PDA

View Full Version : acrylic tips

christine55
11-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Am in the process of applyint acrylic tips. I can stay home or go out femme.
Nothing I have to dotomorrow. So far the process is going ok. Ive got the nails stuck to one hand. The tricky part is coming up. will post pics when done.
Don't mean to be light when others are talking of weightier matters. Suicide is a all too common occurence within our community. Life in this world can be miserable at times but we need to remember that this world is an abberation and
God has promised better things to come for those looking to Him. Looking at the world situation it gets pretty black sometimes, but to quote an old song "have you seen the stars tonight."
Hugs, Christine

got them done, they would look and stay really nice if I had done them right.
The hard part is mixing the goop to smooth the ridge between the tip and your natural nail. I kept getting it too dry so it would not spread out. Got it on my cuticles and it hardens really fast. Much better than glue on full nails.
Very solid, I will take these off and try again using some old nails I have left over then trim them down. Not enough large size for your thumbs.

Sharon
11-07-2004, 02:59 AM
There's no reason we have to confront the troubles around us without beautiful nails! :)

christine55
11-07-2004, 04:46 AM
I heard they were hard to remove, but I had no idea. My nails were in pretty good shape up till today when I had to do some yard work, tore the heck out of them. They were at the point where people would start commenting at work if I did not make an effort to kind of hide them. I will not try acrylic nails again until they find a better way to remove them or I have a week or two that I can remain femme and have them done in a salon. Oh well, cant win em all
Hugs, Christine

Julie
11-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Christine, does this mean the pictures you said you'd post of your nails is now out of the question? :D

Julie J

christine55
11-07-2004, 08:33 AM
It took me almost an hour to remove the stuff (almost removed) from one hand, and I just decided that it was not worth the hassle.
I just took my make up off for bed so I guess no more tonight, I'm sure I'll feel compelled to play with my camera tomorrow.
I really wrecked my regular nails today so I decided to try the acrylic. I guess it is sort of an art in doing it. If I had a week where I could just remain Christine I would get them done in a salon and then removed so I could see how they do it, not to mention the fun of having it done.
Hugs and Good Night. It is only 6:39 am here. My downstairs neighbor was not home so I could wear my good shoes (clackety clack)
God Bless, Christine.
Just for you heres an old pic. I like the natural light that I can get by that wndow. I shold have upped the contrast.
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/forjulie.jpg

Julie
11-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Sweet dreams Christine, sleep well.

Julie J