PDA

View Full Version : Should we or Shouldn't we.

urban gypsy
04-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi All
This is something most CD's just dream of, but Ann Marie and about 20 freinds are having a girly party on Easter Monday, and no males are allowed.
So I have to make myself scarce for the evening.
So my CD friend Sonia were thinking of going for a blast in my sports car for a few hours but in drab, as we only go out enfemme when with our SO's, just to kill some time.
Now while sitting here dressed very casually after doing Ann Marie's nails and sulking she telephoned Sonia's wife and made a suggestion to her which she agreed, but on one condition.
Now that Sonia has phoned me and explained what has been suggested, and wanted my feelings on the idea.
Now, by now I think you know where this is going.
The SO's have agreed that Sonia and I can go to the party but we have to go fully dressed as Sonia and Emelda, it has been explained that alot of the people there will know about Sonia and Emelda but have ever met them.
The reason they have never met them is that when we have gone out as Sonia and Emelda it is usually out of the area where we live and to Cd friendly places.
Over time Sonia and Emelda have been spoken about freely as we feel that it is a part of who we are, but never revealed.
This just feels abit heavy at the moment, as if we are coming out all over again.What I suppose we are to another group of people.
We think we are ready for this but not quite sure if its the right thing to do.
Please Please help with any suggestions on what you feel we should do as we are at a major cross roads of a dilemma cause we feel that with this many people knowing the whole world might as know what possibly means we would be able to be femme more often.
Remember our immediate families already know about Sonia and Emelda.

Jamie M
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM
to be brutally honest with you i cannot see a reason why not to do it .

you say that most people there already know about you and sonia and also that you are out to those most important to you .

all in all the only reason i can see why not to do it is that you are not emotionally and phyiscally ready to do it. as for adverse comsequences i can't really see any as you are already out to them in all be reality.

Go with your heart , if you feel like doing it , go for it . If you're not ready , go for a blast in your car. either sounds particulary good fun for a bank holiday w/end :D

Billijo49504
04-15-2006, 06:17 PM
I vote to go for it. The worst that could happen, is someone could laugh at you. If you decide to do it, please write and let us know how it went. Pictures would be nice. Good luck and have fun...BJ

paulaN
04-15-2006, 07:25 PM
go for it. sounds like a dream come true to me. keep on gurlen. make all of us proud to know you.

Rikkicn
04-15-2006, 07:28 PM
It seem like I never stop coming out. I'm always running into new people and places that don't me and this is kind of coming out.
I've been invited to my wife's, sister in law's baby shower.
I'm pretty sure that I'll be the only t woman there. I've never met any of the other women so it will be real interesting.
Seems to me like the coming out process is just that, a process. We are always revealing something new to ourselves or others.
Kind of have to get used to it.
Rikki

jennylou
04-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Personally I'd say go for it. The hardest question to answer is what to where. Smart and casual or something abit risque?
If you're not comfortable around everyone, make your excuses and get out in the car and enjoy the open roads (not too easy on UK congested roads). But a win/win situation either way

stephanie100
04-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Go for it ! let us know what happens.
Steph:thumbsup:

Penny
04-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Well then, maybe you shouldn't do this. The question here is will you feel comfortable in this enviornment? Will you feel pretty or pretty awkward?
If you can feel good and it's right, do it! Remenber everyone may not acccept you. Personally, I would go for it.

Sherrie
04-16-2006, 07:11 AM
I say go for it hon! Being how they already know, but just havent met, I think this is a great oppertunity for you. I wish I was in your shoes. I am sure you will have so much fun.

Clare
04-16-2006, 07:13 AM
The party is at your home right? If things don't go well, you can always get changed and go out with your own plans anyway. You'll have let the party group see the real Sonia and Emelda, so the worst will be over in that regard anyway!

I say give it a try. It seems like the right time I reckon.

Shelly Preston
04-16-2006, 07:49 AM
If they all know then why not
It however may be a good idea for your partners o warn all the other guests
That should save any shoking moments.

Francine
04-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Go for it! :thumbsup:
You seem to be comfortable with going out so doing so, would be an inspiration to some of us, that still dream of going out. And be sure to take pics, and take notes to tell us of the experience. :happy:

Francine

Eugenie
04-16-2006, 09:52 AM
I'd be glad to take your place if you don't want to go :cheeky:

Seriously, this is such a great offer that was made to you. Go for it. I see one GG friend often and I wish she would invite me to a get together with her friends.

Love.

Eugenie

urban gypsy
04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I think the main fear is that it will be the first time when the only company will be females. as we have never really tried to pass ourselves off as women before although the others will know that it still does not feel right as we already know these ladies as friends.