PDA

View Full Version : A long and winding road

SiobhanUK
09-11-2023, 01:17 PM
So here i am at 42 and at a bit of a crossroads in my life with regards to whether or not Siobhan is a temporary measure that can be brought out as and when or is she my future!

Where i work is a broad mix of male and female, different ethinicities and backgrounds so as to how any kind of response to a colleague coming out as trans and potentially transitioning will provoke quite a varied reaction across the board. Not withstanding where i work is also extremely customer facing (public transport) so i will be fighting some aspects of an uphill battle for acceptance. To that end in the last week i've chosen to come out to a few of my female friends and colleagues (will build up to the blokes lol).

The first was my best friend Rachel and over a phone call last week i just said i want to send you a picture and see what you say. Her response was so nonchalant 'ok, that's cool. Does she have a name' that it blew me away and we chatted a bit more on the phone and i said, you can ask me anything and her next question was 'What size boobs do you have, they better not be bigger than mine?' I couldn't have asked for a cooler, more disarming question and as it went on i never thought i'd ever have an outloud chat where i said the word vaginoplasty! lol

So back at work this morning and i thought no time like the present to talk to some others and first up was Clare (who is like a mum to me), phone comes out. I bring up a tasteful photo of me and just show it. She has a good stare and just looks up and says 'so who's this then, new girlfriend?' i just replied, no that's me. Next thing i know i'm getting a big hug and we're settling down to long chat about this, that and the other whilst i try to explain what i think might be going on with me. Her conclusion, 'Be who you need to be, we're all here for you and find your path'. I couldn't have wished for such great initial reactions.

Now i know that future reveals and such like will not always be so easy but at least the initial getting things off of my chest has gone ok. So as i search for a path that suits, whatever that is. I've survived day one (if we can call it that).

Sorry for the war and peace but just feel i needed to tell some other ladies how it's potentially starting for me.

Aunt Kelly
09-11-2023, 03:43 PM
It's early days, of course, but what you've shared so far seems encouraging. Good luck on your journey, Siobhan.

Christie ann
09-11-2023, 11:46 PM
It’s a great beginning. Take it slow, move forward and be true to yourself.

mbmeen12
09-12-2023, 03:30 AM
I'm glad you had a break through...

bridget thronton
09-12-2023, 08:06 AM
Your post is not long at all and I enjoy reading about how people are finding acceptance among their friends and family. Good luck as you follow the call of your path.

ClaudineD
09-12-2023, 01:20 PM
Take the small steps with confidence in the growing support. Surround yourself with the positive vibes and just adapt and overcome the negative ones.

Di
09-13-2023, 08:22 AM
Sounds promising.
I know my friend was advised to keep a journal. It really helped her keep a record of feelings and thoughts and things we’re developing and evolving.

Shelly Preston
09-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Hi Siobhan,

I have known two people who also worked in customer facing jobs.

Both actually went a step further and actually appeared in a TV documentary.

Both Transitioned and never seem to have difficulties they could not overcome.

They are both in the UK.

Debbie Denier
10-09-2023, 09:47 AM
What a heartwarming story Siobhan. You have wonderful friends and colleagues .Good luck for the future whatever path you choose to take.

JenniferZ2009
10-12-2023, 03:58 AM
Im so happy for you. Glad that went well. Wish you many more good days!!