PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it!

Rikkicn
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, it's done. I just came from the court house where I went before a judge who approved my name change. I was Richard and now I'm Renee. I'm listed here as Rikki because that was my first femme name and I've used it online for along time.
It was a big step and I feel like a weight has been lifted. Now on to the work of changing my credit cards, license and all kinds of other things.
It was fun dressing for the event. When I went up to the clerk he referred to me as M'am and latter Ms. which was wonderful and respectful. The judge said she was happy to change my name and wished me good luck. It took about 5 minutes for the actual change but getting the forms filled out and such was much, much longer.
They asked the reason for my request and I said that I wanted my name to match my gender presentation and all was fine with that.
Say good bye to Richard and hello to Renee.
Thanks for listening. I'm so excited that I want to share.
Huggs to all
Renee/Rikki

Janelle Young
04-18-2006, 03:16 PM
It is so nice to meet you Renee. (and a very nice name it is)

Ellie
04-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Good going Renee I'm glad to hear that it was relatively painless.

In a previous thread I read that you can ask a moderator to change your display name here as well if you want.

Toddles

Fainne the King
04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey good for you! Congratulations

Jasmine Ellis
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello, Renee, congratuletions dear, the drinks are on you I would say

Julie York
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Congratulations.
Why did you chose Renee? It seems to crop up quite often in the CD world and is not like a "Julie" or "Carol" type name, so I presume it has a meaning for you.

Anahis
04-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Congratulations Reene.

paulaN
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Renee I love that name. nice to meet you Renee. I think that is so cool I'd love to be in your heels. keep on gurlen.

Teresa Amina
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Congratualtions!!!:thumbup:

Deidra Cowen
04-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Congratulations that is very cool!

Rikkicn
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Congratulations.
Why did you chose Renee? It seems to crop up quite often in the CD world and is not like a "Julie" or "Carol" type name, so I presume it has a meaning for you.
My partner (a GG) bought a book about becoming a sissy maid. In the first chapter it had suggestions for sissy names and one of them was Renee. That was fun and because I identify( along with others) with the label sissy and even have a button that says SISSY that I wear when I go to some events. I like it also because it wasn't male or female and that would work for me no matter what form I appeared in. Then we found out it means rebirth and reborn and that certainly fits! Lastly I like the reference to Renee Richards.
It sounds lovely and suits me wonderfully.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

thanks for asking
Renee

Girly Sara
04-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Congratulations and the very best of luck to you Renee!

Sara xxx

Jodi Lynn
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Way to go girl!!!!!!!! Congratulations Renee!

Faye Emmette
04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Don't want this thread to get buried too quickly as it's great news to hear Renee.
Congratulations and I feel happy for you too.
Renee ... soft and easily spoken with that gentle Europen flair. Good choice.