PDA

View Full Version : Nails

melinda1222
04-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Can anyone help give me some pointers on doing my nails. I use fake nails and the glue is hell to get off I tried fingernail polish remover but it didnt get it all off. My SO has beautiful strong real nails so jealous! Also any tips on painting them or anything else helpful would be greatly appreciated.

dianem
04-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Put a coat of clear polish on first. Then put the glue on. Another option is to use the pre-glued nails. They are easier to get off.
For polish I always go to a salon. You can get polish done for about $5-$7.
It's fun to go to the salon too. I always get good treatment there and have gone to several different ones.

melinda1222
04-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the tip

DanaJ
04-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I have given many many nail tips here, most are in the Beauty Club (if you wish to join). As for nail glue, try using pure acetone, not nail polish remover. It can be bought almost anywhere that has nail polish remover ....

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2006, 08:43 AM
You could always do what a bunch of us have already done. Go get yourself a set of acrylic nails at a salon. I have gone to work with mine as long as 1/4 - 1/2" long and no one has said anything. Currently they are about 1/8" long and I always get them polished with clear or very light Pink polish. Same for my toenails too.

Georgette
04-17-2006, 09:10 AM
I have been doing mine for years as I have terrible nails if I don't have them manicured. In my job prior to retirement I always had them done by a manicurist, as I was always on the road getting work for my company and many years back a person said that I shoule get them done as he always had his doneand he said the first thing a person sees sometime is your hands,and if your hands show neglect how are you going to handle his project or work that you will do for him.
I always keep mine clear coated and right now they are about 1/16 long which I prefer. There that's my 2 bits worth. Hvae fun:happy: