PDA

View Full Version : Best day ever!!!

Robyn16
09-13-2023, 01:39 PM
So yesterday I went to get my nails done (guy mode), so as I was waiting for my appointment I looked around there place , they sell women's clothes and footwear there as well, so I was looking at some shoes and the lady that works there asked me "would you like to try them on", that opened the floodgates, ended up buying an open toe sandal (really cute). then she asked me if I was interested in trying some clothing, of course I said yes, I went to my nail appointment and then came back to look at clothing. she had started putting some things aside that she thought I may be interested in, because of time restrictions (they were closing )I told her I would be back the next day(today as I write this ) and I would be dressed as Robyn. I went back and tried on so many dresses, skirts, tops, jeans, I absolutely loved it, ended up buying a blue dress( above knees), a light brown kinda maxi skirt and top that goes with the skirt, pair of jean with button fly (really fit nice, skinny jeans)
There were other customers as I was there trying on different things, was complimented from other customers and staff, not once did I receive any negative comments, was told I looked beautiful in many outfits I tried on, by staff and other customers. I then leaned over to the sales lady and because she knows I'm genetically male I whispered "do you think I would pass" and she looked at me and said " are you kidding me, you are beautiful, nobody would have a clue unless you told them. She asked me how long I have been on HRT and i told her I wasn't on anything.
I then went to Winners, (mostly a clothing store) totally dressed in my new skirt and top with new sandals, had to walk through the mall to get to the entrance of winners, not one negative experience, went to the lady's areas and started looking at dresses and bras, etc.. was standing right next to other customers looking at clothes and not one negative thing at all, even went to the ladies dressing room to try on 4 outfits (ended up buying 1 out of the 4)
Like I said in the title Best Day Ever!!!

p.s. next time out its to Walmart :-)

Sandi Beech
09-13-2023, 01:55 PM
Good for you. Just imagine what you would have missed out on if not for taking that first step. There is nothing like it

Sandi

Crissy 107
09-13-2023, 02:07 PM
Robyn, Congrats on such a great day!
BTW, I love your signature

Diane P
09-13-2023, 02:49 PM
Congratulations Robyn! Glad to hear you had such a great time. Looking at your avatar if I saw you in the mall I would think you were just another woman shopping. So yes you pass!

kimdl93
09-13-2023, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a great experience all around.

Robyn16
09-13-2023, 04:18 PM
Hi Diane, it's funny how that by wearing makeup and a wig change can alter appearance, I recently got a new long blonde wig and at times I can see a Britney Spears kinda vibe at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sandy, that's so true, if that first step wouldn't have happened it would have been a totally different day. Hi Crissy, thanks, that signature I seen that somewhere on the web and liked it as well. Hi Kimdle, it was literally such a wonderful experience, Im thinking a lot more to follow.

alwayshave
09-13-2023, 07:17 PM
Robyn, It's great that you had so much acceptance at the nail salon and other places.

docrobbysherry
09-13-2023, 07:44 PM
Robyn, it's possible u r a CD unicorn? That is a dresser that actually passes!:eek:

But, even those dressers that mite pass, most won't if they have to speak.:sad:

Now that you've experienced going out dressed at vanilla venues and enjoyed the experience? I suggest u go out as often as u like! And, instead of looking for that one negative look or comment? Continue to count the number of vanilla supporters u meet!:hugs:

Tip or Ozma
09-13-2023, 08:06 PM
Similar experience while getting a makeup session with my wife along with me while fully dressed and out for the first time--best birthday present and day ever!

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2023, 08:56 PM
Hi Robyn :hugs:, That is a fantastic Story, and you are very Lovely, >Orchid**0:daydreaming:0**

siva
09-13-2023, 09:26 PM
Robyn, Congratulations on the best day

bridget thronton
09-14-2023, 12:47 AM
A great day indeed - thanks for sharing

Melony1968
09-14-2023, 08:04 AM
Congratulations Robyn. Sounds like you had fun

Fiona_44
09-14-2023, 03:20 PM
Nice story about a great day Robyn.

Heather76
09-14-2023, 04:06 PM
You had a day many of us dream about having. Congratulations.

Robyn16
09-14-2023, 06:35 PM
Hi Jamie, yes definitely so much acceptance, the blending in is an actual dream, Hi Doc, I guess I'm a unicorn :-) , my voice is borderline but can be tweaked to be more to the feminine side, I don't think it will be much of a stretch, just practice. Hi tip , so glad to hear you had a great birthday experience out as well. Hi Blue Orchid, thank you for the compliment , you're so sweet. Thank you Siva, Melony, Bridget, Fiona, and Heather for your kind replies

Connie D50
09-17-2023, 07:46 AM
Can't beat shopping dressed, sounds like you had a great time.