PDA

View Full Version : Hair removal cream

Lisa X
11-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Have any of you tried the hair removal cream such as Nair? Like to hear positive and negative comments. How does it work in sensative areas (ie bikini line)?

Thanks

clarissa3d
11-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I have been using Veet Depilatory hair mousse and it does remove the hair. As I understand each person will have differing results. I have sinsitive skin and if I leave it on more than 8 minutes it will cause my pours to burn and later I will have little red spots all over my legs. ouch

After using veet more than three times (correctly) it has been keeping the hair gone longer and longer each time. I have to use it about every two to three weeks.

Follow the instructions to the letter. Nair just burns and does nothing on me.

Hope this helps.

lynnegirlie
11-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I've never tried Veet, but Nair and Sally Hansen products cause teh red bumps and burning......and don't do a very good job on my hair! :mad:

i may give Veet a try! ;)

BTW, Thank you to all yo grrls on this forum......I don't feel so alone after reading through many posts here! :o

Lynne

Renecd
11-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Nair can cause alot of irratation. I once tried it on my chest and afterward you would have thought I had been in the sun for hours on end...OUCH!!! :eek:
I am going to try veet for the first time tonight. I'll let you know the resilts.

Hugs,
Rene

Suzanna_CD
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
I've tried both Nair and Veet, both seem to work fine for me.

Suzanna

Felicity
11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I have used Nair and Epilstop. The Epilstop wasn't strong enough with the time I gave it to do a proper job. Nair works great, but can irritate the skin something fierce. Haven't tried the Veet... I want to her more too.

Pros for Nair:
Does a exceptional job.
Fast, works in about 5 minutes for my legs. 10 minutes with epilstop, and still hair.
Lasts about 3 weeks before a fine hair growth returns.

Cons for Nair:
Stinks, the room ends up smelling a little like burnt hair. Keep the fan on.
Cannot use on any irritated skin areas. Will leave inflamation where you have shaved.
Some people have too sensitive skin for its use also.
Damages the top layer of the skin. The skin feels rubbery for a few days. Have to be careful before and after using.
Make sure you under stand the instructions, especially Do Not Rub!

Georgette
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
I tried Veet and it started to burn after about 3 minutes so got in the shower and got it off real quick I will try again though.
Hugs ;)

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be :rolleyes:

Suzanna_CD
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Just used Nair for 2nd or 3rd time. From what I remember about Veet, Veet seems to work better on me (for bikini area anyway, haven't tried it on legs yet). Nair seems to always leave a little bit of hair on me, but I may not be leaving it on for long enough.

Suzanna

Renecd
11-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I did try the veet tonight and all it did was burn my chest. Now I need to get rid of the red spots...looks like lots of lotion tonight. Back to the old fashioned way...shaving!

Hugs,
Rene

crispy
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
I use Veet and find I have to leave it on at least 15 minutes to get a reasonable job. It dries out before then, so I sometimes use klingfilm wrap. Alternatively refresh with wet hands and rub in (which I know you're not supposed to do).

Bikini line - no problem. Even all over the tackle (but make sure there are no sores from 'overwork' before you do that!!) :eek:

But the best by far is Veet aerosol which is much more moist and doesn't need rubbing on at all.

But whatever I use, the ingrowing hairs still cause red spots, mainly on my upper/inner thighs.

I only use Veet about once a month, as a treat, really. :)

It's worth the pain, even if the 3-day stubble is a nuisance. Then my skin begins to feel like sharkskin, so I gently shave twice a week in the worst areas.

< :D >

Tristen Cox
11-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Sorry folks beaches are closed...'Sharkshair'....we'll need to hire a boat! :p

Sharon
11-08-2004, 02:01 AM
I've been wanting to try the lotions(I've been convinced that Veet is the way to go), but how well do they do the bikini area without removing everything? I prefer to leave a landing strip if I can.

Sweet Susan
11-08-2004, 02:04 AM
I received severe burns from Epilstop. Nair was okay, but didn't seem to get it all.

crispy
11-08-2004, 02:35 AM
I've been wanting to try the lotions(I've been convinced that Veet is the way to go), but how well do they do the bikini area without removing everything? I prefer to leave a landing strip if I can.
DUHHH??

don't spread it on the areas you want to remain?

no, that's too simple... :confused:

.... what's your problem, lady? Maybe you need a shark nip :D

Sharon
11-08-2004, 02:45 AM
DUHHH??

.... what's your problem, lady? Maybe you need a shark nip :D

Careful, this pirahna bites back.

My concern is that it being a lotion, doesn't it run(spread) beyond the applied area? Or is the lotion that thick that it doesn't spread?
Sorry if this was a dumb question.

crispy
11-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Careful, this pirahna bites back.

My concern is that it being a lotion, doesn't it run(spread) beyond the applied area? Or is the lotion that thick that it doesn't spread?
Sorry if this was a dumb question.
the cream is like butter, the aerosol is like a thick spray (just shade the areas you want to avoid). No it doesn't run all over the place.

Even better, why don't you buy some and try? :rolleyes:

If you want a neat pubic triangle, trim the hair down to the right length first, then it's easy to keep the triangle neat when you depilate. :)

< :D >

Y&J
11-08-2004, 01:05 PM
My best result has been waxing. It's not as painful as it seems :p
And it removes the hair right from the root, so it won't grow back in a while. With Nair, it only removes the hair on top of the leg, therefore it grows back thick and fast. You can buy the wax mix at any store. It works great for me. Although, you need lots of time to do that since it's strip by strip of hair.. not all at once. Nair irritates my skin and I look like I got chicken pox.. :p
So if I'm in a rush, I just shave it of..lol. But with a cream though.
Good Luck

Danielle1960
11-09-2004, 12:13 PM
I used the cream (nair) and it worked with little irritation the 1st time. The 2nd time my body was on fire, so I've avoided it. I'm experimenting with the various other at home things. My latest purchase was a laser removal (eplia I think :confused: ) and I'll give you an update as I try it out. I hope it works, I hope it works :D

Love ya all
Danielle

ieya
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
In the UK. There is product thats slightly cheaper than VEET but does good well for me anyhow. Its the superdrug homestore one.

£1.99 per 150 ml bottle as veet is £3.99 per 100ml

love ieya