PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity? No, not quite...

CharlotteCD
01-03-2024, 08:48 AM
I've recently had a change in my work that'll see me travel and have overnight trips again for the first time since pre-COVID.

Remembering my previous trips and how I could dress in the hotel room (with obvious fear of fire alarms!), I was thinking about how it could be an opportunity to dress without fear of being interrupted or needing to clean up everything perfectly - it won't matter if there's a makeup cloth in the bin, or powder on the surfaces etc.

Unfortunately it won't be an opportunity to dress for some time however as I may subject to bag and car searches, and I don't want to be explaining breast forms and a makeup bag to a security guard when I am in professional mode.

Hopefully my next assignments are non-secure locations!

Helen_Highwater
01-03-2024, 09:37 AM
Charlotte,

Many hotels allow you to drop off bags early and they're placed in a store ready for when you actually check in later. I know you're likely to be talking about first thing in the morning but it is a possibility. Where there's a will......

tifftg
01-03-2024, 12:06 PM
Speaking about business trips brings back a lot of memories. So many photos in hotel rooms and ventures out in distant cities. I hope you find your way thru all this as I am sure you will.

kimdl93
01-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you are considering moving beyond the period of abstinence of recent months. Is that accurate?

docrobbysherry
01-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Charlotte, as far as maids go:

When I'm at week long T events in Vegas I have everything laid out all over the room and CANNOT have anyone coming in and messing up my planned disorganization.:doh:

So, I tell the desk when I check in I will NOT have maid service my entire stay. If I need anything I'll call Services for it! Then, I leave my "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door!:thumbsup:

A couple of times the management wanted to inspect my room after a few days to see if I was up to something?!:eek:

Fortunately, having female clothing, make up, wigs, etc. scattered all over your room is NOT considered nefarious!:devil:

LydiaL
01-03-2024, 08:47 PM
Sherry, I would be very angry if hotel management wanted to inspect my room.

But I suppose that the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas changed the paradigm.

Likely that LV hostelers have seen it all anyway. Female clothing scattered about in a man's room hardly nefarious.

CharlotteCD
01-04-2024, 06:29 AM
Sounds like you are considering moving beyond the period of abstinence of recent months. Is that accurate?

I see it as an opportunity I should take, not because I have any particular desire or need right now, but because I think I should explore the opportuntiy and see how I feel. If it awakens something then I will see what I want to do going forwards. If it doesn't, I know it's a longer phase.

To clarify, it isn't the hotel staff who may inspect my room, it is security at the sites I would visit, and I will have my belongings with me as I would be driving straight home from the site visit. I don't care about what hotel staff may or may not see. I've left evidence of my binge eating disorder and evidence of crossdressing behind on many occasions.

alwayshave
01-04-2024, 07:02 AM
Charlotte, Is there no where you can leave your bag before entering the secure facility?

Sandi Beech
01-04-2024, 09:20 AM
Sometimes it is just a matter of timing things right. I have to do this often. Hotels are generally available for checkin at 2 to 3 PM and check out at 11 AM or noon. You just have to work out when you arrive and leave with the hotel stay. Sometimes I end up paying for one extra day so I do not have to check out at 11 and keep all of my things in a very hot car during summer, not to mention having coworkers spot my extra huge suitcase if we go somewhere together. You can find a way to make it happen. It is just a matter of figuring a way around obstacles.

Sandi

CharlotteCD
01-04-2024, 10:43 AM
Charlotte, Is there no where you can leave your bag before entering the secure facility?

Leaving it in the hotel when I check out, doing the visit and then going back to the site is the best option, however it'll add a significant detour onto my journeys and I don't think I will have the time to make this work.

If I was staying in the same hotel for two nights in a row then I would certainly be more willing, but I will be driving onward in the opposite direction between days 1 and 2.

I don't have any makeup or a wig right now as it was all past it's usable best, and I can't afford to replace it this month. It's probably for the best that I am delayed in taking up this opportunity.

kimdl93
01-04-2024, 12:34 PM
I see it as an opportunity I should take, not because I have any particular desire or need right now, but because I think I should explore the opportuntiy and see how I feel. If it awakens something then I will see what I want to do going forwards. If it doesn't, I know it's a longer phase.

Gotcha! Well, it does give you a chance to do a bit of a gut check. Its hard to know whether a period of abstinence is just one of the usual ebb/flows we experience, or may represent a more enduring change.

docrobbysherry
01-04-2024, 03:17 PM
Lydia, I have no problem with the hotel staff viewing my room when I'm in it. Then, I'm sure they don't mess up anything.:thumbsup:

After walking around these hotels in Vegas day and nite for a week dressed, I could care less who there knows I CD!:heehee:

Deborah G
01-04-2024, 04:31 PM
Charlotte, I enter facilities also with security and have had my vehicle and bag searched. Typically the security folks are female, and I can imagine the eyebrows that would be raised if some items were found! But then again, if it is not a weapon of some type, narcotics, or some other "contraband", they may just roll their eyes and move on.

CharlotteCD
01-10-2024, 03:50 PM
I've taken the risk that I am OK to take a satin nightdress and nightgown. I am going to be sleeping pretty tonight :D

tifftg
01-10-2024, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a lovely evening and a chance to re-explore yourself

Genifer Teal
01-11-2024, 01:55 PM
Can you ship it between locations?

CharlotteCD
01-11-2024, 03:17 PM
Even next day special delivery (which would cost crazy money!) wouldn't be quick enough to get it to the next location in time. I only need to be rid of it between 10am and 6pm, so it's just not workable to send on.

I am back home tonight and will embark on my next travel on Sunday, returning home on Wednesday evening.

I have 8pm-10am free on one of those days, and will see what kind of pampering I can enjoy in that time.

kimdl93
01-11-2024, 04:55 PM
Good for you!