PDA

View Full Version : help with colours

karin
04-18-2006, 06:28 AM
hi ya girls PLEASE is there anyone who can advise me on which colours to use with my make up i am dark haired , brown eyes with a pale complection and oval face i have used the trial and error method but end spending most of the time washing it back bloody off lol. my partner is of little help seeing as she has such gr8 skin and natural tones she has NEVER had to use much make up if any at all(lucky bugga lol)but i am getting so frustrated with myself because i either end up looking clownish or worse ive tried plums and coffees around the eyes (colours not fruits lol) which dont look too far off being suited to me but no girl wants to use the same shades every time and as for my lips how do i know wot lip colour goes with wot shadow or blush PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP i need to get to grips with doing my own face and not relying on my partner doing it for me hope someone has some ideas for me
Karin :sad:

Kathy Newark GG
04-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi
Some years back there was a fad for working out what colours suit you by season e.g. I suit 'autumn' colours but look dreadful in pale pink or pale blue. My lipsticks are coral, warm red or brick reds. True pinks again are a no-no for me. My SO looks great in heavy plums.

Suggest you Google "colour me beautiful" . That was the name of the system and the book. Might find the book second hand on Amazon.

Hope this helps and have fun trying.

cheers
Kathy Newark GG

karin
04-18-2006, 07:14 AM
thank you kathy will give it a try and pray it helps lol

Christina Nicole
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Go to a makeup counter and ask the makeup artist for help. Many stores now have private rooms for trying makeup. You can also try beauty parlors and spas. Call in advance and ask them if they can help you with what you need. Odds are, unless the MA (makeup artist) is newly into the business, she (or he!) has worked with other crossdressers before.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

JoAnnDallas
04-18-2006, 12:58 PM
There are also programs that you can download and with these you upload a picture of your face. You then outline your face, nose, lips, eyes, and brows. Once this is done, then you can select diffrerent makeup for different areas of your face and it will be applied to your picture. You can save the picture or even send it to a photo printer and print it out. Make sure you have your wig on before taking and uploading your picture. It makes all the difference in the world. You can make various pictures and take them with you when you go and get a makeover as a reference.

Teresa Amina
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
There are also programs that you can download and with these you upload a picture of your face. You then outline your face, nose, lips, eyes, and brows. Once this is done, then you can select diffrerent makeup for different areas of your face and it will be applied to your picture. You can save the picture or even send it to a photo printer and print it out. Make sure you have your wig on before taking and uploading your picture. It makes all the difference in the world. You can make various pictures and take them with you when you go and get a makeover as a reference.

The program I use is "Mirror of Beauty". You can really get a good idea of what works and what doesn't work for you with this. Lots of fun! I tried a Goth look just for laughs- was really awful! Glad I didn't do it for real!!!!

karin
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
well thank you to all
what a myriad of advice you all shared, i will try most of your ideas and who knows the next pic seen of me will be my FIRST fully femmed
thanks for sharing girls see you all soon
Karin