it 50 percent of the process, the other is being passable....

Kelli_cd
09-26-2023, 01:37 PM
Sexy isn't all that important. Feeling pretty is most important to me.

MarinaTwelve200
09-26-2023, 04:14 PM
"Feeling Pretty" is the thing for me too, although I CAN look "Sexy" from some photo angles and right outfits--- That DON'T show what I lack or what I shouldn't have. ;)

Stephanie Michelle
09-26-2023, 04:28 PM
I know I will never look sexy. But I feel sexy when I dress, that what matters to me.

Lisa Gerrie
09-26-2023, 06:34 PM
I bought and enjoyed some sexy things when I was younger. Donated it all a long time ago because when I went to my closet and dresser to pick an outfit, I never seemed to choose them. Now I go for all-day comfort.

Heather76
09-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Dress to look sexy? At 78 you have to be kidding. Now, I know you use a body suit and mask so you can look like anyone from Marilyn Monroe to the Hunchback of Natre Dame if you want. I am stuck using my old face covered with enough makeup to cover the age spots and a few other blemishes. But, I still have the wrinkles the Good Lord has helped me get. I still have legs loaded with spider veins which are reasonably covered by nylons or the legs on jeans. I have a heavier body (not grotesquely fat) so I can't pull off a 36C/26/26 body. I believe I can pull off a 44DD/37/42 body. So no, sexy isn't even a consideration. A reasonably preserved grandmother would be something I'd like to achieve.

When out in public, one of the best compliments I could get is if nobody notices anything odd about that older lady they just walked by. Also, if a SA addressed me as "Ma'am" when first noticing me I would be ecstatic. To blend is a good thing for me.

Mary Loo
09-26-2023, 11:33 PM
I already replied once earlier, but I, too, wanted to say Racquel made an excellent post.

I am not necessarily all about the sexy, but yes, I am the only one the image in the mirror is trying to impress and to thus look and therefore FEEL sexy. Again it doesn’t necessarily mean overly sexy, just nicely feminine apparel, accessories, and gestures do that for me.

prene
09-27-2023, 03:19 AM
I dress feminine just to blend in.
Depending on where I am may be dressing a little more sexy but not much.
But to me having a feminine body is sexy

Patience
09-28-2023, 12:38 AM
As people's circumstances will vary, the ability to pull off a sexy look will vary as well.

For those who can pull it off, I see sexiness as a byproduct of how well they're put together, not an end goal in and of itself.

People who try too hard to be sexy run the risk of crossing the line into $lut!ness, which is fine if that's what they're going for. Sexiness is more classy and understated, imo.

Giddy
09-28-2023, 11:09 AM
I just want to be passable. My desire to look pretty, is for myself only, not to attract or excite others.

jacques
09-29-2023, 03:19 PM
Hello,
I always think I look sexy ... I just remember to keep away from any mirrors.
Luv J

Sherry Ann Evans
09-29-2023, 05:36 PM
I dress up and go out once every few months. My primary goal is always to be passable. But yes, a secondary goal is to look cute!!! There's no shame in admitting it. :) If a guy checks me out, it's very affirming.

docrobbysherry
09-29-2023, 08:29 PM
I guess Great Sherrys think alike!?:heehee:

Patience
09-30-2023, 12:39 AM
...but are you sweet or dry?

Amontillado? :D

docrobbysherry
09-30-2023, 12:40 PM
For sipping this Sherry prefers a Port, Patience!:heehee:

AllieBellema
10-01-2023, 07:34 AM
I like the idea of being passable, but I don't really do "sexy"... so not really important to me.

Claire M
10-01-2023, 08:18 AM
I dress to feel and look like a natural, "authentic" woman .. never too over the top and appropriate for where ever I'm planning to go. While I probably get clocked by my face and body characteristics, I try not to let the outfit give me away. I'm WAYY to old for miniskirts and don?t want to be the only woman at the grocery store in 5-inch heels. That said, even though "sexy" is usually not my goal (well OK, maybe a little!!!), when I get my outfit and makeup feeling just right, I sometimes catch myself smiling back at the sexy woman inches mirror!!