PDA

View Full Version : Deidra does a straight bar.

Deidra Cowen
04-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Friday evening after dropping the kids at sleepovers I found myself with no plans but with unexpected 'enfemme' time on my hands. I went with a pair of jeans and a simple white blouse with lace...later it would prove lucky that I went with a 'blend in with the GGs type outfit!'

I decided spur of the moment to go check out Le Buzz. It is a gay bar relatively close to where I live yet I had not been there for several months. None of my friends however were going so it was kinda like my early days of going out enfemme...Deidra on her own!

Had a couple of drinks and chatted with a nice gay guy at the bar then moved into the main room to watch the drag show. Sarah this really sharp Tgirl who I had not seen since New Years eve showed up and came and sat with me. We caught up on things and I found out why I had not seen her. She hangs most weekends at a straight bar up in Kennesaw.

After watching a couple of the Drag Queens doing their routines Sarah said "You want to go to Diamond Dave's?" (The Straight Bar) I said "Sure!" and off we went. I have to admit I was nervous driving over, this was really my first time in a straight bar as Deidra. Its a typical suburban bar and resturant, well...actually its a piano bar and steak house.

We walk in, and there is a big crowd! But I immediately notice that lots of people know Sarah and warmly greet her. I was impressed frankly and more comfortable right away about agreeing to go with her.

We mainly hug around the dance floor and danced a bunch. Lots of GGs knew Sarah and were constantly dancing with us or having conversations. A few guys were nice too but most guys just steered clear of us. I had two of the GGs tell me that they really thought trannies were cool and that we were very brave to just do what we wanted and go out! That made me feel good.

But I will not mislead you! A lot of the people in the place were watching us, we were beyond any doubt the center of attention if not the chief form of entertainment at that point. <<giggle>> I would catch people at tables looking at us but more often than not they had smiles on their faces and seemed to enjoy us.

It was a fun evening and the whole thing drove home the point to me that we Tgirls are cheating ourselves by just going to the gay bars where we feel safe.

I was talking to Sarah and she had a great point. She said people just seem happier and a better atmosphere is going on at the Straight Bars. Gay gays that makeup the large majority of the crowds at most the clubs Tgirls go to are kinda of dour and seem down about things. (I must say however Lesbians are just the opposite) I agreed with her about that and also thought it was really impressive that she had carved out a place for herself at that place.

I am going to keep hanging out with my Tgirl friends at our fav gay clubs and bars but I do think I am going to branch out and try more places like Diamond Dave's. Hopefully some more with Sarah who is intelligent, pretty and has a unbelievable outgoing personality.

I did not have a camera with me and besides that at a regular bar people are not running around taking pics every couple of minutes like we Tgirls do at our normal haunts!!! <<giggle>> Therefore, I snapped a quick pic when I got home for my blog and this post.

Its three in the morning, my makeup is starting to give way, have bags under my eyes and they are bloodshot. But hopefully you can tell I was happy after a big adventure with Sarah. :D

Bev06 GG
04-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Well Deidra,
U look a whole lot better than I do at 3am in the morning, Im a cross between a hedgehog and a wierwolf. Tee hee
BEVxxxx

Julie Avery
04-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Enquiring CD's need to know, were Visine eyedrops required to make those pretty eyes as white as they are? :p

paulaN
04-15-2006, 12:55 PM
that is great. wish I had some friends like that in my neck of the woods that I could go out with. heck the nearest gay bar that I know of is three hours away. their must be one in bangor but I don't now where. anyway keep on gurlin.

Deidra Cowen
04-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Enquiring CD's need to know, were Visine eyedrops required to make those pretty eyes as white as they are? :p

They are not that white heck they are red... but yes I use Visine! Mascari for some reason mildly irratates my eyes regardless of the brand or how carefully I apply it. But I tend to manage to overcome it with eye drops. Of course drinking and smoking don't help on a night like Fri!

Bev looking at your photo and reading that you are makeup artist makes me doubt that you look like a weirwolf at 3 in the morning! Well....actually maybe you do look like a beautiful weirwolf! There was a full moon last night I noticed..... <<<giggle>>>

Shelly Preston
04-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi Diedra

Nice to know you had such a wonderful time.

Tina Dixon
04-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Reading your adventures sure makes me want to take a chance on the out side:(

Zelda Noe
04-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi Deidra :wave2:

Thanks for sharing this cool story about being out with your friend. It is always comforting to be out with those cds who are really confident. I've only been out in public twice over a 3-4 year period, and the last time was back in 2004. My knees were knocking. Thankfully my friend who was TS, was confident in public and that helped calm me down. Not one person said anything negative to either one of us all night. We went to an indoor mall and watched a movie the second time out. I knew people were staring at me in public but I heard no sneers or laughter. The first time out was a little different, we walked 6 blocks outside to a hair salon. Passed a group of those dreaded teenagers down the sidewalk, got laughed at. Oh well, chalk it up to experience. My first time read, my first time laughed at. Was way too nervous that time though. Would consider doing it again, but only if I was with a group and knew we could be in a safe place like the bar you guys visited.

Glad you had Sarah to be with you. She sounds like a neat T-girl friend.

Smiles, Dandy:happy: ;)

Gail Stauffer
04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
sounds like you had fun, good for you, glad you enjoyed your time out!!

Amelie
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Good for you Deidra. I'm glad that you had fun.

When I lived in NYC I rarely went to gay clubs, I only went to gay clubs to see friends performing.

I don't think a club in NYC could be labeled totally straight, but I went to clubs that had a wide mix of people. I liked the diversity of a mixed crowd, the mixed clubs were a lot more fun. I didn't let people dictate which club I would go to, I went to any club in NYC that I wanted, well, ones that were fun.

Patty
04-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Diedra
It was so good to read your story about last night.
Yes my knees would be knocking also. You look good for 3am.