PDA

View Full Version : If you could design a crossdressing character for telivision?

Pamela girl
04-17-2006, 12:57 PM
I have wondered what might be a great charecteer for a telivision show and this is what I came up with. Let me know your thoughts or what your perfect character would be.
The show would have nothing to do with crossdressing at all, however one of the characters, mabey about 15 would be a crossdresser. I wondered how to introduce this and think the best way would be to not even let the audiance know for the first season! We will call him Jim/Jane. THe first time the audiance is introduced to him as a crossdresser mabey have him in the mall with his one true freind who knows his secret but would never do anything to out him she would also be a pivital character in the show from another family. They are just walking throught the mall shopping as girls do (not dressed over the top) and having a conversation about nothing or somthing to do with the episope to further the story. Then from time to time introduce her further into one of characters and NOT let the audiance know Jim is Jane. It would be cool to give clues but not let the secret out till the second season.
One clue, Show Jane and her freind, Call her Heather sitting around Heathers room doing girl stuff, painting nails, trying on different outfits, gossiping, basicly an uneventfull afternoon. When Jim gets home his parents demand to know where he has been all afternoon. "At Heathers" "No you werent we called over there and her mom said she hasn't seen you".
It would be cool to see how long you could keep this up without the audiance beeing aware of what is going on.
Sorry for the long post but I was just letting my mind ramble

Ellaine
04-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Pamela You might consider having the CD character totally closeted and guilt ridden at first. Let the viewer warm to him without a definate clue. Then show the tears and frustration of not really understanding yet wanting to tell someone. Eventually getting caught out by his ( blackmailing? ) oversexed girlfriend. hhhhmmmm....

Just a thought. Good luck with it ...perhaps this'll turn into one for the writers forum? :)

Ramble on babe!

ReginaK
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
We need a cross dressing superhero. Mild mannered secretary by day. Bane of criminals by night. Not only does she have to have to hide her identity of being male-bodied from her co-workers, but she also has to hide her identity as a superhero. Of course this makes for all sorts of funny situations and leaves openings for serious topics as well.