PDA

View Full Version : Corset came yesterday

christine55
11-07-2004, 04:30 PM
My new corset came yesterday. It gives me a much more feminine profile besides which I have been managing to lose a bit of weight. With the fat around my waist, the wrong place for a girl, it was a common cause of being read. I go out as often as I can am working on my feminine mannerisms and confidence. I seem to do okay while walking around store, but if the cashier is a young girl I usually get read. It is hard to fool the girls.
Hugs Christine

http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/purtop.jpg

ieya
11-07-2004, 04:34 PM
you look familar to me. Though i dont actually know you . But had teacher who looked like you when i was younger. She was my english teacher.

you look good hun

love ieya
xxxxxxxx

Amelie
11-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Christine,,Don't worry if someone reads you, just go out and have fun. Life is too short for worrying. You look very nice.

Love Amelie

Julie
11-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Good to hear your corset has arrived Christine, it's a good opportunity to see if you get a different response from a young cashier. You're looking good. :)

Julie J

Sweet Susan
11-07-2004, 06:27 PM
I'd love to have a corset. Where'd you get yours?

christine55
11-07-2004, 06:51 PM
ebay, here is a link to the same corset I bought very inexpensive. I have about a 34 waist. this corset could be just a bit tighter, bit it still works really well. If it was smaller it would be more uncomfortable . this one is not too bad for my size
Hugs Christine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45278&item=5337179435&rd=1

Felicity
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Most corsets are sized for a true waist size that they will tighten too. Most people can comfortably use a corset 4" smaller IF and that is a definate IF the rest fits correct.

I can go 6" comfortable with some, and some people can go 8" smaller. Don't expect a 24" waist to go -8"..... Someone 26-30" should be able to have a 4" smaller corset, 30" or mor, 6", maybe 8" smaller. Several factors involved, but mostly fit.

There are several cheap knock-off corsets that are not really corsets out there, and they are often sized for the bust.

Since us guys don't have the same hips as a women, a corset generally forms a V in the back where it laces instead of being parallel like it should.

The only way to really be happy with a corset is to try it on first. You risk being unhappy with the results, especially buying one sight unseen that was designed for a woman.

I'm sure others exist, but the best place I know of that makes custom fit corsets is Dark Garden Corsetry. Check them out at www.darkgarden.com. You can send them your measurements and they can make a custom corset. Be advised, they are expensive!

Stephanie Brooks
11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi Christine!

Your figure looks great!!!!! :) I know, when I open my mouth, I typically go from passing to being read. Oh well, c'est la vie, non?

Jenna1561
11-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Christine, you do look good! I agree with Amelie, don't worry if someone reads you - have fun! It's good advice - only wish I'd listen to it myself.

I become extremely self-conscious when read, and you're right, it is usually the younger girls who make a deal out of it. Older women probably read me, but most have the class and tact not to make a scene.

Love,
Jenna