PDA

View Full Version : Surreality....

Emma_Forbes
04-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have just had the most amazing few days away and didn't dress once - not even a little bit!

I was away visiting my aunt and uncle who have been very loving and supportive towards me over the last few years during some difficult times. They were aware of my crossdressing before I went on Thursday and had never condemned me at all. Being without support of anyone who I can sit down and talk to about dressing I think I was desperate to talk to them about it (well, more my aunt really as I figured she would be more receptive) although I had no plans to broach the subject.

However, it cropped up occasionally during conversation throughout the visit until last evening when we spent about 2 hours just talking about my crossdressing. They asked questions, I gave answers and volunteered bits of info along the way. Then my uncle just said that if I wanted to dress while I was with them, that was fine. You could have knocked me over with a feather boa! Then he wondered whether I would be happy to go out for dinner with them en femme. Well you could have knocked me over with the suggestion of a feather boa! I was shocked, amazed, frightened, excited, nonplussed etc etc etc. I didn't know what to think or say or anything. My aunt offered to help with all sorts of things, like doing nails to shopping for cosmetics. I discreetly showed them my avatar at the end of the evening and they were amazed that it was me. They said they felt privileged that I felt able to talk with them about me. Absolute rubbish - I'm the one who is privileged, to have such an understanding aunt and uncle.

I have genuinely spent today trying to work out if it was all a dream. I even asked if I had imagined it all and was assured that it had happened. I'm in a whirl; it feels like all my birthdays and all my Christmases at the same time. I just don't know what to do next.

Now, before the words of warning come, I know that I should take it easy and not force it on them and that is good advice and I will heed it. I shall wait for them to mention it next time I am due to visit. If they do, Emma (soon to be renamed) will well and truly be out of the closet. I know I am going to have many more questions for you all but this post is already way too long.

Finally, in spite of the fact that they will probably never read this, I wish to praise my aunt and uncle for being so loving and supportive. I wouldn't have made it through the last few years without them and now I look forward to exciting times ahead. They are worth far more than riches to me.

Be encouraged my friends, just as you have encouraged me. Dreams do come true after all.

Ecstatically,

Em

Julie York
04-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Good luck.
The daft thing is I wouldn't have believed you if you had a smaller post count. It's too sensational. (But don't worry. I Do believe you.)

What I am thinking though....is that you have a CD relative that you don't yet know about. For someone to be accepting is one thing. For someone to actually INVITE you out dressed in a public place, suggests a level of knowledge and experience that isn't just someone being kind.....It is extrordinary!!

Therefore.....I think they know more about the subject than you realise.

Good luck anyway.

:thumbsup:

Emma_Forbes
04-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply. It is extraordinary, I know. I've just been thinking about it in the bath and I cannot believe it. I think it is a dream but, the strange thing is, if it didn't happen, then what did we talk about last night? I cannot recall even snippets of another conversation. I don't think there's any crossdressing history there at all but both have been through marriage breakups initiated by the other party and they have said in the past that they don't understand why my wife left me because of my crossdressing - they, and in particular my aunt, have never seen it as a major issue.

I don't understand it, but I am grateful to them although I may have to ring them in a week just to make sure it really was the way I remember it.

As for being genuine, it is. I have no desire to fabricate anything and it makes me cross when others do.

Em

VeronicaMoonlit
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
For someone to be accepting is one thing. For someone to actually INVITE you out dressed in a public place, suggests a level of knowledge and experience that isn't just someone being kind.....It is extrordinary!!

yeah, my immediate family (father, mother, sister) has known for over a decade and they've never suggested going out in public with them.

Veronica

Emma_Forbes
04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Now I'm getting worried. I think you're right. I must have imagined it.

Em

VeronicaMoonlit
04-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Now I'm getting worried. I think you're right. I must have imagined it.

Em

Oh you. :-) I'm happy for you.

Veronica

Lauren Richards
04-15-2006, 06:14 PM
No, it wasn't a dream. Just a dream come true. Good for you, and good for them! I know you will be able to handle the new opportunities well. You have proven that you can do that by getting to where you are, and being who you are. Wonderful!

paulaN
04-15-2006, 07:33 PM
WOW!!! that is so cool. congrats. enjoy their company. keep on gurlen hun.