PDA

View Full Version : My dads acceptance

Brandie.n
02-20-2024, 12:36 AM
I was visiting my folks my mom was gone but my dad was home. A little about my dad he enjoys riding with a club on their certain brand Motorcycles also a fan of a orange President. On the news there was a story of drag queens and drag shows and people griping about it and the typical think of the children. When the story went off my dad finally said something. (Why don't they leave the drag queens alone they like to dress up and have fun. They are not hurting anyone if you don't like kids seeing shows don't take your kids.) I took it as my dad subtle way of accepting me as a CD without coming right out saying it. Everyone knows im a CD came out in 2019. Me and my dad never discussed it tho.

Heather76
02-20-2024, 01:23 AM
Your comment makes me assume your dad knows you CD. If that's the case, I would think your assessment of his acceptance of you CDing is on target. If he doesn't know you CD, it's possible he CDs himself.

bridget thronton
02-20-2024, 03:32 AM
Sounds like your dad gets it - cross dressing does not harm anyone

danniUK
02-20-2024, 04:31 AM
It always surprises me - though it really shouldn't - when I encounter someone with right-leaning political opinions who actually shares some other beliefs/opinions with me.
We've all be trained that "the other side" are inherently different from us but it's mostly not the case - people are still people!

Really pleased to hear about your dad's acceptance, Brandie.

Kris Burton
02-20-2024, 04:58 AM
How wonderful Brandi - he gets it!

OrdinaryAverageGuy
02-20-2024, 05:24 AM
I'm also glad he gets it

Crissy 107
02-20-2024, 05:41 AM
We are all very complex individuals.
This goes back to that we did not choose to enjoy CDing we were born this way and I am happy for that.
Brandie, I agree your Dad was letting you know he was accepting your dressing without actually saying it and that is big in my mind.
Continued good luck with everything!

char GG
02-20-2024, 05:53 AM
That is very nice, Brandie.

MOD NOTE:

Remember when answering, that there is a rule against discussing politics in this section.

alwayshave
02-20-2024, 06:32 AM
Brandie, I'm glad your dad is accepting.

Davina2833
02-20-2024, 06:58 AM
Brandie,

He knows, and yes I think that is the fantastic!

Davina

Jillcder
02-20-2024, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a very sweet moment. It?s your fathers way of protecting you.

Bea_
02-20-2024, 08:32 AM
You don't make it clear as to whether your dad knows about your dressing. But, you might be surprised one day to find out that your dad may have his own experiences. That's not saying it's true, but my kids would be totally surprised to find out their dad occasionally wears a dress or that he wears a bra every day. Your dad may be WAY more understanding than you give him credit for.

Krea
02-20-2024, 09:31 AM
This sounds like great progress for you Brandie. :thumbsup: Signs of increasing acceptance are always special.

Di
02-20-2024, 04:33 PM
Sounds promising Brandie.

Stacy Darling
02-21-2024, 10:07 AM
DRAG QUEENS are CD's and are performers.

I'm them.
But hey, Just saying?
Some people are more accepting of a Drag Queen than a gay or cd =?.

MY HONESTY TO YOU is that a lot of those in our community are riding on the back of Drag, Les , LGBTIQ+A humour, art and comedy at present.
the current curve may end soon,

DianeT
02-21-2024, 07:28 PM
Given your description of your father, sounds to me like acceptance in spades. Very glad for you.

docrobbysherry
02-22-2024, 06:09 PM
Stacy, drag queens r gay men. CD's or the most part r straight or bi.:straightface:

Brandie, I'd love to go drinking with your dad. He sounds like he'd be a hoot!:devil:

OrdinaryAverageGuy
02-23-2024, 02:18 PM
I'd go drinking with him too, I think we'd get along famously!

Stephanie47
03-30-2024, 10:40 AM
My guess is your father knows you're a dresser. Many people come to realize people can be different and are still decent people. I bet your father has experienced some negativity from the general public when he is out riding. One of my co-workers, who wore a suit and white shirt and tie during the week, looked like a feared biker on his rides with his club of fellow accountants. People seem to have a tendency to paint everyone with the same brush. Some people just want an excuse to complain about something. Drag seems to be the lightning rod right now.

Rachelakld
03-30-2024, 08:38 PM
It's nice having those parents. Both of mine were okay with my hobby although it's not something I did at their house (my mum assumed everything in my kit bag needed washing every time I returned on leave - would find all my smalls nicely washed and folded on my bed every so often).