PDA

View Full Version : Have i or haven't i ?

Jamie M
04-17-2006, 05:16 AM
First off , i want to state that i am depicting this tale as a lesson in how not to do it and that i'm not proud of myself one little iota. Of course i may not have done anything at all and therein lies the rub.

Okay then , what the hell am i talking about? I have always taken pride in the fact that although i like a drink as much as the next person , i never let myself get carried away with it and there has been a reason for this. As a teenager i rapidly discovered the tongue lossening properties of alcohol and this scared me as i definately wasn't ready for any kind of revelations. So this carried on for a long time and i got pretty good and recognising where my limit should be.

Flash forward to the present day ( well last week actually ) and i awake with a most serious hangover. Like a storyline from a bad movie , kelly is beside me telling me all kind of things from the night before that i just don't remember. So there i am piecing together what i do know.

I know that we went out with friends.
I know that we went to a pub after the restruant
I know that my best freind and i started talking about some quite presonal stuff
I know we talked about his girlfreind being homophobic ( not something that's a secret but still a bit personal )
I know we got home somehow.
Kelly tells me that some of my remarks that night were getting pretty close to disclosing my true identity.
I vaguely remember getting some very strange looks from the other couple on the train home
I don't remember swapping shoes with keely for the walk home because her feet hurt ( something that i'm sure i should have remembered :D )

Right then , so lets piece things together. I was definately loose lipped. Julia was obviously on my mind. My mind blocked out the events for some reason. Oh dear it's not looking good is it.

So a week later i'm now left pondering , "have i come out of the closet and not even realised it ?". Well tonight is the moment of truth, they've been away on hoiday since and i haven't heard from them until yesterday when they invited me round for drinks. Needless to say i'm going to take it very easy tonight !

Shelly Preston
04-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Sounds Scary

I wonder even if you have come out if you will hear any more.
It may depend on how good your friends are. Kelly will most likely be asked before it get mentioned to you. You have to decide what her response should be if you have said something about Julia. Tread very carefully next week.

I hope it has a happy outcome
Best Wishes

rhondasxycd
04-17-2006, 05:42 AM
I know the feeling Julia.. I was out partying one nite ..I had a bit too much too drink..When i got home a friend called a close friend that is a women..Well anyway i got loose lipped and told her all about myself..In hopes of having a friend to go shopping with so i wouldn't feel so weird shopping in womens wear etc.When i woke up the next morning i remember telling her..And hoped it had not been a mistake...That was over a year ago since then i've told her boyfriend another very close friend..Although i'm mostly in the closet it seem's a bit of a releive having them know ..Hope it works out for you.. P.S. i showed them pictures so they had a visual...

Jamie M
04-19-2006, 05:05 AM
well , i went round last night and things went okay , nothing was mentioned at all which leads me to two conclusions ,

1) i didn't reveal anything and so there was nothing for him to mention
2) he does know and yet didn't bring the subject for reasons of his own

personally i'd rather go with option number 1 which seems the more likely and is better for my sanity ;)

I have toyed with the idea of telling him for some time now as i'm pretty certain he'd be okay with it . The only thing that has been stopping me is the question of what i expect to get out of it .

Maybe i'll try and put this question better in another thread all of it's own because i think it's one that needs exploring better . Anyway for the time being things look back to normal :thumbsup: