PDA

View Full Version : New nails!

DanaJ
11-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone! I just went for my nail appointment last night and I just thought I'd share some pix with you. To me, getting your nails done is one of the most feminine activities you can do - I love it!

Anyway, without further ado - here is a pic of my hands....

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

DanaJ

DanaJ
11-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Here is a pic of my toesies :) The color is "Spitfire" by China Glaze

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

DanaJ

Wendy me
11-06-2004, 09:33 AM
veary nice thay look so good

DanaJ
11-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Boy - I must be having some major blond moments this morning! Anyway, here is a pic of my new shoes. I love these, I finally found a pair of shoes that I will wear all the time....

DanaJ

P.S. I have an appointment next week for a leg wax, to get rid of that hair - yuck!

babe4life
11-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Dana! Yeeehaaawwww!!!

Very nice indeed. Nice colour. Love the shoes ;). But then, I knew I would :D

Love,
Vicky

Fiona K
11-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Lovely Dana,
Subtle colour!!! It must be a lot of fun to be pampered like that!
Fiona
XX

Natasha Anne
11-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Yes, very subtle! I'm jealous. I wish I could do stuff like that and still be employed and married!

christine55
11-07-2004, 08:39 AM
I attempte to do acrylic nails myself but could not get it right. Then when I tried to remove them It took an hour to get the stuff off only one hand
I would love to go to a salon and have them done, but I cant pay the money for only a day or two. If I could get a week off I would cetainly do that.
Are You fulltime??
I certainly have considered going ft but right now it is just not possible
Hugs, Christine.

Your nails are lovely

Andy1087
11-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Hi Christine,

I am a nail tech and I was wondering what you used to remove your acrylics?
Let me know, I may have some ideas for you to help remove them if you do them in the future.

Andrew

babe4life
11-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I am a nail tech and I was wondering what you used to remove your acrylics?
Let me know, I may have some ideas for you to help remove them if you do them in the future.

Andrew, I could just strangle you right now, you know that? A nail tech amongst our midst and I didn't even know! How could you!? :eek:

:p

Love,
Vicky

Renecd
11-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Its funny, reading this thread I thought of how I was made-up for halloween. I was at my friends house and her 15 year old daughter and her friend each took a hand and applied crazy glue to each finger, then attached the nails and then the polish. While this was taking place My GG friend was applying my make-up. Its the closest I ever felt to being in a salon. At the end of the night the nails came off pretty easy by justlifting them from the side, well except for the crazy glue :eek: None of them knew I crossdress but for halloween anything goes!

Hugs,
Rene

DanaJ
11-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Just to clear up a few things, I am definitely not full-time, just barely part time :) I get my nails done every Friday night, and keep the polish on my fingers until Sat. night/Sun. night, depending on my weekend plans. My toes stay done 24/7, they look downright strange and naked with no polish now...

Of course, those are my real nails underneith (well, with a good set of gels over them). I have had no comments since I went the gel route 2 months ago. My nails are about 1/8-3/16 inch (about 5mm) past my fingertips now, I will probably need to shorten them a bit soon.

If anyone wants my definitive nail tips, I can start a thread. I used to date a nail tech, I have a nail tech for a very good friend now and I did a webpage for a nail school a few years ago. Also, my current nail tech is a certified master nail technician, from two different companies.

Below is a pic of my natural nails without polish.....

DanaJ

P.S. To Christine, acrylics take a lot of practice to get right, and are harder to do on yourself besides. It takes weeks of practice (or a lot of filing) to get acrylics right. That is one reason myself and a lot of nail techs believe in gel technology these days...

Wenda
11-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Beautiful nails, Dana. I started a thread a week or two ago to get some advice on nails ( after I had broken my left thumbnail back to the quick...OOWWEE), and it was very helpful. I now use gel fortifier on my fingers and toes all the time. Only one person has commented. The best advice was to keep my nails filed, eliminating the little nicks and cracks that snag things and create the breaks. I keep a sandpaper file in my truck and in my desk at work. Gives me something to do when I am waiting for traffic or on hold! Also had a suggestion to increase my calcium intake. I reduced my milk intake a couple of years ago, and now believe that my nails were healthier previously. I have also started wearing gloves a lot more, both for work, to prevent hand/nail injury, and for dress, since my hands are pretty well finger-to-thumb scars. wenda.

JoannaDees
11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
What is Gel Technology? Do you have to have your own nails growing to a decent length? My nails are very thin and soft ... I mean very. I can't grow them out at all, they will just start ... splitting? Breaking is not a word I can use ... like you can't break a wet noodle right?

Jerry
11-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Amazingly beautiful. Wow.

I went to a spa with my wife a few years ago and got the "guys" treatment. A message, salt scrub, and manicure. But alas, my nails were just cleaned up and trimmed. No rubs, moisturizers, color.

But even that was really nice!

I would love get to the the girl's treatment for a manicure and pedicure.

Someday, maybe. Jerry

DanaJ
11-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Nope, your nails can be as short as they are. Basically, the gel is like a thick clear polish. It is applied to your nails, and then cured under a special light until it is hard. The gel is very shiny also, and cannot be removed except by filing it off. If you get this, you will need to go for fills every two weeks or so.

Your nails will grow out to any length you want, and look beautiful and shiney too. The gel will keep your nails from breaking and splitting, unless you really really overstress them...

DanaJ

What is Gel Technology? Do you have to have your own nails growing to a decent length? My nails are very thin and soft ... I mean very. I can't grow them out at all, they will just start ... splitting? Breaking is not a word I can use ... like you can't break a wet noodle right?