PDA

View Full Version : Need Meeting Ideas.

HaleyPink2000
04-18-2006, 03:04 AM
I just did join the Champaign Illinois TriEss Group. The last meeting was the Head of the Support group, and two other people, that was including me. So it was the three of us.

What I need from my forum Sisters are meeting ideas to bring in more people. We have like 75 people on the Yahoo group roster that show up once and a while. Very seldom actually, to the meetings. Even our list online is not used much. When we talk about makeup or girlie things we get a few comments. But the deeper issues of CDing we get few people that weigh in.

I'd just like to see more of them come to the support group meetings. But I'm at a loss as to how to help our group other than to show up myself.

Any Positive Ideas would help? Please no negative slams at Triess as that is counter productive. Also not what I'm looking for. Thanks!

kristine239
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Too bad you were not at Transgender 2006 in Philadelphia PA earlier this month. We had a great workshop with many leaders of support groups including Rochelle Nicole of Cross Dressers Intl www.cdinyc.org, Dr. Marisa Richmond of Tenesee Vals and even Jane Ellen Fairfax National Chair of Tri-Ess. You might want to e-mail her directly at jeftriess@aol.com. I know she could give you a lot of advice.

Kristine

Janelle Young
04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Two thoughts come to me. First is do you e mail members with a reminder of the next meeting? Second one is do you post a thread of the meeting on any of the newsgroups? If people do not know of the meeting it is hard to attend.

Annaliese
04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I just did join the Champaign Illinois TriEss Group. The last meeting was the Head of the Support group, and two other people, that was including me. So it was the three of us.

What I need from my forum Sisters are meeting ideas to bring in more people. We have like 75 people on the Yahoo group roster that show up once and a while. Very seldom actually, to the meetings. Even our list online is not used much. When we talk about makeup or girlie things we get a few comments. But the deeper issues of CDing we get few people that weigh in.

I'd just like to see more of them come to the support group meetings. But I'm at a loss as to how to help our group other than to show up myself.

Any Positive Ideas would help? Please no negative slams at Triess as that is counter productive. Also not what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Just one Idea, FOOD if you feed them they will come.

Anna

HaleyPink2000
04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Food, well we all go out to dinner after the meeting to a local place like Smokie Bones. There is Coffee and cookies during the meeting or what ever the Girls that come bring to share. I usually bring something nice. Or pick up something on the way.

Meeting notice, Hmmm? We have a user group on yahoo that is like a forum thing where you can post messages by first to last like on here. Yahoo has it easy to use etc. Our local Leader sends out E-mails to the members just as a notice of up coming meeting location etc.

Hmm and as for Calling TriEss National members. Good Idea I'll be all over that this week if possible.

Any more Ideas Girls? PLZ!!!

VeronicaMoonlit
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
[COLOR="Magenta"][I]I just did join the Champaign Illinois TriEss Group. The last meeting was the Head of the Support group, and two other people, that was including me. So it was the three of us.

Ouch. That's not good. I was wondering what CUI's numbers were, I was hoping they were better.

75 really isn't that bad. I think Chi up in Chi-town has what, 200 enrolled members or so? Of course most don't come to meetings, so they'd only get around 20 - 25 % of that except for the big glamour filled events like the Spring Fling and Puttin on the Ritz.

How much media outreach does CUI do? Meaning ads in enwspapers, on the cable TV public access stuff and whatnot? How active is the membership in finding others? Do you get the GLB community to spread the word too?

As for the message board, the official Tri-Ess boards and mailing list are dwarfed by the traffic here. There's hordes of people here that probably would be well suited for Tri-Ess but are not members. Find out why they aren't.

I must say that I was a member of the CUI yahoogroup until Rae asked me to leave. I disagreed with her on certain things and she wanted 100% agreement. I couldn't do that. I told Rae that it would probably be better to start an open group first to try to gauge numbers and get contacts before forming any Tri-Ess chapter. Because it would be damned hard to find members and get people coming, therefor an "open" group would mean larger numbers.

I also suggested forming the group n Bloomington-Normal and not Champaign because B-N is more centrally located and could draw upon a larger population base being better located. You know, get people from Peoria, B-N, Champaign, Kankakee, Decatur, Clinton Larger population base, central location not too far from anyone...more people show up.

Have you asked people why they don't come?

Any Positive Ideas would help? Please no negative slams at Triess as that is counter productive. Also not what I'm looking for. Thanks

What...no picking on Tri-Ess? Darn. I tried not to.

Veronica

Julie York
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Crossdressers are people. People don't go to "I am a person " meetings and have a whole lot of fun.

Have a karaoki night, "As much as you can drink night" or anything that humans would find entertaining.

The fact that they crossdress is secondary to wanting an entertaining evening out. Arrange an evening that anyone would enoy and throw in corssdressing as an option.

HaleyPink2000
04-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Julie,

Great Ideas, thanks! I'll be writing down all your ideas and running these past the group on the CUI forum / yahoo group. It would be better to only have CD support group type meetings like maybe every other month or so. Then a Play meeting the other months. I believe your correct. If these people meet each other they will become friends and find answers to their questions.

Thanks again!

kittypw GG
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
How about having the CD'S makeover the GG'S night? I would attend that one. LOL would be a gas :rofl: Kitty

VeronicaMoonlit
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
How about having the CD'S makeover the GG'S night? I would attend that one. LOL would be a gas :rofl: Kitty

That would be a gas! :-) If you could get more than a half dozen GG's to come. :-(

Veronica

Butterfly Bill
04-18-2006, 08:53 PM
How much media outreach does CUI do? Meaning ads in enwspapers, on the cable TV public access stuff and whatnot? How active is the membership in finding others? Do you get the GLB community to spread the word too

I thought Tri-Ess wasn't into that sort of thing, with all the things they do to maintain their "safe and secure environment". I am told that somebody has to screen you before you can go to even one meeting. I have to say that the problem HaleyPink describes come to a good extent from the general xenophobic attitude of that organization

Melanie R
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
For ideas to get more members to meetings, you may want to check out the Tau Chi Houston calendar at www.tau-chi.org. For example this Saturday we have the Houston Police Dept. presenting a program on safety isseus for transgendered persons. This is an open meeting with all 6 Houston TG groups invited to attend. In May we have a CD Baptist minister presenting a program on religious issues.

Melanie

Karren H
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
How about a lingerie party?? Here they are popular with the real girls? hehehe I'd love to come to one of the meetings next time in Illinois on an enfemme business trip!! But you will have to start using more electricity which burns more coal so we can build more coal mines!!! Deal??? LOL

Love Karren

Phoebe Reece
04-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Haley,

You might try a more expanded range of activities. Sigma Epsilon in Atlanta has been successful in attracting a lot of CD's from surrounding states each month by having a weekend full of things to do. Our typical monthly meeting starts with a gathering at the hotel suite we meet in on a Friday afternoon. By around 7:00 PM we go out to dinner at some restaurant we are familiar with (sometimes we even split up into two different groups to go to different places). After dinner, we assemble in the suite again and then either go to the hotel bar and hang out or maybe go out clubbing. On saturday morning we get together in the suite beginning around 9:00 AM and have a "newcomers meeting" from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Our "newcomers meeting" is where we all just talk about the more serious issues in our lives concerning crossdressing - and it is not just for newcomers. On Saturday afternoon we have some groups going out to lunch or museums or shopping or makeovers. In early evening we assemble in the suite and then go out as one group to a nice restaurant that we have made reservations at. After dinner, it's back to the suite and then to the bar or wherever. On Sunday morning there is what we call a "bubba breakfast" where those still around have brunch at a nearby restaurant with the guys all "drab".

I know this sounds like a lot of going out dressed - and it is for those that are ready for it. But we also provide for the girls that are not ready for that by providing the meeting suite for them to change in and just hang out there (we sometimes will have room service bring meals in). If they are not ready to dress enfemme yet with others, but just want to talk with us - that's OK too. Our mission is to provide support - both for the CD and wife or SO. That includes those just meeting others for the first time as well as those that have been dressing and going out for years.

That said, even though we get around 20 to 30 to show up each month, there are many members of our chapter that I have never met. Some people will just not travel and meet with others no matter what your program is.

I can send you some more details offline if you like.

Maria2004
04-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I thought Tri-Ess wasn't into that sort of thing, with all the things they do to maintain their "safe and secure environment". I am told that somebody has to screen you before you can go to even one meeting. I have to say that the problem HaleyPink describes come to a good extent from the general xenophobic attitude of that organization

Wow, like minded people gathering together to share a common perspective considered "xenophobic" so un-American. Can you name any GLBT group that welcome skinheads and Nazis so they wouldn't be considered xenophobes?

Caitlintgsd
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Down here at the bottom of the left coast we have a couple of fairly active groups that meet.
Frequently they have guest presentations and speakers. One month they'll have somebody come in and give makeup tips (Yeah! Samples!), another meeting they'll have a gender counselor come and speak.
We also have an ongoing workshop series that meets once a month. Some of the topics which were covered were legal issues (i.e. name changes, social security dept, drivers license issues), etiquette, electrolysis etc. This coming Thursday night they'll have a presentation from one of the local endocrinologists.
Hope this helps...

kittypw GG
04-19-2006, 04:55 AM
YIKES! If you want the so's to come don't invite the Endocrinologist :straightface: This would be one to make us run.
Sorry it's our worst fear. Kitty

Joy Carter
04-19-2006, 05:15 AM
I'm looking for a group to join or would be interested in helping one form in NW Ohio, Southern Michigan or North East Ind. I'm not agreat one for organization but I'm a hard worker and I can give of myself contact me if interested. The nearest ones are over a hundred and fifty miles away.

LeannL
04-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Haley,

I was a member of the Lamda Mu chapter for a while before I moved. A few thoughts from their meetings. They suffered a bit as you do. First, food is important but not everyone is willing to go out. I was but many were not. We would either do pot luck or we would get take out. I went out and got Chinese or chicken or we would have something delivered. At the time we were using a motel for our meetings. Because the motel added a bar that got rowdy, we left and started meeting at someone's home. Since then pot luck was all we did since we could do some real cooking.

We would have someone come one out of about three meetings. They ranged from make-up consultants to police to councilors to Tri-Ess officers. The key here is that you need something other than getting together with the girls as the reason to come. If you can get some SOs to come, they really add to the appeal as many of us CDs need to talk to an accepting SO to better understand their whole situation (as exemplified by the importance of SOs here.) A number of people did stop coming because we didn't do enough so programming is important.

Hope this helps.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 05:53 AM
For example this Saturday we have the Houston Police Dept. presenting a program on safety isseus for transgendered persons.In May we have a CD Baptist minister presenting a program on religious issues.

Melanie

No offense, but the police presentations are overdone. Safety issues are safety issues they aren't that much different for anyone. That's part of the problem. You got the wig one, the police one, maybe a deportment one, maybe another wig one or makeup one, then maybe one on laser or electro. Then next year it's the same thing. You can only attend so many makeup presentations before it becomes "same-old", same goes for ones from the police, etc.

And having a minister at a Tri-Ess meeting is a bad idea. Some of us simply have no love for organized religion. Oh sure you've got the gals who are a bit...."obsessed" with faith, but a some of us think there's too much talk and writing about faith issues and not enough talk about other things. Personally I got a little tired of all the "crossdressing and the bible" articles in the Mirror.

Veronica

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Wow, like minded people gathering together to share a common perspective considered "xenophobic" so un-American. Can you name any GLBT group that welcome skinheads and Nazis so they wouldn't be considered xenophobes?

The screening process can come across as a bit...um....overly concerned with security. You have to rmember that Butterfly Bill has a beard and Tri-Ess's rules say he can't be a member.

Veronica

rhonda jane
04-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Now you know how to have fun. CDing just adds to the fun. Who could complain?

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 06:23 AM
I also think it might be a good idea to get members doing more with each other. For example instead of "Yet another wig presentation" or "yet another makeup presentation" and getting some outside "expert" to talk about that. Have your members do so, show their tips, what they do etc. I know there's makeupistas among the CD's. :-)

Or another example, you know how there's CD folks who have problems learning how to deal with photos on their computers, have a meeting with a photo manipulation class/tutorial given by one of the geekbabe members.

Or have a game night, have people bring board games, PS2's, whatever. You could have a table playing Monopoly, another group sitting around a display playing Hot Shots Golf,

The Karaoke night mentioned earlier by Julie would be a fun thing too. While I might be too embarassed to sing a Kelly Clarkson or or other "chick" song in "public" at a meeting it wouldn't matter if I wanted to sing a bunch of songs by female artists.

Field trips for those who need a little friendly support to go out in public might be fun. Chi is so close to a large shopping emporium but never did any.

Heck even having some trannies bring a portable ham radio setup, or model train setup might be more interesting than "yet another same-old presentation" :-)

Veronica

Melanie R
04-19-2006, 08:44 AM
No offense, but the police presentations are overdone. Safety issues are safety issues they aren't that much different for anyone. That's part of the problem. You got the wig one, the police one, maybe a deportment one, maybe another wig one or makeup one, then maybe one on laser or electro. Then next year it's the same thing. You can only attend so many makeup presentations before it becomes "same-old", same goes for ones from the police, etc.

And having a minister at a Tri-Ess meeting is a bad idea. Some of us simply have no love for organized religion. Oh sure you've got the gals who are a bit...."obsessed" with faith, but a some of us think there's too much talk and writing about faith issues and not enough talk about other things. Personally I got a little tired of all the "crossdressing and the bible" articles in the Mirror.

Veronica

Veronica,

You certainly have all the answers. Talk about what other things? I do not hear any ideas coming from you. You do know how to criticize anything that is not your idea.

Melanie

Maria2004
04-19-2006, 11:27 AM
The screening process can come across as a bit...um....overly concerned with security. You have to rmember that Butterfly Bill has a beard and Tri-Ess's rules say he can't be a member.

Veronica

Yes I noticed Butterfly Bill has a beard, a very nice beard, so if you know the rules then you know that's not why Bill can't be a member. Tri-Ess isn't about cross dressing it's about relationships, a very specific type of relationship, that of a man who just happens to be a CD in a loving and caring relationship with a woman. I don't need Tri-Ess to be a CD, I'd be a CD even if Tri-Ess never existed. But with out Tri-Ess support for both my wife and myself I'd most definatly be divorced or still living the waking nightmare of my closethood days. I have absolutly nothing against Bill what so ever, seems like a great person and would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Tri-Ess isn't anti GBLT but nor was it set up to solve all of the GBLT worlds problems, it was set up by CDers like me for CDers like me to focus on the most important issue of our lives, coming to terms with being a CD and preserving our relationship with our wives or girlfriends.

Tri-Ess isn't a party club for the GBLT community, it's a support group for people in my particular set of circumstances, and it worked, it helped save my marrage, and not trying to be overly dramatic, maybe my life. If it weren't for "absolutly essential" security they provide my wife would have never attended our first meeting "together"!

Anyone who bashes Tri-Ess for feeling "excluded" proves to me that they were right to excluded for they have no empithy for my situaton and would have provided no deep level understanding and support that only "being there yourself" can. If I want to party I go somewhere and party, if my wife and I need help and support in dealing with our relationship in light of my crossdressing we go to Tri-Ess, because THAT'S what it's there for.

Maria Andres

Sigma Epsilon, Atlanta, Geogia

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I love all the ideas Girls. I'll copy off this thred and take it to our next TriEss meeting. I'm so glad you all are interested in helping me with this. It's for the good of all of us that Groups around the globe do well. Your all so kind, Thanks!
Hgz:)

( PS ) Keep letting me know any new thoughts you might have. This thred is not for TriEss bashing, BTW. I need real help in this. Anything else is not productive.

sharifemme
04-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi, Haley...

We have had the same problem at STGA Ithaca in the past. Some things that might help are to invite guests to the meeting who would bring interesting discussion with them. We have had lawyers and police officers to discuss legalities, salon owners to discuss laser hair removal, makeup consultants to do makeovers, and pastors of W&A Churches to discuss Christianity and the TG. We have had clothing exchange nights, TG movie nights, book review nights, and "how to get on our forum nights." After the regular meetings, we always go out to dinner with those who are comfortable going out.

We sometimes have a second social meeting a month and go bowling, going to a club, shopping, have a picnic or do some sightseeing. As a group, there is some activity supporting PRIDE and our sister groups in the area.

The important thing to stimulate interest is to have an interesting purpose for the meeting. Meetings where people just get together and talk about whatever usually cause lowering of attendance at subsequent meetings. Also, the group should do it's best NOT to alienate any of the sub-groups. Our group is open, meaning it is full-spectrum, and at times bad feelings have happened due to exclusion of people from one end or the other of that spectrum.

Good Luck with the problem. Remember that it won't be fixed in a hurry. It takes time and effort to build a group.

Sharifemme

miss_sarah
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM

I think a lot of this is a midwest smaller town issue. I live near Decatur, and SO MANY people - especially those who aren't from Central Illinois assume that Decatur, Bloomington, Springfield and Champaign are right on top of each other, and that the majority of people in each town travel to the others often. That's simply not the case. A good 90% of the people I know here RARELY go to springfield, and even more rarely travel to bloomington or champaign for anything. Personally, that's probably the sole reason I've never joined any of the already existing groups. Any choice: Springfield, Bloomington or Champaign are all about an hour drive from here (Springfield being the closest). Tack on a couple hours getting ready to go out, drive time there and back, rising cost of gasoline, etc and very quickly it's not at all worth it to me to make that drive - regardless of what "how-to" or activity is being presented. I realize there are some, many even, that DO travel between these cities, but I'd be willing to wager it's not a majority and when you stamp the gender-bent criteria against that list it becomes extremely smaller.

As someone who is pretty anti-social to begin with (partly a result of being closeted for a long time and dealing with this weirdness), I'd be much more attracted to a smaller group anyway. If I knew 200+ people were going to be in a banquet room at the holiday inn together it would more likely scare me from going at all. Besides, I suck at remembering names... nametags are essential LMAO

Too bad you were not at Transgender 2006 in Philadelphia PA earlier this month.

I realize you weren't speaking directly to me here, but I felt the urge to make this comment: I wanted to make that trip (quite the contradiction to the above huh!) but that event was nowhere NEAR affordable for us.

As for the TRI-ESS drama, if they want to impose strict regulations on who can partake and who cannot, that's their business and what makes this a free country. I personally won't support/join, but I won't condemn either, because they have that right 0.02

I guess, in the end, this wasn't exactly a helpful post LOL other than to perhaps explain some of the lack of draw from the surrounding area... ? *shrug*

Melanie R
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
[.

Tri-Ess isn't a party club for the GBLT community, it's a support group for people in my particular set of circumstances, and it worked, it helped save my marrage, and not trying to be overly dramatic, maybe my life. If it weren't for "absolutly essential" security they provide my wife would have never attended our first meeting "together"!

Anyone who bashes Tri-Ess for feeling "excluded" proves to me that they were right to excluded for they have no empithy for my situaton and would have provided no deep level understanding and support that only "being there yourself" can. If I want to party I go somewhere and party, if my wife and I need help and support in dealing with our relationship in light of my crossdressing we go to Tri-Ess, because THAT'S what it's there for.

Maria Andres

Sigma Epsilon, Atlanta, Geogia[/QUOTE]

Maria,

You have made some excellent points about Tri-Ess. Tri-Ess is a support organization for crossdressers and their significant others. Socializing and social events out in public are benefits from the membership. I agree that if someone feels excluded let them join an open group or start their own group that accepts everyone.

Veronica, you are wrong again. Tri-Ess does not excluded someone if they have a beard. In Houston we have 2 members with beards. They come to meetings with their beards and several times each year shave the beards and do complete makeup. In Tri-Ess we also have some female to male crossdressers with beards. My point is TAKE WHAT VERONICA SAYS ABOUT TRI-ESS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! She is no longer a member of Tri-Ess which is fine with me and many others who are bothered by her negativity and bashing of Tri-Ess.

Melanie

Julie York
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Pass the parcel.....with boy stuff and girly stuff at random. Could be very funny.

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
I live near Springfield IL. It's a situation that the Gas is going to $4 a gallon also. Being retired now I'm on a fixed income. Next months meeting is important to me. But again it serves no purpose for Myself, and my Wife, if no ones goes. This is why I feel so deeply about getting people to come to meetings. If they don't go then their issues don't get answered nor do mine. It's the socialization, with other peers thats going to help my relationship with my Wife. Also helping me figure this out " Cross dressing ". I don't know why I let it take up my time and my thoughts. I dream of it etc. I know that many others feel as I do. But again with out our support group, I won't find answers.

I did E-mail Jane Ellen from TriEss with no return answer yet. But it's only been since yesterday that I did post to her. I'm sure She will also try to help.

We did have a local Gay couple come to one of our meetings, to meet us all. It was nice to meet a couple that acted like a devoted Male and Female. She was dressed en femme
“ a very beautiful Woman mtf CD” and He was very male. It was a good learning experience for others and myself. I had never met a devoted Gay couple before. It has changed a few Ideas I had. It was a big growing “ learing “ experience.

That said, yes other issues may be addressed at a TriEss meeting. But My problems and Wife's are paramount to me, as yours are to you. I will do what ever is required to figure this out, and keep my marriage. That might be as simple as one meeting that my Wife goes to and meets just the correct Peer of Her's to talk to. If CDs don't go why would SOs. Many meetings have been nothing but CDs and no SOs.

We need a support group that works in Central Illinois. For that to happen, people have to come. Talk, socialize and have fun. If that means TriEss National stepping in, then they should I feel. Our Local people have done just almost everything I can think of.

But Please, No arguments here, as I said that is counter productive.
I need real Ideas and your help in this.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
[.
You have made some excellent points about Tri-Ess. Tri-Ess is a support organization for crossdressers and their significant others.

You might want to rephrase that so it sounds less exclusive of single and divorced CD's. That's one of the things that bothered me about the National leadership. How they would constantly imply that Tri-Ess members were all married and that Tri-Ess was for married CD's. The phrasing's more inclusive on the Tri-Ess website though.

Veronica, you are wrong again. Tri-Ess does not excluded someone if they have a beard. In Houston we have 2 members with beards.

so beards are allowed in Houston, I didn't know that. But Chi chapter in Chicago does (or did) have a rule against beards. I was quite surprised when I was told of it. I got the impression from the leaders that the rule came from National.

My point is TAKE WHAT VERONICA SAYS ABOUT TRI-ESS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! She is no longer a member of Tri-Ess

Fair enough. I do not disguise my dislike for the current leadership of Tri-Ess and how they lead. Tri-Ess as individual chapters and support in general is a different thing. I have, many times, recommended people join Tri-Ess. I have said, many many times, that PALS (Partners Are Learning Supporters, the wife/so support system) is a good thing and how I wished more wives/so's participated in it.

It's sort of like if I was to criticize the mayor of my town, it wouldn't mean I don't love my town, I just want to improve it.

Hey! How do you know I'm not a member? I don't think I've mentioned my membership status here, that's info you should not be divulging (unless I've actually divulged it) just like how Tri-Ess couldn't confirm whether Sam Walls was or had been a member when he got outed in his political campaign

many others who are bothered by her negativity and bashing of Tri-Ess.

Melanie

I got bothered by the self congratulatory back slapping and "Tri-Ess is Gods gift to CD's" attitude I saw in the Natinoal leadership. And the inability to take criticism about Tri-Ess's flaws and things that could use fixing (like the decline in membership since the mid 80's) without complaining about negativity, or having a "You dare criticize us, Father knows best." attitude. And I am not the only one who felt/feels that way.

Veronica

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Veronica :(

I'm sorry for your problems with TriEss.

But it is what I have in my life right now.

Please lets calm down some for my sake please.

I'm asking nicely Veronica. I need productive comments on how to possibly fix our problems of attendance at our local group. It's not going to help cat fighting with our Sisters over spilt milk. We all can get along Hun.

This forum is for support also, that is why I come here. I need that.
I listen to everyone and take the ideas that I feel suit my situation.

You and My Sisters Here are trying to give me support in my problem.
I know.

Thanks Veronica!

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I need productive comments on how to possibly fix our problems of attendance at our local group.

You got them. I'll think of more eventually and pass them along,. The biggies are, location and variety in meeting programs. And even as a singleton I think it's very important to have as many SO's and wives attend so you really need to push people to bring them. Everyone needs to feel welcome and part of the group, you might want to have a designated greeter and make an effort to get the newer/shyer people as involved as you can.

I listen to everyone and take the ideas that I feel suit my situation.

That's for the best. You might try a "scattergun" approach. Try all sorts of different things and see what works for you. And don't forget communication with those who aren't coming and those who do come. Finding out why they do or don't come is very important and might help you the most.

And outreach, even if it's limited. Tri-Ess on a National level experienced it's big membership surge when CD's appeared on Phil Donahue back in the 80's. That's when I first heard of Tri-Ess. So the more ways you can spread the word the better.

You and My Sisters Here are trying to give me support in my problem.
I know.

Thanks Veronica!

I'm trying. (both meanings intended) :-)

Veronica

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 05:37 PM
I may get something that works for our group from this. Thanks very much Girls! Really!:)

HaleyPink2000
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Would you think it's because we have meetings in a public place our attendance is down?

In a local Hotel.

VeronicaMoonlit
04-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Would you think it's because we have meetings in a public place our attendance is down?

In a local Hotel.

Perhaps, but odds are not likely. Chi-chapter meets at a hotel in the suburbs. I know other chapters do too.

As I said, you should probably just ask why people aren't coming.

Veronica

HaleyPink2000
04-20-2006, 08:09 AM
That really gets me, I have tried to figure this out for a while now. I think maybe I'll try a e-mail posting to everyone in the group, for ideas also. That might make them feel involved. Don't know right now what else to try.

We talked last night on the phone for an hour about this. It seems that we might also try getting a Professional Cammera person with back drops and everything to come and take photos of members. This would be for them " the Members " to take home. Also a local Beauty Salon Lady to come and do their makeup before the shoot.