PDA

View Full Version : Dressing feelings

Sam-antha
04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi there you guys,
Just visiting, a thing I have not done before. Allways a first time isn't there.
A question for you, if I may, on such an occasion...

I often wonder if you feel nearly as good and different as us girls do when we get ourselves really dressed and are stepping out, heels and minis ?
I sort of mean that your going out dressing is not so different from what could be normal for some females.
I hope you understand the question, since it is rather difficult to compare two differeent clothing styles.

Regards from me
~Samm

mistunderstood
04-17-2006, 01:42 PM
When I get fully dressed I feel great. I can handle any thing. When I try to wear womens clothes I am depressed and I feel out of place.

Kieron Andrew
04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
When I get fully dressed I feel great. I can handle any thing. When I try to wear womens clothes I am depressed and I feel out of place.
same for me thats why i dont wear girls clothes anymore.......except a bra cos i have to and thats bad enough!!

when i am in Shirt, pants and a tie i feel ready for anything!! and i know i look good too!!

mistunderstood
04-17-2006, 03:19 PM
I hate bras.

CaptLex
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I hate bras.
You said it! Although the sports bras are a bit better than the rest, but they're still uncomfortable.:thumbsdn:

To answer your question, Sam-antha:

Clothes really do make the man, as they say. When I'm fully dressed (shirt, tie, etc.) it's a great feeling. As the other guys have said, I'm definitely more confident and at ease.

Adam
04-17-2006, 04:35 PM
i havent worn a bra for 8 months and im pleased about it too lol gotta love these vests :D

Wren
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I'll take a bra over boxers any day. Uncomfortable useless items of clothing those are. Bleh! Yet so attractive...:sigh: When I go out in male clothing I usually feel like a failure since I am really petite and hour-glass shaped. When I am at conventions and people know the character I am potraying is male, I feel better and feel a lot more convincing. Hmm, strange that when I'm outrageously dressed I feel more male... maybe it does have something to do with the boys clothing is okay on girls thing. Besides all the strange nuances in animated characters tend to hide my girlishness better. Interesting males in anime are usually young boys too, and I look no older than 15, so I'm more believable as a little boy. Oh the sadness...

CaptLex
04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I'll take a bra over boxers any day.

I'll trade you . . . :D

I like your new avatar, Wren. :cool:

Kieron Andrew
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll trade you . . . :D

I like your new avatar, Wren. :cool:
im with you on that one!! i cant wait to be able to get rid of my bra!

Wren
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Maybe this whole bra sentiment is because I'm on the lower end of the bra scale, and I thank the lord everyday. I don't need to bind to hide my chest, a loose fitting shirt and a good bra do the trick. hehe.

CaptLex
04-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Another one here who hates bras. And bra fittings. Now those are horrible, humiliating times. Just because the people who work there have seen boobs before, that doesn't mean they have to see mine!
Even more humiliating, for me, are mammograms (not to mention painful). Unfortunately, at my age, they're necessary. I pray for a day that I don't have to let them squash me with that torture device and manipulate my boobs. :(

Wren
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Even more humiliating, for me, are mammograms (not to mention painful). Unfortunately, at my age, they're necessary. I pray for a day that I don't have to let them squash me with that torture device and manipulate my boobs. :(

I hear that the only way to recreate that kind of pain is to repeatedly hit yourself in the chest with a textbook. I find it so strange though, because that kind of trauma to the breast tissue is said to cause certain types of cancer. Seems like a conflict of interest, or an oxy moron or whatever they call those things. What a segue.

sparro
04-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I have a love hate relationship with bras. They keep me from living in pain, but they make me sweat like a banshee in the heat. My chest is always wet in the summer. It's rather gross.

I always felt kind of ugly in girls clothes. Especially when I hit my growth spurt (I grew like a boy would). I had huge honking shoulders and was gaggling and kind of angular. At my grad I looked like a mail box with a dress on.X_X
Of course, I grew into my body, but I never lost that angularity. Mens clothes better compliment the way I look. Also, being 5'11", I fit into mens clothes better. Honestly, I feel good looking in my mens clothes. As a girl, I feel okay, but in the way that an ogress would feel okay in a sea of petite princesses.

Addressing your question more directly, yeah, there is more space for acceptance for women dressing as men. And that can date back to the feminist movement. Before then, women look just as queer (excuse the expression) dressing as men as men did of women. Women wearing pants became a sign of women putting themselves on even ground with men. Subsequently, I guess now men wearing womens clothes is precieved as deviant or homosexual or both because your clothes are putting you into the more submissive role. It's a terrible shame for MtFs. Perhaps it's time for a neo mens revolution?

Wren
04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I think your the biggest FTM around here. Lucky devil :devil: It's good that you can enjoy your bigness. I know a girl who slouches and overcompensates for being tall, she's only 5'9" and makes us short people feel really cruddy, but I like being short so ha to her. In the end she just looks insecure with bad posture.

Wow I'm becoming Seque queen.

Edit
BTW: Thank you Captlex. My avatar is Talim from Soul Calibur 3. I like her for many reasons, one being that I kinda look like what the real life version of her might look like. Teeny tiny, dark haired, and I can swing a mean tonfa. HAHAHA! Yay martial arts.

CaptLex
04-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Still, if I get rid of them I'll be able to avoid mammograms, right? Man, I hope so.
That's the idea - I hope so too. Can't wait for that day. :Pray:

Sparro, I wish I were anywhere near 5'11". I'm 5'2" and finding men's clothes that fit is a project. Bet you look great in a suit. :cool:

julz
04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
That's the idea - I hope so too. Can't wait for that day. :Pray:

Sparro, I wish I were anywhere near 5'11". I'm 5'2" and finding men's clothes that fit is a project. Bet you look great in a suit. :cool:

Speaking of which, have you found any nice stores with smaller clothing? I tried a small dress shirt on at express and I was still swimming in it - I'm 5'3" (and a half ;) ) I've actually hit the point of buying boys clothes (as in little boy) because I can't find adult sizes that fit. :eek:

Fainne the King
05-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I feel uncomfortable and self conscious wearing girls clothes, even if it's just a cute top with jeans.

Ryan
05-12-2006, 04:14 AM
The only time I ever wore f clothes was when me Mam forced me to when we were going to weddings, oh and at times when I was still a baba. Other than that I had to wear a skirt for part of school, but then I went to a naughty persons unit, lol, and I could wear what I wanted. I feel embarressed wearing f clothes, and I never will wear em again, I dont go for jobs either that say I must wear f uniform etc, yuk! So for me I cant say there is any difference, only when I put on a shirt etc I feel better about myself, than say when Im just lounging aroung in jogging bottoms or jeans etc.