PDA

View Full Version : tired of not being seen at night!!

Andrea Witt
04-17-2006, 09:49 AM
as my title says i'm tired of not being seen at night. i've been out lots of times at night in the car and empty car parks etc but i now want to start going out in the daytime. it's something i feel i've got to do but this is a huge step to take. i'm not very good with the make up so my face would not be made up i think i would look terrible if i tried i have got some wigs so maybe wig and sunglasses would pass? i was thinking of going to london (with a friend) where it will be busy. has anyone else tried this did it work or is it a no no. i don't really want to stand out in the crowd i just want to in the crowd, if you know what i meen.
thanks for reading my post and i will appreciate your comments
andrea xxxx

paulaN
04-17-2006, 04:31 PM
go for a makeover first. if that's an option.

stephanie100
04-17-2006, 06:45 PM
make up plenty orc do what i do when going out use a trowel. seriously make up and a wig and a little longer skirt unless you want people to notice those lovely legs.
steph

bredalee25
04-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Andrea I have gone out in the daylight even went to the post office and bought stamps oh what a thrill it was. But i'll tell you this it was around halloween and I said I was on my way to a party and needed stamps. The young man working even called me mam and I had no makeup on but I did have a cheesy halloween wig on but i'm with the others please use caution if you do go out the last thing you want to do is run into the wrong person and get hurt or worse killed. I for one don't recomend going out in the daylight unless you totally are passable. Now you can test your theory go out around your house with the wig and sunglasses and see if you get any funny looks if not go a little further but don't go to london on your first outing take small steps and do be careful we wouldn't want to loose you

Karren H
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah you need to work on the makeup because sun glasses are nice but don't hide your entire face.

Love karren

DonnaT
04-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, going without makeup sounds like an ideal plan, but not if your face isn't totally hairless. As light as the hair on my face appears, a close shave isn't going pass without foundation. And once you have the foundation on, the rest of the makeup is a necessity.

However, if you aren't worried about passing, but just want the experience of going out, then makeup isn't necessary. Just be prepared for stares, even at night. However, YMMV, and you may not be noticed. But if you wear sunglasses at night, someones going to get curious.

Sam-antha
04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Try a headscarf with the wig. That can be a great help if you feel nervous about the wig itself.
For the location, try a town near yuo, one that you are familiar with. That familiarity helps a lot.
Driving up to london could be a bit much... first time out, excited and an accident happens.
An hotel rom in london is going to produce other problems as well as cost.

Good luck and happy walking.