PDA

View Full Version : CDing related to Women's Biological Clock or Mothering Urge???

DeeInGeorgia
04-15-2006, 02:09 PM
My wife has many times told me she cannot understand why I need to dress. I do not even know, so I have never been able to give her an answer. Then again, I don't think she is really looking for an answer, but I am.

But I got to thinking about how before we had kids, my wife needed pets. When she was in high school and later, after her first stint in college, she kept a horse. After she finished her second stint in college, she was living in town near her job and could not keep a horse or pet. She was also busy dating, looking for a husband. After we married and moved out of L.A., she got a couple of dogs, and later a couple of horses and finally a whole bunch of fancy chickens. Then after IVF, we had a son, and a while later moved to where we could not have horses. We still kept a few chickens, but then moved where we couldn't have those, so she started raising indoor birds.

In all cases, she had this urge that required raising creatures. If I tried to restrict her from getting creatures, she would go into a depression. So, I am wondering if my need to crossdress and her needs are a related psychological phenomenum?

Anybody else have any thoughts on the matter?

Julie York
04-15-2006, 02:59 PM
I can't see how they are related but it is a good way of describing an inner urge that gives you fullfillment and makes you depressed when it can't be expressed. Keeping a pet does not make sense, is not explainable but it feels ......good?

Joy Carter
04-15-2006, 03:09 PM
We have four dogs one cat one fish one frog and one snail. We love each other but having animals adds so much to our lives. Three of the dogs and the cat were unplanned they all need a home right now so we resqued them and have not looked back. I know we are all looking for reasons why we are CD but in our case it is love and the fact that knowing an animal maybe loosing it's life because noboby wants it is more than we can stand. I'm still looking and if anyone finds a reason for CD let me know and no you can't move in here we don't have any more room.

K9 to Kitty Joy Carter