PDA

View Full Version : I went shopping today!!!

MrforNow
11-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I finally made the move and stopped to do some shopping today. I was feeling really awkward at first. As I walked around the ladies "intimates" department I felt like everyone was looking at me.

But to be honest, I didn't notice anyone giving me funny looks at all! It was so much fun checking out all of the lingerie and panties! I didn't buy very much as I was still unsure about sizes and all, but I did better than I expected. Everything fits pretty well.

Ok, let's see, here's what I wound up with. A light pink thong with a matching little string strap top, both litely beaded. A darker pink very sheer and lacey thong, a pair of pink satin pajamas (size 18W / 20 W, I really could have gone a size larger but it fits ok), a bottle of nail polish for my toes as nobody can see my toes while I'm in drab, some skin moisturizer, and a small electric hair trimmer to remove the hair from the tops of my feet and toes.

After I left the store I just couldn't wait to get parked here for the night so I could try them on! It really was sooo much fun. I am wearing the little beaded thong and top now and they really feel nice. The polish looks fantastic. A kinda metalic polish (chrome) in a color that's not quite maroon or burgandy, it's liter than that, but a darkish red.

I will be buying makeup as soon as I do enough reading up to know what I need to buy and how to apply it. The makeup thing is going to be hard as I pretty much live in my truck and so am in public pretty much all of the time and wouldn't dare walk inside a truckstop wearing it LOL.

For now I'll have to be happy lounging in my rig at night wearing what I like with the cab privacy curtains closed.

I am also going to go wig shopping some time soon, in some place where nobody knows me and I couldn't care less what they think.

OK now, I've finally, after all these years, taken the first faltering steps toward being the me I really am. Know what? IT FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tristen Cox
11-07-2004, 09:00 PM
And it should feel great too! Sounds like the shopping was fun and the outcome was a success, it only gets easier the more you do it too. Since I have not noticed you here before, let me stop and say that we are happy you're among us now. Hope to hear more of your posts and enjoy the evening where ever you may be tonight. :D

Love
Tristen

MrforNow
11-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Thank you Tristen; I am very happy to have found this place, it is a great source of support for me. I don't feel so alone now. I appreciate your support sis. :)

mmandy31
11-07-2004, 11:13 PM
i can remeber when i went first time i wonder what sales girl were thinking.
now it dosen't bother me any more.
i buy bra's panties slips pantyhose dresses whatever i need.

Jenna1561
11-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Jenny,

I am happy to hear about your shopping! It is always such a thrill. I do most of my shopping out of town, so I won't run into anyone I know. I enjoy shopping for girrly stuff, but am not ready to come out to co-workers and friends.

I do sometimes shop in my hometown. I use a little trick I learned about somewhere else on the internet. I write a shopping list in the best feminine cursive handwriting that I can muster. I then shop for what's on the list, usually trying to feign a confused look. If a clerk eyes me suspiciously, I usually just ask her for help. Usually works well, especially for for makeup and jewelry.

Shopping is such fun!

Jenna

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Jenna; LOL I did that very thing. I was prepared to say that I was shopping for my "sister", but it never came up. :)

Renecd
11-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Jenna, I also always do the same thing except when I am in a mall. But I have many times had a list while shopping and just kept looking at it and also looking confused. Which sometimes is an easier look for me lol

Hugs,
Rene

Wenda
11-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Happy for you, girl. I know what you mean, I never saw any wigs for sale in the Flying J when I was driving. A good part of driving is, that when you have to log in a zero day, with a bit of luck and planning, you can have 24 hours in a whole new town to see what they have. I am a lot more comfy now, but buying is still half the fun!. wenda.

MrforNow
11-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Wow Wenda, you were a driver? And here I thought I was the only one like me. (Driver that is)
What are you doing now? I would really like to know. How did you cope with working in such an intolerant industry?