PDA

View Full Version : Shocking a physician by wearing a bra to the hospital

Minney
10-25-2023, 12:24 PM
I had an appointment with an infectious disease doctor at the local hospital. I had picked up an infection after a botched surgery to fix my broken right arm & shoulder. As a followup my wife took me to see this doctor. But I had gotten so used to wearing bras that I had forgotten to take mine off.

During the visit the doctor lifted the collar of my shirt to examine the surgical scar on my right shoulder. When he saw my black bra strap he was noticeably shocked & recoiled. Nothing was said.

My next visit to see him I remembered to take my fem undies off prior to the going to see any doctor or to have tests like a sonogram or MRI.

Kisses,

Minnie

Di
10-25-2023, 01:24 PM
No worries I am sure they have seen it many times.
That he recoiled seems very unprofessional and strange.
I have family members that one is a doctor another Police, and yet another EMT.
It is common and usually it is the CD that thinks it is a big deal. No one else.

Sabine Janus
10-25-2023, 01:30 PM
Most likely shocked that he had the same bra. . . .

BLUE ORCHID
10-25-2023, 03:47 PM
Doctors & UPS Delivery drivers , Are not shocked, They have seen it ALL,

docrobbysherry
10-25-2023, 08:55 PM
I'll be honest, Minney. At age 80 I see a lot of docs! Altho, I don't wear fem undies whether I'm seeing a doc that day or not. Because my drab undies r way more comfy!:)

However, I do mention that I CD occasionally when there's a reason. So far not one doc, nurse, or tech gave a dam!:straightface:

So, if your doc was freaked by a bra strap? I'd be VERY WORRIED!:sad:

Karren H
10-25-2023, 09:34 PM
Maybe he was expecting a white bra?

alwayshave
10-26-2023, 06:06 AM
Mine, he should not have recoiled. That was poor form. I have had on women's underwear at the ER and not a word was said nor was there any reaction from the nurses.

Christie ann
10-26-2023, 09:50 AM
I push it a bit with my primary care doctor. I have had a brow raise a few times.

jacques
10-26-2023, 10:52 AM
my surgeon has seen me when I am wearing no clothing !

JohnH
10-27-2023, 12:49 AM
Minnie, whether you wear a bra or not is up to you. You should not have been made to feel uncomfortable for wearing a bra.

I have NEVER had a health care professional react to my wearing a bra. Of course with my bra cup size of DD the need for my wearing one is obvious.
As others have suggested, at any rate, that reaction of that doctor was highly unprofessional.

John