PDA

View Full Version : I never thought the day would come ..

Josi
04-16-2006, 07:22 AM
..... when I would go out shopping for trousers (pants).
After all .. dressing was all about swirly skirts and dresses and heels and legs being shown to the world!

Well, my SO (Annie) was chatting to me and noticed nearly all my stuff is for "going out" .. for "occasions" and I had nothing for just being out rather than "going out".
As she said, women dont always dress to "go out" .. they also dress much more often in casual style and without the heels!. Also she pointed out some colours I dont wear but would suit me - and she is right!!

mmm food for thought.

Well I now have 3 lovely pairs of ladies trousers .. and got over £100 of clothes for £18 .. thanks to some sales!

I also got some low heel shoes (can do flatties lol .. have to have at least a bit of heel!)

and .. in the sales again, I got some tops and a skirt (found for me by Annie) which are just "nice" but not "dressy".

Now .. just waiting for a chance to wear them ...

Shelly Preston
04-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Hi Josi
Well done - a bargain hunter at work.

you just cant beat shopping.

Laura Jane
04-16-2006, 07:42 AM
As the advert for McD's voiced over by Former Dr Who Tom Baker says....

"Not only are women wearing the trousers these days, they look better in them!" :D

Penny
04-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Good for you! Nowadays, it difficult to be out of style but easy to be out or place. Your So is right, there is such a thing as overdressed. enjoy!

Josi
04-16-2006, 09:06 AM
BIG bonus .. this weekend ...went out a few times (male) but wearing one of my new pair of trousers! What a treat .. they are cut differently .. but not enough with other male clothes to cause a 2nd look!

serinalynn
04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Must of my enfemme cloths are casual. as I prefer a more casual life style.0.02

Serina

Julie Avery
04-16-2006, 12:24 PM
BIG bonus .. this weekend ...went out a few times (male) but wearing one of my new pair of trousers! What a treat .. they are cut differently .. but not enough with other male clothes to cause a 2nd look!

This is exactly the reason I love buying womens' slacks and shorts. Not that I'd mind getting an occasional "second look" while wearing them :)

Sounds like you're having some fun, Josi....

Go girl!

Rachel Morley
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM

Hi Josi,

I do this too. I'm one of the lucky one's who is able to feel feminine without necessarily having to go the whole nine yards and be fully dressed. I wear women's clothes in guy mode...nothing too outrageous but just enough to make me feel girly without attracting too much attention. It means I get to feel girly all the time to a greater or lesser extent.

talkwithmelissa
04-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I am getting to the point where you are. I have one pair of trousers, but many skirts, and am finding myself looking for more trousers when I am out shopping. I have yet to where the trousers out since I am still going for the skirts. Someday soon. I just recently bought my first pair of low heeled sandels that I am looking forward to wearing this summer. I agree with you in that I like at least some sort of heel. As my collection grows I am sure I will eventually buy a nice pair of flats. Hope you get many chances to go out to enjoy your new clothes.

allisonrn06
04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I use to have the attitude that I wear pants everyday as a man and if I was dressing fem,that it was going to be a dress or skirt/blouse. Then one day just for something different, Itried a pair of my wife's black stretch pants on and loved them.I still prefer dresses and skirts,but since then have even bought some women's jeans for myself.