PDA

View Full Version : Which???

SuzyZahn
01-02-2024, 06:37 PM
Dunno if its been asked here before but???, whats more important,,,the feel or the look ? For me ,the feel is like 60% and the look backs it up to 95 % of yeah,,,its all good!

alwayshave
01-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Suzy, the tactile feel is of a larger importance to me.

Crissy 107
01-02-2024, 09:07 PM
The feel is very important but the look is too or I wouldn’t have every color under the sun in my panty drawer:)

docrobbysherry
01-02-2024, 09:13 PM
Maybe it depends on how long you've been dressing, Suzy? The feel of tites, stockings, silky fabrics, etc. Was so exciting my 1st year or so.:o

But, since then it's been all about that image in my mirror and my pics!:daydreaming:

I rarely wear corsets any more. But, when I do that feeling of not being able to breathe and seeing my hourglass figure is an instant turn on!:)

Sandi Beech
01-02-2024, 09:36 PM
To me it?s everything lumped in together. The look, the feel, even the smell when using perfume to top things off.

Sandi

NancySue
01-03-2024, 12:00 AM
It?s 75% feeling (especially hose) / 25% looks. You?re absolutely right, it?s all good. Like Sandi, I?m a daily light perfume user. Very refreshing.

Debs
01-03-2024, 04:00 AM
Its the looks and passing which is 80% of the thrill for me, unless you observe me for a while or you hear me speak you can never be 100% certain that Im not female.

Kris Burton
01-03-2024, 05:34 AM
To me it?s everything lumped in together.

For me as well. Total picture. Not really a matter of percentages.

Karren H
01-03-2024, 06:39 AM
90% looks and 10% feel. As I age all my senses are fading but I can still see! Although I do enjoy the uncomfortableness of a pretty tight corset, a push-up bra and high heels! I do not think I dress without a mirror or a camera near by anymore.

JocelynJames
01-03-2024, 07:27 AM
For me ,Suzy, it?s the look and HOW it makes me feel. I?ve worn totally uncomfortable things because I feel they make me look great( to me). I love a corset , good and tight to give me that hourglass look. I don?t know of anyone here that loves the feeling of a wig, but the look is another story. On the other hand , nothing beats a great pair of stockings?even if they?re not seen as with anything else used when underdressed. Thought provoking question !

jacques
01-03-2024, 07:32 AM
hello Suzy,
the feel of the fabrics is very important to me. Men's clothing is boring!
luv J

GretchenM
01-03-2024, 07:37 AM
I agree with others that it all forms a unit and percentages kind of reduce the experience down to something more mechanical than sensual. To me, "feeling" includes two levels. There are the feelings of wearing and seeing yourself in those clothes. But the more important feeling is what you feel inside. Do you feel like a male in women's clothes or do you feel that you are now far more female-like than male-like? Does it influence your other social behaviors and your sense of who you are in that mode? I think that is really important and very telling about your personal and individual sense of gender identity. That is where you live.

SaraLin
01-03-2024, 07:43 AM
The feeling I get when I get the look right?

In all seriousness, It just feels "right" when I'm dressed feminine.
It's hard to explain, but it's true.

Elizabeth G
01-03-2024, 07:46 AM
Since my goal is to present as and be perceived as a woman to the best of my abilities, then it's the whole package.

Cheryl T
01-03-2024, 10:54 AM
That's a tough one to answer.
Certain feels are very high on the list. Stockings on smooth legs, the hug of my bra, heels for sure, the tug of my garters, the feel and taste of lipstick.
The look though is what warms my heart. I may not be young, slim, petite, but when I see myself it makes me feel the way I have always wanted and needed to feel. I feel feminine. I feel natural. I feel like me.
If I must put a number to it I'd say 60% look, 40% feel. But that changes all the time.

Leah87
01-03-2024, 12:16 PM
For most of my CD life, I would say that feel has been the main priority. If everything feels good from head to toe, then I?ll just feel good in general. When I?m in this mindset, there is a very good chance that I will like what I see in the mirror.

However, in more recent years, I have concentrated more on the look in terms of colour coordination of hair, clothing, hosiery, and footwear more than ever before which, really, has just added more pleasure to the overall feeling and increasing the chances of me liking my reflection.

So, it?s a combination of both for me.

Lorna
01-03-2024, 12:26 PM
"What does it feel like to wear those clothes?" was always my motivation for cross dressing, so it's the feelings first and foremost. I do like to look at the clothes I'm wearing but I don't like the look of me. For example, seeing nylon-covered knees peeking out from a skirt, or feet in heels, or a silky slip covering stocking tops and suspenders...I like to look at those - but I don't want to see myself in the mirror.

Abbyru1
01-03-2024, 12:39 PM
I like the feel of everything. Long fingernails that get in the way, a bra with forms that get in the way, stockings or pantyhose, the feel of a skirt or dress. Its all the sensations of the whole dressing experience.

Natalie5004
01-03-2024, 02:08 PM
The feel is 75% and the look is 90%. So when I am all dolled up I feel like 165% girl

Deborah G
01-03-2024, 02:14 PM
When I was younger, it was mostly feel, but as I have aged, look is now a driving factor as I want to present as best as I can. Look and feel are part of the whole package!

April Rose
01-03-2024, 02:29 PM
The look is something I work at, the feeling is something I enjoy.

rachelatshop
01-03-2024, 03:10 PM
For me it is also the soft slinky feeling of the women's clothes that first attracts me to dressing up, then I want to look as girly as I can, but often I'm not able to fully dress so I get a bit of girly feeling under dressing

Fiona_44
01-03-2024, 04:22 PM
It is how the look makes me feel.

Allieboy
01-03-2024, 05:01 PM
The feel at first, then 50/50 on the look

MarinaTwelve200
01-03-2024, 11:17 PM
The LOOK gives me the feeling.

Jillcder
01-04-2024, 09:36 AM
In my younger dressing days it was more feel but now that I dress in public looks is probably 75%.

SuzyZahn
01-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Unofficial poll as best i could discern was ...60 % feel,,,40% look,,, so it`s a great blend!

ShelbyDawn
01-04-2024, 11:51 AM
Looks like I'm the outlier here. 100% feel.
Mostly because while I guess the possibility of me passing exists in some bizarre alternate universe, the mathematical probability is about as close to zero as it can get.

But, hey, I buy lottery tickets, too, so... :)

SuzyZahn
01-04-2024, 12:07 PM
I surmised about 5 were 100% of the feel

Jessica Secret
01-06-2024, 11:42 PM
I wear romantic lingerie and it's hard to say which I value more but I love both! My boyfriend definitely loves the look lol!

SuzyZahn
02-22-2024, 03:34 PM
LOL to say,,but I really relate with Natalie:love:

Allieboy
02-22-2024, 04:07 PM
The feel of the soft clothes added to the look from the neck down

JoyceAnn
02-26-2024, 06:23 PM
50-50 looks and feel. It's gotta be colorful and pretty. It also needs to be soft and smooth. Together they complete the feel of femininity for me.

ReallyLauren
02-27-2024, 10:18 AM
It's 50-50 for me. I want to look and feel like a woman. Nobody can see my lingerie when I'm out in public but I know it's lacy which makes me feel sexy.

Michelle1955
02-29-2024, 09:55 AM
100% feel, started when before 4-5 years old. But truthfully before that.

Taylor186
02-29-2024, 12:15 PM
"Both emotional experiences and physical sensations . . . bring about feelings" ~ Psychology Today.

For me the physical sensations score pretty low, but the emotional experience scores high. I, like Karren, am a fan of the mirror, so looks, as I see myself reflected, are also important.

Melani65
02-29-2024, 01:14 PM
For me, it's all about the look and the process of transformation.
Melani

Chiffon
02-29-2024, 01:41 PM
Both are important for me, and it depends on the day which is more important. Of course when you catch yourself in the mirror looking really good, that's a bell ringer day. On the other hand, when I'm wearing older style panties with those heavy elastic leg openings that leave visible panty lines when wearing tight pants, I can feel them across my lower but cheeks with every step I take, and that just sends me over the top. The feeling of a satin camisole with spaghetti straps is beyond description for me too. IT'S ALL GOOD!

Anne E
02-29-2024, 03:22 PM
It's how the look makes me feel. Sometimes just the colors make me so happy. And the feel of having it in my size, fit for me.

Mary Loo
03-01-2024, 12:26 AM
I will add to a few common camps of prior replies.

First yes, it is the look that makes me feel so warm and tingly inside. Also, originally it was MUCH more about the feel, but now moreso about the look that generates less tactile feel, but more emotional feel. Good discussion.

mbmeen12
03-01-2024, 01:18 AM
It's initially the look when finish dressed ie mirror, then walking down long hallway which makes me feel intimate.

Patience
04-06-2024, 02:49 PM
It's called being "DOLLed up", not "DULLed up". Lol

Philipa Jane
04-06-2024, 11:11 PM
There are so many great replies here.
Overall for me is the whole package. Clothes, makeup, wig, nails and perfume.
Currently I am in a hospital bed with very little of what makes me feel good but just enough to keep me sane.
The nail colour (Fuchsia) and the length have got a great deal of attention plus a great many of the staff have been curious so I have had a lot of interesting conversations.
All very feminine which makes me feel very accepted.

JesseVF
04-06-2024, 11:19 PM
Hi Philipa - I?m glad you are in an accepting situation and wish you the best health.

Maria 60
04-07-2024, 05:00 AM
I must say that it was the feel of the pantyhose with the silky slip against my legs that I'm wrapped up here in this ball of wax. But I will admit like others here I will wear uncomfortable clothes for the look. I'm more of a 50/50 but will lean more towards the feel.

Kitty S
04-07-2024, 06:55 PM
In the beginning it was mostly the feel of the fabric and the forbidden factor. Since dressing more frequently and for days at a time I like the feeling I have when fully dressed with makeup and forms. It’s hard to explain, I know I would never pass, I’m over 6 ft 250 pounds with a bass voice but I like to think that I am displaying my femininity to my best ability and it’s enough for me

NjJamie
04-07-2024, 08:11 PM
It started with the feel, 100%, and has evolved in such a way that it's about 95% the look, as long as I have enough time for nails and mascara to finish the transformation. The silkier the material the better it was, by far, but now even a cotton fabric outfit is wonderful if it's fully "femme". That was a relatively recent change, from about 8 years ago when I celebrated my birthday with a day at home and tried an outfit with pants, plain top and borrowed wedge sandals. I had finally found/seen that personality that was occasionally popping out and let her run wild!

Lacey New
04-08-2024, 05:52 AM
The look was never achievable so for. E, it was always the feel of a few layers of silky nylon and lace.

Genifer Teal
04-08-2024, 11:04 AM
When I look good, I feel good. I don't often think about the feel of the clothes.
If I dress, I'm probably going some where. Depends on the occasion how fancy I get. Some days I just don't feel right getting ready. Could have done beret or different makeup or whatever. Then I check the whole look in the mirror and if i look pretty good. That's what makes me feel good. Maybe if the clothes are unusual the feel might have an impact
Not usually.

suddenly_CD
04-09-2024, 05:19 AM
I'm in the 'whole thing' camp. What I like the most (apart from shaving!) is the getting ready part. Once I'm ready I don't really *think* about what I'm wearing as it's just my clothes. That said, when I get up to walk around, the feeling of 4.5 inch stilettos does give me a bit of a kick :-)

EDIT: To be fair, it was wanting to wear the shoes that got me into dressing completely. So I guess there is an element of 'the feel' of it too.