PDA

View Full Version : Department store fanatasy

Lisa Gerrie
09-23-2023, 12:53 PM
When I was a kid I'd fantasize about hiding in a department store at closing time, and spending the whole night trying on clothes, makeup, etc. Apparently I'm not the only one, because in my life I've seen three newspaper articles* about people who actually did it. In one case, they somehow had a whole weekend.

Lisa

* That's how long ago this was, newspapers and stores with no alarm systems.

CharlotteCD
09-23-2023, 01:47 PM
I've had this dream many a time, for a multitude of reasons - from playing with the toys to getting dolled up.

Maria 60
09-23-2023, 04:51 PM
I always remember when I would walk with my wife in a big department store and follow her through the racks and so many times I would tell my wife what I wouldn't do to have 1 night alone in the store and just go crazy trying everything on.

Melissa73
09-23-2023, 05:16 PM
I actually had the same dream, but the store was open.going from the dressing room to the racks as I tried on clothes. Leaving my male clothes in the dressing room. It felt so real, I didn't realize I was dreaming

Princess Chantal
09-23-2023, 06:20 PM
I had the department store dreams a number of times between the time I tried on the first pair of pantyhose as a kid and my first time going out in public dressed. Haven’t had it since. The dream was always just focused mainly on trying on hosiery.

mykell
09-23-2023, 06:46 PM
yes after the movie mannaquin....had that fantasy many times....would still be fun today....

BobbiKay
09-23-2023, 07:46 PM
Not a department store, but... A few years ago I had a series of gigs updating the technology in several branches of a women's specialty shop. It was an overnight gig, and I was the only one there. There was an hour or so where I had nothing to do, waiting for the computers to update themselves. I was forbidden from trying on the merch. But I would bring in a big box of my poundage store purchases and try them on in the fitting room area, get a look at them in the triple mirror, and sort out the items to keep from the ones to re-donate. It was fun. And I knew for a fact that they didn't have CCTV cameras or a DVR, so noone else was the wiser.

So it was overnight, but not a dream.

Karren H
09-23-2023, 08:28 PM
Yep yep yep! Same dream! Apparently we all have been abducted by the same aliens!

Sometimes Steffi
09-23-2023, 10:35 PM
OMG. The exact same dream, with a little twist.

When I was a kid, the store mannequins were much more realistic today. All the mannequins had wigs that I got to try on. Plus there was more makeup than any girl could imagine.

Once when I was all dressed up I saw a night security man walking his rounds and I ran as quietly as I could to hide in a dressing room until he passed.

I wonder if GMs ha a similar dream, but about getting locked up in a sporting goods store.

docrobbysherry
09-23-2023, 11:21 PM
No, never! But, I didn't even think about CDing until I was in my 50's. I wonder if anyone ever had a fantasy about trying on men's things all nite in a dept. store? Male or female?:straightface:

Besides, since I did all my fem shopping in thrift stores for 10 years, I could afford to buy ever single thing I thot I wanted!:daydreaming:
And, back then the thrifts carried WAY MORE styles than any dept. store!:devil:

Janette
09-24-2023, 05:46 AM
Oh yes, I had the same fantasy. It would have been a dream come true.

Emily in the south
09-24-2023, 06:04 AM
Never have I had that dream.. but wish I did.

Emily

Jillcder
09-24-2023, 06:23 AM
Great fantasy the thought of being locked overnight in my favorite department store surrounded by racks of pretty dresses and girly things is very exciting.

Crissy 107
09-24-2023, 06:52 AM
I think this may be something that is common for us as who here would not love to do that?
When going through a department store, when it is open of course, I always find a reason to go through the lingerie department :)

Karren H
09-24-2023, 09:21 AM
I do that too, Crissy! Unless the wife is along and she steers me away from the lingerie! Sigh!

Brenda Freeman
09-24-2023, 10:25 AM
Yes had that dream often. I remember going shopping with my mom a few times. I would wander and look around in the women's department while she was shopping. I was young no one gave me a second look. But I do remember vividly what was there on the racks and on the mannequins and dreamed of trying things on in the mirror. I was lucky years, decades later to go to the Dress Barn as I was going to model a couple outfits at a Tgirl event with Northwest Gender Alliance and the dress barn was sponsoring the fashion show. So the sales associate helping with the event walked me around the store and we picked out some options then she set me up with a dressing room and I tried on some outfits and she helped with the looks and kept bringing new things to try. It was so fun and she was so supportive and encouraging. I wish that was the norm as our money is the same. What a fun special memory and not a dream! I also might add she was at the fashion show to help us get ready and brought accessories jewelry to add to our outfits. First fashion show for me nervous as I walked out but what a wonderful experience.

JulieC
09-24-2023, 02:06 PM
I've day dreamed about being able to wander a large mall, full of women's clothing stores...and not a soul around for days. Never a regular dream, just a day dream.

Stephanie47
09-24-2023, 07:58 PM
Yes, guilt as charged. But, I have to throw in that I was recorded by the in-store security cameras and the female owner...................well, this is a PG site?

mbmeen12
09-24-2023, 11:36 PM
Sorry to be a buzz kill but no.

Gracefullyfemme
09-25-2023, 12:17 PM
When I was a teen I would intentionally walk through the women's lingerie department so I could be surrounded by beautiful nightgowns. I would go home fantasing about wearing such lovely items. Now I wear and sleep in them regularly ... pure BLISS.

SaraLin
09-26-2023, 04:58 AM
I suspect that it's a fairly common fantasy.
Mine is only slightly different. I imagined being a night watchman (the ONLY one) for the store. I could try on something new every night, and wear it for the entire shift if I liked it.

MysteryWoman
09-26-2023, 10:02 AM
I suspect that it's a fairly common fantasy.
Mine is only slightly different. I imagined being a night watchman (the ONLY one) for the store. I could try on something new every night, and wear it for the entire shift if I liked it.

My version is identical to yours

GJ81
09-26-2023, 12:17 PM
I don’t think I’ve had that fantasy but it sounds a lot of fun. I think a whole weekend would be better than just one night. So many things to try on, so little time.

Lacey New
09-27-2023, 07:19 AM
It was a fantasy of mine back in the 60s when department stores were full of wonderful silky lacy things such as slips and garter belts and stockings and pretty lingerie in pastel colors.

Gracefullyfemme
09-27-2023, 10:49 AM
Yes ... those were the days ... SIGH.

Robbiegirl
09-27-2023, 10:53 AM
Oh Yes as I would walk through the department stores I would always make sure to pass the intimate apparel area

Oh If I ever got locked into the department store this is where I would certainly find myself Trying on Everything LOL !!337869

linda booth
09-27-2023, 11:16 AM
I too had this fantasy. When I was older I drove past my favourite dept. store in my car at night. It was all lit up and full with cleaning staff. So much for the fantasy of being alone.

- - - Updated - - -

May favourite Twilight Zone is a story about a beautiful woman who's locked in a department store during the night. I've read that people find this story terrifying. I guess they're not crossdressers.

BrendaPDX
09-28-2023, 10:26 AM
No dream for me; but I can only wish!

ellbee
09-28-2023, 01:29 PM
Fantasizing about a department store? Heck, no! :thumbsdn:

In mine, I had the *whole mall* to myself, duh!!! :battingeyelashes: :roflmao:

Lacey New
09-29-2023, 10:11 AM
Oh Yes as I would walk through the department stores I would always make sure to pass the intimate apparel area

Oh If I ever got locked into the department store this is where I would certainly find myself Trying on Everything LOL !!337869

I?d like to be there as well!

alwayshave
09-30-2023, 05:44 AM
The department store fantasy is a pretty persistent fantasy with this girl. Oh, to be left alone to may own devices in the lingerie department.

Valeria M.
09-30-2023, 09:51 AM
Sigh. I went to the mall countless times during college with my girl school friends, in male cloths though. :sad:

Veronica Lacey
10-02-2023, 11:22 AM
Yes, similar fantasy but it involved an entire mega mall hopefully for a full day plus two nights which I suppose might only occur on Christmas Day. I'd scout out the mall a day or two prior to make notes on what stores were where and their offerings. During this shopping sojourn I'd leave a credit card imprint with the tags from anything I bought in an envelope at the register of each store so they could charge it the following business day. Anything purchased would go into a large rolling bin which I could roll to my car when done.

In this day and age the fantasy is upgraded to all stores having self checkout.

ellbee
10-04-2023, 09:42 AM
The department store fantasy is a pretty persistent fantasy with this girl. Oh, to be left alone...

Back when I used to have these (as a kid & teenager), eventually I grew bored with it all, being by myself.

So, I did the next logical thing: Included a group of girly-GG's I went to school with & was friendly-enough with, so we could do it as a group! :GD:

JohnH
10-04-2023, 10:12 AM
I never had such a department store dream fantasy of trying on women's garments. Rather I dreamed of being stark naked in grocery stores, looking frantically for paper towels and wrapping myself with them.

John

il.dso
10-04-2023, 03:52 PM
Yes, for sure, one of the MANY crossdressing dreams I have...

JohnH
10-04-2023, 05:27 PM
When I was a kid I'd fantasize about hiding in a department store at closing time, and spending the whole night trying on clothes, makeup, etc. Apparently I'm not the only one, because in my life I've seen three newspaper articles* about people who actually did it. In one case, they somehow had a whole weekend.

Lisa

* That's how long ago this was, newspapers and stores with no alarm systems.

How about a crossdresser's variation of Night at the Museum where the mannequins come to life? That might be called Night in the Department Store.

John

Sometimes Steffi
10-04-2023, 09:18 PM
I never had such a department store dream fantasy of trying on women's garments. Rather I dreamed of being stark naked in grocery stores, looking frantically for paper towels and wrapping myself with them.

John

I think that the rest of us had more fun with our fantasy than you did. try to fantasize again. You can still have fantasies when you're older.

JohnH
10-04-2023, 09:33 PM
I think I'm plenty old enough as a 71 year old geezer. :) :) :)

John

Rhonda Darling
10-04-2023, 09:37 PM
Not only is Steffie right, you can have directed dreams, where your semi-conscious steers your dreaming to any number of pre-imagined themes. As a youth, I did this all the time, and had a very dynamic dream realm that I anxiously anticipated returning to each day. Imagine/daydream about what you want, and enjoy it in your dreams.

jacques
10-05-2023, 08:32 AM
Hello Lisa,
to be told to fill a shopping trolley with women's clothes for free would be my fantasy... or is that just the pink fog returning?
luv J

JenniferR771
10-05-2023, 01:58 PM
Oh yes!
Jobless and just out of college. I applied for several temporary jobs in my small town. One of them was night clean up at a small women's department store.
But...I thought...this could be trouble--temptation. And besides there were other people working nights--preparing new stock and office bookwork. So...no...took another job, at a hotel.

Sometimes Steffi
10-05-2023, 04:44 PM
I forgot all about it, but one high school I worked in Shipping and Receiving in a local warehouse for a women's clothing store. One of my jobs was to pack up (women's) clothing to send back to the manufacturer. I got to hold all of this sexy women's clothing, fold it up neatly and pack it in a shipping box. The hardest part of that job was pretending that I didn't like that job too much.

JohnH
10-05-2023, 11:13 PM
Not only is Steffie right, you can have directed dreams, where your semi-conscious steers your dreaming to any number of pre-imagined themes. As a youth, I did this all the time, and had a very dynamic dream realm that I anxiously anticipated returning to each day. Imagine/daydream about what you want, and enjoy it in your dreams.

I guess for me the idea of being in the women's section of a department store does not excite me. But in the winter I love to dream about being on the beach with water lapping on the shore.

John

Staci
10-08-2023, 08:49 PM
I also am one of those who never had that dream. But now that I?ve read all these responses I?ll probably have that dream tonight. Let?s hope.

Karen G
10-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Hi Lisa! Yes it sounds like a dream! Of course I've fantasize about that too. I would be even better doing it with friends like you gals!

amykwanishere
10-17-2023, 10:33 AM
Ever since Amazon existed, I stopped having fantasies about department stores.

However, going to Forever21 and Windsor still gets me excited.

JohnH
10-17-2023, 12:10 PM
I also do my shopping at Amazon. For the most part the clothes I ordered fit me, except a bra which did not supply enough side support.
At one time I got bras from Walmart but it's more convenient to zero in my bra size, 40 DD, at Amazon instead of having to rifle through all the different bra sizes at Walmart.
Unlike most genetic women I don't like to mosey about in a store; I want to get my items immediately and get out of the store as quickly as possible. And that even includes Lowes and Home Depot that have the items I'm most interested in.
So I guess why I don't dream about being in the women's section of department stores.

John

Jessica Secret
10-17-2023, 02:59 PM
I had that same fantasy Lisa, especially when it came to the lingerie department.