PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened in a restaurant tonight.

GraceH
11-30-2023, 11:34 PM
I generally pass well, and go out frequently shopping, to restaurants, stores, etc., with no one giving me a second glance, so I' m quite comfortable out and about. Also, as a professional vocalist, I have a convincing femme voice. Anyway, I went to a restaurant for dinner this evening fully en femme, and the gal at the entrance asked me the most surprising question. She wondered if I wanted to sit in the bar, and said "Are you over 21?" I'm 75, which I told her, and she said she had to ask and she'd never have guessed I was that old. Ah, the wonders of being happy, and wearing a little makeup.

Christie ann
12-01-2023, 12:46 AM
Validation comes in all sorts of flavors. So, did you sit at the bar?

Susan_Michaela
12-01-2023, 01:29 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me at Texas Roadhouse I sat at the bar since it was only myself. I?m 71 and the girl behind the bar. Thought I was only 55. lol only my hairdresser knows. But unfortunately I didn?t get almost carded like you were. You look wonderful though. I?m attempting to cover up some old age wrinkles which I?m winning at slowly but not getting my hope up too much

docrobbysherry
12-01-2023, 01:49 AM
U think it's funny, Grace, I think it's wonderful!:)

Crissy 107
12-01-2023, 05:53 AM
Grace, Good for you and it certainly made me smile as I am sure it did for you. We all need more smiles, Thanks!

kimdl93
12-01-2023, 05:56 AM
That?s remarkable! At 70, I doubt anyone would take me for 70! 80 maybe.

Emily in the south
12-01-2023, 06:27 AM
Keep doing what you're doing Grace, and don't forget your ID when you go out..
So nice that happened, probably made your day.

Emily

Jillcder
12-01-2023, 06:32 AM
What a sweet story. The joys of dressing like a woman we can change our makeup, hair style and of course buy clothes from the juniors department and shave off a few years. There are some of us that are naturally youthful looking unfortunately Im not one of them.

alwayshave
12-01-2023, 07:51 AM
Grace, That is wonderful. Always take a compliment.

BLUE ORCHID
12-01-2023, 07:58 AM
Hi Grace, Sounds like you just got your Dance Card Punched,

I don't go out dressed, But I will be 81 Next week and when I tell someone how old I am They don't believe that I am that old, >Orchid**O:daydreaming:O**

Sandi Beech
12-01-2023, 11:16 AM
It is definitely fun when people think we are a lot younger than we look. It happens to me a lot , BUT no one has carded me yet, haha.

Sandi