PDA

View Full Version : Waist Size

Rachael Warren
04-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I have been experimenting with various ways to get into some items of clothing that are just not quite my shape/size.

Recently I bought a steel boned waspie corset that helps get my waist size down to 28" comfortably from my natural 30" to 32" one, but this restricts what I can choose to wear.

I have a number of skirts that have a 28" waist and love them, but am always a bit worried that I will damage them, especially if I have borrowed one of my wifes, some of hers are 26" very tight! Also they tend to dig in a little with extended wear.

I have the same trouble with fitted bodice's, a UK size 12 (US 10) can be difficult to get into without help.

So what do you GG's do to get into something that has become a little neat? Any tips or tricks will be appreciated.

Cheery GG
04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Stop eating always works for me....otherwise if i am wearing something a little tight when i go out, i tend to not sit down or breathe all night, that works too.....

No seriously.....there are no magic tricks....sorry....ive got corsets too, i tend to find they help with my shape....although they are not all that comfortble, you imagine trying to get a pair of real DD's in it.....lol

Welcome to the real world of being female.

cheery
xx

Rachael Warren
04-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Stop eating always works for me....otherwise if i am wearing something a little tight when i go out, i tend to not sit down or breathe all night, that works too.....

No seriously.....there are no magic tricks....sorry....ive got corsets too, i tend to find they help with my shape....although they are not all that comfortble, you imagine trying to get a pair of real DD's in it.....lol

Welcome to the real world of being female.

cheery
xx

Thanks for the reply Cheery, I know what you mean.

I wore a wedding/cocktail dress recently that had a bodice with a 28" waist, the thing was so tight I dared not sit down and had to breath shallowly! I couldn't even wear anything underneath it because it was so see through!

Luckily for me, I only wore it for a couple of photos, I got out of it and got Freya to wear it afterward for a couple more photos, it was snowing by then! (Poor Freya :eek:)

The waspie corset is what I suppose you would call an under-bust type, it gives me very good shape, and of course I can still put the silicone sisters where I need them! Just squish them into place and let the fabric do the rest. ;)

A corset won't work with something like the wedding dress though.:sad:

There must be some tricks that you GG's have?

Tamara Croft
04-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I've never really thought about it. I generally buy clothes that fit on my hips, rather than around my waist. I've never owned a corset, although I've tried a couple on in the shops.... I can't tell you what my boobs looked like :eek: I think I could have smacked myself in the eyes with them ;)

Try some tummy exercises, I can't think of any off the top of my head (walking is my only exercise lol)... sit ups are supposed to be good.

A sage GG
04-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Sorry just bit the bullet and buy bigger clothes. Women tend to have a small range of sizes in their closets due to either their own Fluctuating size or because different brand names aren't always the same especially if you are between size i.e. 11, 13, 15 etc. Some brands I can wear 16 some need a 20 just because of who makes them.

Rachael Warren
04-17-2006, 03:21 AM
I've never really thought about it. I generally buy clothes that fit on my hips, rather than around my waist. I've never owned a corset, although I've tried a couple on in the shops.... I can't tell you what my boobs looked like :eek: I think I could have smacked myself in the eyes with them ;)

Try some tummy exercises, I can't think of any off the top of my head (walking is my only exercise lol)... sit ups are supposed to be good.

Thanks for the reply T.

I also find clothing that is cut to fit the hips works, although I am less hippie than a GG, I only have 37" there.:sad: But saying that many UK size 10 or 12 skirts will work just fine on me, especially with the corset.

I know what you mean about the corset too, if I wore a full corset I'd be worried about hitting someone else with flying silicone! :p

Like you my only real exercise is walking, and I do a lot of it. I think I may try the sit ups, but not while wearing the corset! :eek:

Rachael Warren
04-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Sorry just bit the bullet and buy bigger clothes. Women tend to have a small range of sizes in their closets due to either their own Fluctuating size or because different brand names aren't always the same especially if you are between size i.e. 11, 13, 15 etc. Some brands I can wear 16 some need a 20 just because of who makes them.

Thanks for the comments Sage.

Buying larger sizes won't work for me as they would not fit my sylphlike wife.

We like to borrow each others stuff from time to time and therefore it is me that has to change shape, not the clothes.

I can relate to what you are saying about being between sizes, being male makes me a different shape to what many garments were cut to fit so I fall into that category. Even Freya has trouble with some brands sizing.

I love a challenge though! ;)